Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dee-- Congrats you are in bandland...:biggrin: Best of luck to you on your recovery take it slow and don't over do it.

Everyone Else-- okay so here is my issue, I woke up this morning and am starving, it seems like I can't get enough to eat. But the good thing is I can't eat alot. What am I to do? It seems like I am trying to put something in my mouth every hour or so.

HELP

Are you focusing on proteins... they'll keep you full longer... also not drinking while eating...and waiting keeps the stuff in your tum longer...

Tina

Hi Everyone -

I had an AHA moment. My sister says,"How much weight have you lost? You look really different, even your body shape is changing." You all have to understand that I have been about the same weight for several months, even tho' I lost on Dr. K's scale. So I was astonished, but felt really great. Even my skinny jeans are getting loser.

Another AHA was shopping at Coldwater Creek - I found PXL fit me really well. I didn't have to go into the X's. So I guess there is a change happening and all those hours in the gym are paying off.

Dee - Congrats! For me, it hasn't been fast, but my relationship with food is changing.

All the rest of you - who is going to be at

Red Robin - Feb. 7 (please copy and paste)

Michelle

Brandy

Mal

Woofay

Bookholder

Hugs all,

Michelle

Michelle

Brandy

Mal

Woofay

Bookholder

dee~

michelle, i'll be there.

today i've had a lot of pain in my port area. did you remember that?

Dynamo (Michelle)

Brandy

Mal

Woofay

Bookholder

dee~

Dee - I totally remember the port area being painful. I found really loose clothing helped along with ice packs. Other people say heat, for me it was ice that did the trick. Hope your discomfort vanishes soon. Try the ice pack. Many hugs to you.

Michelle

oh, by the way

I did it! im no longer MORBIDLY obese. I am now in the obese category. Thats pretty cool...i was SUPER MORBIDLY obese when i started (bmi over 50)...my bmi right now is 39.9. What a terrible name (MORBIDLY) obese! i guess whoever created it wanted to get thier point across. if you dont loose wieght soon, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE! Helloooo! McFly!! i feel so much better with all that weight gone. each time i loose weight i feel alot more energy...it makes sense...82 lbs is a lot!

Hey John.... Congratulations on your great acheivements.... So glad to hear that you are no longer Super Morbidly Obese and WOW!! 82 pounds lost is fantastic.....

Dee..... Congratulations on joining all of us in bandland... I am so happy for you that all went well in surgery....

Fatwidow.... Hang in there, everything will work out for the best when the time is right for you....

John, I Celebrate your new category! Way to go. ;)

Michelle- More than anything I love what is coming from your family. That is just beyond cool. Way to go. Loose sizes and all.

All:

I ordered some of the items from the nutrition section of Dr. Kirshenbaum's website. Specifically I ordered the Profect Protein beverage with 25 grams of protein, no carbs or fat. If any of you have partied at clubs and done 'Lab Shots' ...shots that come in test tube viles, this Protein Drink comes in what appears to be a large plastic test tube. Kinda cool. I picked the sampler.

I poured the Cool Melon Splash into my 33 oz. strawberry Kiwi propel Water and DANG I was ready for the beach. Tastes great. I tried to drink it straight but it was tart like crazy. BUT for 25 grams of protein I figure three a day or just to supplement my diet on a day when I'm not really feeling like doing much protein consumption like meats or cheeses, I think this is a great option.

Got a nasty sick cold right now. Going around at school.

Going back to bed.

Have a grand weekend.

Dynamo (Michelle)

Brandy

Mal

Woofay

Bookholder

dee~

Dee - I totally remember the port area being painful. I found really loose clothing helped along with ice packs. Other people say heat, for me it was ice that did the trick. Hope your discomfort vanishes soon. Try the ice pack. Many hugs to you.

Michelle

thanks Michelle, the ice is helping a lot!

Dynamo (Michelle)

Brandy

Mal

Woofay

Bookholder

dee~

Dee - I am so glad that the cool is helping. I used it for about a week to ten days post surgery. : )

John - i am so happy for you. Wow! Not obese anymore. What a wonderful thing for your life and health. Are you coming to RR?

Well - another stupid thing I did when I was at Coldwater Creek in Silverthorne. I was in the dressing room and took off a really nice gold chain with my jade circle when I tried on a top. I thought I put it into my purse, but I must of just missed it. So I am heart sick. It was a chain from Ira and the pendant was from my trip to china. Boo hoo. I called and I hope there is an honest person up there who will feel good and call me to return it.

Lap - I appreciate the kind words. I am still using a Protein Shake daily. It seems to help.

Hugs all,

Michelle

Hey ladies. Just thought I would post this here. I am selling my BodyBugg that I just got. Just did my taxes and it is NOT pretty. I am darn near panicked right now. I need to sell this as any little bit will help right now. If anyone is interested, PM me. I bought for $180. It still has trial membership good until March 2, 2008.

Okay...let me tell you about my "BIG DUH" moment this weekend!!

Well...I use to go to Curves right before I got pregnant (over 3 years) ago. (My daughter turns 3 years today!) I started back for about a month after she was born...then opened a small business and got too busy to go. Well....I thought I had canceled my membership...but just realized yesterday that I didn't when I actually looked at our bank statement from last month. I guess they have been taking out my membership payment each month for the last 3 years!!! :Banane20: Yes...my husband does the checkbook thing, OBVIOUSLY not very well. Soooooo...I'm going to keep my mouth shut and look at the bright side to all of this. I planned on rejoining this year after my surgery and I was healed. Sooooo now....I wonn't have to pay a new membership fee to enroll!!! I'm just going to start back next week!!!!!!!!!!!! And...NO...I'm not telling my husband that this has happened!!! It's our little secret!! :)

Just had to share. Please laugh with me...not at me. I guess it could always have been worse :)

Not to big of a DUH!!

My own gym membership has been coming out for 2 years and I have only been consistent in going for maybe 5 months...I am trying to change that now. I am dressed for the gym and ready to go. I am commited to 5 days this week...hopefully with that, the scale will start moving again! :)

LA...let me talk to my hubby...I would love to have one. I will let you know! He is at a coaches clinic today, and hopefully in a decent mood! HA!

Brandy~ Ok cool. Here's to hoping he is in a good mood! lol. *cheers*

Amieru~ Enjoy your membership! :) We looked into joining LA Fitness yesterday, actually had a really good price because of the Law Enforcement discount they offer. Soooo glad we didn't sign up though because of the whole tax thing. Walking outside and training for my 5K is the only exercise I can afford today. Free! lol.

LA-- If Brandy doesn't want it and no one else has come forward I will take it in a heartbeat. I have been looking into getting one.

Hope allis well with everyone...:eek:

Cool cool BaHot... that would be awesome. Hopefully eventually I can afford one again, but right now the shit has hit the fan in my house. Oye. guess it is time to kick the non rent paying sister out and start taking care of myself, instead of everyone else.