Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Munchkin~I read your post this morning, but didn't have time to post. You have been in my thoughts all day, I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I don't understand how people can make a tough situation even harder to deal with. I know that you make sure that she doesn't get the chance to do this to another family. I can't imagine the shock and anger you must be feeling. Take care of yourself and I hope your husband's emotional pain can be managed.

Bless you

Munchkin~

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I feel awful for you and your situation. It is appaling that this lady can get away with this. I am thinking of you and your soon to be ex as well.

Please if you need to vent, come here or PM me, I will get you my phone number.

I am thinking of you!!

Adorkable....My weight yesterday morning was 175...3lbs down, which I think is a fluke but since I have been losing so slow lately I will take it!

Much....Oh, how upset would I be????? I used to work in a hospital and I absolutely hate it when people make up their own rules. Totally pisses me off. My prayers are with ya.

I met a boy(man?) this weekend. Actually I went hiking with my xboyfriend on Saturday morning, had a first date with another guy on Saturday night and another date with a different guy on Sunday night. I Have never dated more than one guy at a time in my life. Very stressful. The guy Sat night kissed me which shocked the hell out of me, but I figured "what the hell" and I joined in:-) He really likes me and has make lots of plans to see me again, soon. The Sunday night guy likes me too....but luckily he is out of town on business this week....whew!!! It's shocking to me that these guys think I am so beautiful.....when did that happen? It reminds me that I still look in the mirror and see the same fat girl regardless of how others see me. Time to start working through that emotional crap I guess.

A NSV this weekend. When I hiked with my x boyfriend on Saturday we went for 7 miles and I totally kicked ass. I kept up with him (he, who is 6'4" and has hiked 5 fourteeners in the last month) and I could have gone even faster. I am so proud of myself.

I haven't been keeping up with the posts very well, so sorry if I missed something important.

Yay, Renee!!!!!!!!

Life is looking up for you! What's the old saying? -- So many men, so little time!! Go get 'em and enjoy! You ARE beautiful -- own it, girl! Good on you for your NSV, too!

Hi there,

I am considering Dr. K for my lap band sugery. But I was wondering if I can get some info from someone. I live in Canada, and I was wondering if he does the surgery at a hospital or a clinic (I have an appointment on friday for a consulation) and also if any one can recommend a hotel/motel near by? I have read alot of your posts and everyone seems really happy with him, and you guys are soooo supportive of each other, which is really nice to see. I think it would nice to be apart of your gang!! And info you can pass along would be great. Thanks for you help!!

Hi jogirl and welcome! I had surgery at Parker Adventist surgery center and stayed at the Holiday Inn Select across the street (sort of) from the hosptial -- both were great! There's another Dr. K patient, Gurlygirl, who traveled from Canada and had her surgery the day before me. She hasn't posted here in awhile, but she's still around the boards at times. We're glad to have you with us!

Lap, I am so glad that they have found what is wrong with your back, it is always so nice to finally have an answer and not "just think your crazy". Good luck at pt and here's to a quick recovery...

Munch, I am so sorry to here abt your soon-to-be-ex. My thought's and prayer's are with you as you go thru this hard and trying time in your life. Kick butt with that nurse and put her in her place.

Brandy, Welcome back, we missed you.

Adork, How was your surgery? I hope you are feeling better. I was down 1 pound this week. Also, I need to adjust my ticker. When I was in last week for a fill (didn't get one), Tom and I talked about my goal and he said I should be anything with a 1 and a 2 for the first numbers. So I would like to be 125. Wish me luck.:whatchutalkingabout

Dear Munchkin - You have been in my thoughts and prayers today. I cannot believe that nurse can keep her job after this. It was wrong on so many levels. I'm so sorry.

Hi Munckkin, so sorry about your divorce. Been there, and it is never easy, especially when you have extenuating circumstances. I hope your ex makes a full recovery.

Adork, hope your surgery went well and that you are feeling better and are not in any pain.

Lap, hang in there with the PT. I'm going now also for a back injury and it sure helps, but is not fun in the process.

Lifesaver, you go girl!!!! Enjoy dating, and so proud of you for your hiking success, that is awesome.

Do many of you find that having this surgery makes you reevaluate everything? I'm kind of looking at this as a new lease on life, and figure now is the time to consider some other changes as well.

Welcome Jogirl. I had mine done in Parker as well. I highly recommend it. This is not one of those doublewide trailor looking buildings but very pretty with lovely sculptures and a huge gallery type entry. Staff was so very friendly. It's not a behemoth impersonal place either. Holiday Inn Select is so close you'll be glad you chose it. LUCK!

Munchkin what's the latest with Nurse Betty?

BAHOTMAMA - thanks so much. I am so glad that I have direction to go in with the pain.

Lifesaver..sqeels...details details! Ha ha. LOVE IT. Our friends on here are riding the Love Boat.

MAL! Hey girl. HUGS sqeeeeeeze.

Anita dah=link where are you? Schools is starting already here.

Amieru hey! Hope all is going well with you.

Sidann I start the torture on Thursday. My mechanical coffin visit is then. Once I get that MRI then we can know exactly what my spine is doing. Friday is my physical therapy.

** I'm sharing these thoughts that a nurse told me years ago. "Pain is not normal". So if you find you are feeling some pain for some odd reason and there is nothing visible or it can't be readily explained...have it checked out. I should have done this sooner because I have literally been living on Tylenol Extra Strength gel caps for aeons. Walking should not be so painful and since my feet stopped hurting, my knees stopped hurting ( less weight thank you very much ) there was no reason the back should NOT have stopped hurting.

I want to dance.

I want to take long walks.

I want to run.

I want to ride a bike up the Suncoast trail.

Right now it is too painful to do any of that. SOON!

Renee...you rock lady!!!

Denise...hey fellow MILF (BTW, my sons are SO grossed out at this!)...how tall are you? I am 5'6" and am aiming for 128. Tom told me the same thing. That still makes me have to lose 28 pounds.

Has anyone else considered joining WW? I am tossing it around, that way I am accountable every week to someone in person...

Let me know.

Where is DEE?!?!

Thanks for all the hugs and words of encouragement gals. I know I can always count on you!

Hubby was moved to the inpatient psych facility tonight, and since that is where he needs to be, I am relieved.

As for Nurse Betty (I prefer Nurse Beotch personally), I went and talked to her nurse manager today. She gave me the name to the administration person in Corporate Compliance, so I am going to talk to him tomorrow. She had BETTER get in trouble for it, but I won't hold my breath. There was a nurse on the med-surg floor that disclosed HIV test results to someone and didn't get fired for it, sooo.....but if I have anything to do with it she will pay in some way, shape, or form. He was moved up to my old floor last night, where my good friend is the nurse manager and I know most everyone who works there, so that was much smoother sailing. (Not that is shouldn't have been smooth sailing in the ICU since they all know me too!)

I had an appointment for a fill today, so I decided to keep it. I only figured a tiny tweak was needed, (which is all he usually wants to do) and he came in and wanted to add a bunch despite the fact that I have lost 11 pounds since my last one at the end of June. I was like "Whoa, cowboy!" I was having visions of the evil week when I was too tight.

Funny story...I met a girl on OH that was looking for a fill doc in my area. I think I told you guys I went to her first fill with her at my fill doctors office. Well, she had an appt for a fill today and I didn't know it. I heard them say her first name and I asked the nurse "Is that my Tricia?" And a second later we heard a little voice behind the door of a nearby exam room saying "Is that my Munchkin?"

It was just kind of funny. The doc thought we had scheduled our appts together but we didn't! (I let her watch my fill since I got to watch him torture her for her first one!):crying:

Also, I finally remembered to ask my fill doc what weight he wants to see me get to, as opposed to the weight my PCP wants me to reach. He said 120's or 130's was completely realistic. So I am changing my ticker to reflect that. Wish me luck girls!:crying:

I also need a group opinion on my latest dilemma...

I am seriously stressed out about this foot surgery I am supposed to have next week. The thought of being on crutches for two weeks while I am here alone just about kills me. I have no idea how I am going to take care of myself, my house, or five dogs on crutches. I can't even figure out how I am going to feed my dogs twice a day if I am on crutches-I won't be able to fill and carry their food bowls! And it seems a bit impractical to ask my friends and family to come over twice a day for two weeks to help me!

And I am not so whipped about the amount of pay I am going to lose being off that long also. Everybody under the sun wants money from me these days. I just really can't afford to take the time off.

But, on the other hand, I am really, really tired of having this chronic pain in my foot all the time. I think I would be alot more active if I didn't have it. And, it would be really nice to have some time off work, although I am still taking my vacation days even if I don't have the surgery.

**But** it has felt better as I lose more weight, so I am hoping if I lose 20 pounds more it will completely heal.

Any thoughts on the matter peeps?

Munchkin~

I have serious issues with my knee. I am 33 and my options are cartilage transplant or total knee replacement. This is why I did the band. Although, not 100% better...I would say that it has bought me another 10-20 years.

If I were you, I would wait and see. If the pain is tolerable, you may be suprised to feel better after another 20 pounds.

So, how much did you have put in today? What is your total amount in?

Brandy-I was told last summer after a knee injury that I already had severe arthritis in one knee and would eventually need a knee replacement also. That was a HUGE deciding factor in getting the band. And I have to say my knee does feel soooo much better. It used to gross me out to walk up and down stairs because my knee was so "crunchy". Now it hardly does it at all.

I think you are right...I think it would be better to wait and see. I am just scared if I don't have it, it may get worse, then I won't be able to take time off from work again until the beginning of next year. (And it will be snowy and icy here...not conducive to crutches or cam walkers.)

Glad to see you back and thanks for the cyber hugs!! :crying:

BTW, my little cousin just got back from seeing DMB at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin TWO nights in a row. Little brat!!!