Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Red Rocks

cfiles10597.jpg

Everyone had a dream. Don't lose sight of yours.

dream.jpg

dream.jpg

cooltext85652893.gif

Hey Everyone,

I have not posted in a while, but I have been in getting caught up. It looks like a lot has been going on...I have been really busy with life as well. We are getting ready to go to Paris in a few days, so that is very exciting. I have been shopping and boy has that been fun. I used to hate shopping, now I'm loving it. I am down 40 lbs since my surgery and only have about 35 to 40 to go. YEAH!!! I am so happy that I did this I can't beleive how much confidence I have now. I actually wear this tucked in and wear a belt. On the belt I have gone down to the 4th hole. I started on the 1st one. So that is a major accomplishment. I have been working out about 4-5 times a week walking and doing weight training. I have trouble sometimes eating, I can only get down a few bits and then I am done. I think I eat to fast and don't chew good enough. Something I need to work on. Well I will ck in later.

Hope you all have a great day.:thumbup:

Hi Dr. K Banders - I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing but I'll try posting here. I have been reading your posts for several months. My surgery with Dr. K is on May 14. I am so excited and wanted to thank all of you for the information. You made my decision easy and I feel good about my decision. But I am VERY nervous about this step. I don't want to fail again!

Welcome all the newbies! You have made the best choice in getting Dr. K to do your band!

BIG BIG BIG NEWS:

I am 4.5 months out and have lost 60 pounds as of this morning!!! Only 40 more to go and I am to goal!!! I will make it by my bandiversary!!!!

:thumbup: :lol::lol: :tt1: :w00t: :biggrin: :lol: :thumbup: :tt1: :w00t: :thumbup: :lol:

I went today to have my 6th fill (or was it 7th? i forget) and they suprised me at the office and gave me a 100 lb loss certificate and a 100 lb lap band pin!

Below is a picture of me, Dr Kirshenbaum (DR K) and my certificate!

ive lost 102 lbs!

Townley.JPG

J- Congratulations! That's just awesome!:rolleyes2:

I just got back from another trip to Anchorage (and Fairbanks to see family). Went in for my son (thought he needed ear tubes again, but then doc said he didn't recommend surgery at this time - oh well, that's good) so I had another fill. I'm at 3.4cc in my 4cc band now. I don't feel much more restriction than before. I didn't lose any weight last week - there was some Coldstone involved. I HAVE learned to cheat and it's soooo easy to do so! I'm looking forward to the next few weeks. The snow is melting and all that means is that I'm going to get out more and be more active.:scared2:

I've lost 40 lbs. and that's BIG for me...I have to admit that I still get jealous when I hear that others are doing so much better than I am. Instead of thinking, "Way to go!" I'm thinking, "Crap! I'm so far behind!" My DH is so wonderful that he reminds me often that the goal (for me) was to STOP GAINING and not really to lose anything so I've reached my goal...it just doesn't feel that convincing!:tongue2:

My friend left the other day to go to Michigan to have the gastric sleeve procedure and I have to admit that I'm worried that she's going to lose all this weight and here I'll be not losing more than a 1 lb. a month!:thumbup:

On a happy note...I've been having trouble with Protein - actually eating meat because I get stuck. I've come up with some ways to help me eat it - the biggest change is the small bites and SLOW eating (which has been extra hard for me). I was actually able to eat some grilled steak last night! It was so yummy! I ate chicken the other day...things are looking up. I know that I've reached for the easy (read: bad) food because meat has been so difficult for me. I'm really glad I've "figured the meat thing out" - couldn't have come at a better time!:thumbup:

Hi Marcy!

I know what you mean about feeling bad about losing slower than others. I have a good friend who had Gastric Bypass in October. She's lost 170lbs. People ask me how much I've lost, I tell them and they make the ugliest faces. It hurts my feelings. My Mom asked me the other day what I had lost and I could hear the judgement in her voice. It's hard to deal with it. But I keep trying to remind myself that my goal is to not gain anymore and to lose - slow is okay. I didn't gain all this weight in one year or even 2 years. It took me 20 years to get to where I am now AND no, I don't want to take 20 years to lose it, BUT IF I can just steadily lose some, I'll be happy.

Slow and steady wins the race...

Remember that story?

Hugs,

dee, the turtle girl~:rolleyes2:

(has anyone looked at those banana icons? some of them are really nasty!)

Welcome all the newbies! You have made the best choice in getting Dr. K to do your band!

BIG BIG BIG NEWS:

I am 4.5 months out and have lost 60 pounds as of this morning!!! Only 40 more to go and I am to goal!!! I will make it by my bandiversary!!!!

:rolleyes2: :w00t: :scared2: :tt1: :tongue: :tongue2: :lol: :thumbup: :eek: :blush: :thumbup: :lol:

Wow! That is BIG NEWS! Congrats!

I can't wait to see you next month at Red Robin's! I bet I won't recognize you!

BTW when is your bandiversary?

Hey Everyone,

I have not posted in a while, but I have been in getting caught up. It looks like a lot has been going on...I have been really busy with life as well. We are getting ready to go to Paris in a few days, so that is very exciting. I have been shopping and boy has that been fun. I used to hate shopping, now I'm loving it. I am down 40 lbs since my surgery and only have about 35 to 40 to go. YEAH!!! I am so happy that I did this I can't beleive how much confidence I have now. I actually wear this tucked in and wear a belt. On the belt I have gone down to the 4th hole. I started on the 1st one. So that is a major accomplishment. I have been working out about 4-5 times a week walking and doing weight training. I have trouble sometimes eating, I can only get down a few bits and then I am done. I think I eat to fast and don't chew good enough. Something I need to work on. Well I will ck in later.

Hope you all have a great day.:rolleyes2:

Wow! Denise, I love your new Avatar! 40 lbs is great! You're more than halfway to your goal! That's great!

Can I hide away in your suitcase and go to Paris with you? Now that you're wearing smaller clothes, I bet you'll have some extra space in there! I've lost some weight, I could fit! Please?

Hugs,

dee~

Hi Dr. K Banders - I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing but I'll try posting here. I have been reading your posts for several months. My surgery with Dr. K is on May 14. I am so excited and wanted to thank all of you for the information. You made my decision easy and I feel good about my decision. But I am VERY nervous about this step. I don't want to fail again!

Welcome Sidann!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

Do you live here in Colorado? Join us at Red Robins each month for some extra support, if you do.

You'll be thrilled with Dr. K and his staff! This surgery has been the best thing for me!

Each new day brings me a new NSV!

I love it!:rolleyes2:

dee~

Hey peeps!

Dee & LW~Darn it, I didn't make it to Wal mart or Target this weekend. No Spanx for me...yet

Brandy~off to the gym we go!

Dynamo~I do shop at Runner's Roost for my shoes, I guess it's time for another visit. I am sure it's the shoes. That bald guy there is awesome, he knows his stuff! I think his name is Chris???

Shelbi~Thaks for the heart...awwww your so sweet! I should have gone to the memorial service. My friend only stayed for a short time and all I kept thinking of was that I should have been there. The Funeral is tomorrow and I can't make it to that either. My dad canceled the dog visit, he got cold feet, but he is out looking at a Basset as we speak...you all know how I LOVE my Bassets! Thaks for the info on the ASSETS. I need something!

Renee~So sorry to her abouat the house fire. I hope things work out with your move back to Colorado. I am sure that Dr. K will accept you as a fill patient!

Lap~ahhh, Red Rocks! Didn't you see a concert there last year? I LOVE concersts at R Rocks! But the hike up the hill from the parking...sucks!

Bahot~ooooo la la PARIS! You must post some pics when you get back. Congrats on your losses WTG

Sidann~WELCOME! Your post sounds like one that I wrote at the begining! You will do great! You will not fail, you might have a couple set backs, we all do, but the band is amazing and Dr. K is the BEST!!

Marcy~I deff feel like the turtle of the Banditos. I need a fill so badly, I think I have gained about 6 pounds since my last fill. My scale is not trust worthy, I know Ihave gained, I just don't know how much. I can eat WAY too much and I NEVER feel full! I must get in for a fill soon. I just have to find some time off???

The sleeve sounds promising, please keep us posted on her success.

Hi Woof!!

Great post to read here today.

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see your words here.

Had a hefty loss since my fill and I'm quite sure it has more to do with my diet than restriction. Low fat, high Protein.

They opened a new Cracker Barrel about ten minutes from my house. OHHHHH I love Cracker Barrel. If you don't have one near you it is mostly southeastern U.S. style cooking. Corn bread, biscuits, sausage gravy, okra...you get the idea but the stuff I grew up with. Big menu, lots to choose from. So I went over the menu and selected my ever loving scrambled eggs cause there is nothing like Breakfast for dinner. Not real hungry for a hot Breakfast at 6 AM anyways but by 5 PM I sure was. dinner arrives and I had asked for chicken as my meat, it was breaded. This is a no-no because breading holds fat. But I had an itty bite and then another and boom...done. I looked at my husband and said, "If I eat this I'll end up killing myself tonight" and passed it off to him. Way too bulky and I was feeling that band the way I think we're really suppose to feel it. Plus, the mental WRONG affect had kicked in as well. Light dinner of breakfast, purchased two lovely candles from the gift shop I am home now neatly content.

I really have a drive to get the weight off as quickly as feasible. Reading about all of the achievements on here is a shot in the arm for me. Thanks for always sharing your stories.

I hope that I didn't make anyone feel bad because I shared my weight loss...that was not my intent. I am just excited.

If I was down 20, I would be excited as well!!! No worries slow losers, it is going to come down. I just know it!

I also haven't posted in while...but have been keeping up to date with everyone. Just wanted to pop in and say howdy!!

I hear you on the restriction thing. I sooooo need some restriction. I was banded back 2/26/08 and have not yet had a fill. I have an appointment with my follow-up doctor here in Oklahoma on Monday. I hope I don't have to cancel (I'm waiting for a check in the mail so that I can pay for my fill!!!) I wish I lived closer....I would love to continue seeing Dr. K!!!

I've been trying to eat right but I have noticed that it's taking me longer to get the full signal. Does anyone else have a problem getting all your Protein suppliments in during the day??? Wow!!! It sure it hard. But I bet I'll be better at getting it in once I have a fill and have some restriction. My body will need it then. I think I'm getting enough Protein at my meals right now anyway.

I set myself a little mini-goal. I want to loose 11 lbs before Memorial Day weekend. That will give me 70lbs total!!! I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandy~NO WAY, why would you think you made someone feel bad because of your weight loss?? That's why we are all here right? We all want to keep losing and reaching our goals! YOU GO! We are all very proud of your loss! Keep it going and never feel bad for posting you loss. I love it, it helps me keep myself in line when I see how everyone is doing and I am slacking, it makes me want to work harder.