Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Deb, Your vacation sounded wonderful and relaxing. Glad you had such a nice time. You will be on the losers bench soon enough and will be boasting about your weight, just you wait and see. I am so happy Tucker is feeling more like himself, its a day by day process and he will back to normal before you know it.

Sharing some positive energy and inspiration

Start small

Even the smallest accomplishment has great value. Because it sets in motion a positive momentum.

Once you begin to create value, you easily and naturally move toward creating even more value. The best thing about success is that it provides greater opportunity for even more success.

Go ahead and start small, and if you're unable to start small, then start tiny. The point is, do whatever you can with whatever you have, and that will be plenty to get you moving in a positive, productive direction.

There is always something you can do. There is always some small step forward that you can make right now.

Your ability to accomplish does not get used up. In fact, the more you use it, the more powerful it grows.

Create a little bit of success, and experience how great it feels. From that positive, empowered place, there's no limit to where you can go. -- Ralph Marston

.........................................................................................

I liked these to help deal with anxiety, stress and so forth:

STINGO - Stop Think Inhale Now Go On - Soldier Billy.

WASP -Wait Absorb Slowly Proceed - Soldier Billy.

Resentment makes resentment - Soldier Billy.

Resentment - The best cure is to ask yourself: Have I ever done what I am resenting that person for?

And playing on Soldier Billy's thoughts I will add my own:

I have never met anyone who went through searching for a surgeon, financing their Lap-Band, following the pre-op diet, undergoing surgery, enduring the soreness of recovery and changing their life small bites at a time because the price of food was raised. We are a unique group of individuals who have experiences with food unlike typical people. It's this experience that brings us together and unites us. - Lap Dancer

Edited by Lap_dancer

Ready for this challenge. Dee my friend, thanks for keeping us logged in data wise. Start weight for me is 389.

Can you believe I typed the above??? I am editing it right now but that's how engrained HEAVY is in my head. Make that 289. I almost want to go weigh again to pinch myself that I am out of the 300's. Been there for so many years!!!

Question for those of you near or at goal weight: Is your port easily visible under you skin? If you have a swimsuit or other snug fitting top on, can you see a bump? Anyone willing to post a photo of their port bump?

I am nervous about this pre-op, and thought it would help to learn about what happens when you reach goal weight.

Thanks in advance for sharing

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorKable | 314 | 15 lbs | 1 hr walk daily & strength 3x week

Amieru | 249 | 9 lbs | 3x week gym

bahotmomma | 146 | 5 lbs | 3x week c25k

BellaPerdente | 259 | 10 lbs| 30 min walk daily

brandymom1234 | 10 lbs | gym 3x week

deboregon | 8 lbs | 30 min daily

DenverGirl | 5 lbs | 30 min 3x week

GreenChrysalis | 244 | 10 lbs | 1 hr daily

lap_dancer | 23 lbs

lifesaver | 178 | 8 lbs

lotzasunshine |10 lbs | 30 min 5x week

Mal | 10 lbs | 30 min daily & strength 4x week

minidriver | 204.8 | 10 lbs | 30 min walk daily

munchkin392 | 189 | 8 lbs | bad foot free pass on exercise

PrtyAntOvrYt | 20 lbs

ShelbiCallie | 189 | 8 lbs | 1 hr daily

Woofay | 5 lbs

Rock it ladies!

clap.gif

Good morning! I'm trying to catch up here, but it seems like there are some great things happening - new jobs, weight loss, puppies doing better, vacations --good stuff. Mare -- I hope your feeling ok today and keep us posted on that test result. Where oh where is Dee???

Ador --

My scale this morning was 188 -- but I was 185 yesterday??? What is up with that??? Today I feel bloated, so maybe it's Water weight? Anyway, I'm down a pound so I'll take it!

Happy Monday, folks!

Good morning all! I'm in a hurry so this will be short...but I wanted to post my weight for the Labor Day Challenge. Down another pound this morning, so I'm at 243. I wish it were a bit more, but a loss is a loss and I will take it. I have increased my exercise again to 1 hour most days of the week (I remember when I started at 20 minutes...:lol:) so I hope that helps. I wanted to have 60 pounds off in 6 months, but my 6-month bandiversary is Thursday. So that may not be happening, but I am still very happy with my band! :thumbup:

Well, I stopped taking all meds and really haven't had much problems. However, I went in Thursday to Dr. K's. Tom wanted to recal how much Fluid I actually had in my band. Nothing came out except a few drops, should have been more. So they said I need to have an upper GI Series done. Talk about freaking out. I do not want to loose my band. Of course I think of the worst case. But I just read all the posts about slippage and they aren't very positive.

I have not had restriction in several months because we had taken so much out. and I have gained weight and can't control my appetite. I really appreciate the band and I want my restriction back.

Fortunately I was able to schedule the procedure Monday morn. I don't know about you all but I hate procedures. Never had an upper GI, at least I don't have to do the cleansing like for colon.

So needless to say I am depressed, and ice cream is going down way too easy. my comfort food of choice.

I will keep you all posted. Dee and John I am so sorry I missed you at the picnic. I really really wanted to see you.

Oh Marilyn... ((HUGS)) I hope your upper GI goes well this morning and everything turns out to be fine! I am thinking about you. Sending positive vibes your way. :lol:

Question for those of you near or at goal weight: Is your port easily visible under you skin? If you have a swimsuit or other snug fitting top on, can you see a bump? Anyone willing to post a photo of their port bump?

I am nervous about this pre-op, and thought it would help to learn about what happens when you reach goal weight.

Thanks in advance for sharing

My port becomes more noticeable the more weight I lose. Specially when I am sleeping at night, I can feel it when I sleep on that side or my stomach.

As far as a bump, I know some people during PS had a low profile port put it to replace the old one.

I figure that is the least of my worries. If I get skinny enough to see it I will be thrilled!!! And I will wear that bump as my badge of honor. lol.

Good morning! I'm trying to catch up here, but it seems like there are some great things happening - new jobs, weight loss, puppies doing better, vacations --good stuff. Mare -- I hope your feeling ok today and keep us posted on that test result. Where oh where is Dee???

Ador --

My scale this morning was 188 -- but I was 185 yesterday??? What is up with that??? Today I feel bloated, so maybe it's Water weight? Anyway, I'm down a pound so I'll take it!

Happy Monday, folks!

Excellent missy! Thanks for checking in. I feel you on the bloating. I bloated something major last week but thankfully it ALL came off this week. Woot!

Good morning all! I'm in a hurry so this will be short...but I wanted to post my weight for the Labor Day Challenge. Down another pound this morning, so I'm at 243. I wish it were a bit more, but a loss is a loss and I will take it. I have increased my exercise again to 1 hour most days of the week (I remember when I started at 20 minutes...:)) so I hope that helps. I wanted to have 60 pounds off in 6 months, but my 6-month bandiversary is Thursday. So that may not be happening, but I am still very happy with my band! :thumbup:

Congrats on the pound! WTG!!! =) Good job on the exercise!

I won't be back until late late tonight... IF I make it back on. I am headed to Tombstone with the fam today. And tomorrow is my surgery... finally! Yeah!

Anyway as for my weigh in I am THRILLED thrilled THRILLED... I dropped the 6 I gained after my ER visit plus ONE... so I am down 7 total for this week. Soooo relieved! So my weigh in today is 307! :ohmy:

As for my exercise I have been keeping up with it. I took Sophie for a 3 mile walk the other day and yesterday spent over 3 hour weeding, cutting grass, cleaning and cooking for a BBQ... and I am sore sore sore. LOVE my band... I do so much more!! :wub:

I have updated who needs to be updated. This is what I have so far! Good job everyone! :thumbup:

clap.gif LABOR DAY 4 WEEK CHALLENGE clap.gif

(monday weigh-ins)

adorKable | 314 | 15 lbs | 1 hr walk daily & strength 3x week

Amieru | 249 | 9 lbs | 3x week gym

bahotmomma | 146 | 5 lbs | 3x week c25k

BellaPerdente | 259 | 10 lbs| 30 min walk daily

brandymom1234 | 10 lbs | gym 3x week

deboregon | 10 lbs | 30 min 3x week

DenverGirl | 5 lbs | 30 min 3x week

GreenChrysalis | 244 | 10 lbs | 1 hr daily

lap_dancer | 289 |23 lbs

lifesaver | 178 | 8 lbs

lotzasunshine |10 lbs | 30 min 5x week

Mal | 10 lbs | 30 min daily & strength 4x week

minidriver | 204.8 | 10 lbs | 30 min walk daily

munchkin392 | 189 | 8 lbs | bad foot free pass on exercise

PrtyAntOvrYt | 20 lbs

ShelbiCallie | 189 | 8 lbs | 1 hr daily

Woofay | 5 lbs

Weigh-ins so far...

adorkable | wk1 314 | wk2 307

GreenChrysalis | wk1 244 | wk2 243

ShelbiCallie|wk1 189 | wk2 188

Rock it ladies!

clap.gif

Edited by adorKable

Drive by post . . . . still out of town so can't weigh in until I get home tomorrow night.

conference is over and now am visiting grandson. He has grown SO MUCH in 3 months. sigh.

Congrats on the weight loss so far and I'll catch up when I get home.

OK, I'd like to talk about something I don't see mentioned here often...PBs. Ideally, we would never have them, of course, and maybe we don't often discuss them because it's shameful. It means you screwed up in some way. But surely I am not the only one in the world to have them on occasion. Right? Right?!? :confused2:

I'm not talking every day or every week, or even every month. But sometimes, they happen. :)

I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer eat certain raw veggies like carrots. I never had a problem with them before, but since my last fill I have had two PBs after eating raw veggies and a couple of close calls. Although I am very careful, they are still getting stuck. This annoys me to no end, because I love to dip them in hummus and things like that. In fact, that's what I was doing for lunch today. Baby carrots, celery sticks (I know that's a potential problem food but I have never had a problem) and strips of bell pepper.

Then the pain hit. And one trip to the bathroom was not enough. Let me tell you, although it's not vomiting, spicy hummus is still not nice coming back out. :)

I'm guessing my most recent fill got me tight enough to make eating things like that problematic now. Oh well. I'm not saying it's not annoying, but it still a small price to pay.

Just keepin' it real, people...

Edited by GreenChrysalis

:)Well, now I feel like a dog who pooped in the middle of the room...

Maybe I am the only person who has PBs...:)

:)Well, now I feel like a dog who pooped in the middle of the room...

Maybe I am the only person who has PBs...:)

I PB too, Greenie. You're not alone. I'm just at work right now, and am checking the thread on the QT. :mad: Shssssh. I'll wirte more later when my shift ends.

I PB too, Greenie. You're not alone. I'm just at work right now, and am checking the thread on the QT. :) Shssssh. I'll wirte more later when my shift ends.

Thanks, Shelbi. I feel better now. :)

Green, I PB too!! I am a little tighter than I should be (selfish on my part, I like losing weight). So I used to have more episodes than I do know. I have learned to take my time when eating and listen to my stop sign (hiccups). However I still have them every once in a while. I even had one on Saturday when we had mexican.

Adorkable: put me down for 2lbs. down this week. I weighed in at 257:thumbup:. I haven't been walking because I have been busy but I did what you did this weekend and spent 3 or 4 hours doing lawnwork...cutting grass, weedeating, trimming shrubs, pulling weeds. That has to be more of a workout than just walking.

Wednesday is my first fill....I can't wait:biggrin: I am going to tell him to be generous because I can't afford to go in twice a month.

OK, I'd like to talk about something I don't see mentioned here often...PBs. Ideally, we would never have them, of course, and maybe we don't often discuss them because it's shameful. It means you screwed up in some way. But surely I am not the only one in the world to have them on occasion. Right? Right?!? :confused2:

I'm not talking every day or every week, or even every month. But sometimes, they happen. :cool2:

I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer eat certain raw veggies like carrots. I never had a problem with them before, but since my last fill I have had two PBs after eating raw veggies and a couple of close calls. Although I am very careful, they are still getting stuck. This annoys me to no end, because I love to dip them in hummus and things like that. In fact, that's what I was doing for lunch today. Baby carrots, celery sticks (I know that's a potential problem food but I have never had a problem) and strips of bell pepper.

Then the pain hit. And one trip to the bathroom was not enough. Let me tell you, although it's not vomiting, spicy hummus is still not nice coming back out. :w00t:

I'm guessing my most recent fill got me tight enough to make eating things like that problematic now. Oh well. I'm not saying it's not annoying, but it still a small price to pay.

Just keepin' it real, people...

:mellow:Well, now I feel like a dog who pooped in the middle of the room...

Maybe I am the only person who has PBs...:wink2:

You aren't the only one who has PB's in fact there is an entire thread dedicated to PBs. Just go to search and type in PB, it will scroll like a ticker tape.

I SLIME if I:

Drink a cold liquid following a bite of food. ( or it gets hung up it feels)

Eat something hard like an apple. Three bites and I'm a goner.

Eat too fast.

Eat too big of a bite at one time.

Eat certain food combinations ( like having a piece of biscuit with a bite of sausage ..ahhhhhhh )

You just make a mental note of what isn't a good thing ( like right now I had a THIN slice of raisin bread that I toasted. I have some tea, straight up, for some reason that combo isn't settling well with me. It's my guess that the wet of the tea is creating a cog, a 'dough ball' in my food shoot.That's the kind of mental note I make.