Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Anita,

Yeah, the pink eye story was pretty funny! I laughed about that for a long time. And I felt like telling Hannah, "Mrs S. is allergic to little girls who are allergic to pink eye, so stop bugging her!" She was kind of a diva, even at the innocent age of 9.

I don't know what that school was thinking, but we'd take an out of state trip once a year for each grade. I went on 3 trips a year. It was a small private academy and those trips were the greatest. A lot of good memories, that is for sure, but a lot of work too! Those teachers and parents were so committed to their children, it was such an inspiration!

I know you'll do great in whatever you do. But I think you'll do really well in the school system. I was recently accepted to grad school in Nebraska and I've struggled if I want to remain in the medical field. I worked so hard to get my pre-req's done for PA school. But now I'm wondering if I need a total career change. They have this major called, Health and Human Performance - a Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science. I think that would be great! Just think, my entire life would change! And I think a major like that would enhance my nursing degree.

Career changes are good. From geriatrics to children -- that's a good change. Working with exercise equipment at the Y would really get your motivated on a daily basis.

I'd love good health and activity to become part of my daily life. Being part of my career would be ideal.

I miss my smileys too! Where did they go? Smileys! Come back!;)

Hey!!! Guess what??! Today I actually weight less than the weight I put on my driver's license!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:scales:

I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!!

4.5 weeks out and I am in ONEderland!!! 198.5 as of this morning!!! I am so tickled!!!

Just thought that I would share!!

Brandy

Dee: Wow... that had to be so frustrating to be so close and then have to wait all over again. Wow. More power to you for sticking it out so long!!! ;)

Sorry I left hastily last night. Since I have moved to the midnight shift hubby and I don't get our nightly pillow talk time anymore and well, he was giving me the look when he went to bed. Needless to say I logged off without a goodbye. Sorry!

My surgery is at the Aurora Surgery Center, so I guess we will be missing each other. I missed the Red Robin group by a week. Booo. ;)

Woofay: Dr. K is apparently doing a phone follow up, unless I feel like I need to be seen. So I won't be at his office on Friday. Bummer.

I will look into flying out of Phoenix for my follow-ups if it is that much cheaper. Thanks for the tip. I could have gotten cheaper tickets on Frontier, direct out of Tucson, but I couldn't get into Denver soon enough for my pre-op appointment and couldn't take an extra day off of work to leave earlier. Oh well.

I am totally bummed about the smilie section. :frown: My boxing smilie is gone. Boo hoo. ;) So many fun ones are gone. ;) At least the bananas are still there! :(

Congrats on making it under your drivers license weight! Wheeee. How fun! :D

Brandy: CONGRATS! That is awesome. Way to go on getting to ONE-derland!

Bahot: How are you feeling? How is your post op diet going??

Woofay -- I would love to join you next month. Just let me know when, it all depends on my oldest daughters volleyball schedule. But I will surely try.

LA -- The diet is going great, I am down almost 17 lbs. I wore some pants today that I haven't had on in over a year. YEAH!!!!:frown: I keep thinking about getting on the treadmill, but am tired and achey today. But I have a friend that worked out this morning so I told her I would work out as well.

So I guess I'm off to walk my 30 minutes on the treadmill.;)

Denise... do it! You will feel so much better. :smile: I am loving doing the Couch to 5K program. Keeps me pumped up!

Great news everyone. I am down another 4 pounds!!! The scale was moving a little (non digital) so I am being conservative and will use the higher number! Waa hoo.

That make me 20lbs down from my all time high! 4 pounds this last week. Totally contributing that to the exercise I added in. Hubby even said my clothes look like they are fitting better, and they are! My jeans I pulled on without unbuttoning! These were TIGHT. Leave a red mark tight. I am stoked!

I can't wait to get banded! :myscared: :redface:

Wow!

Anita! That's great! Congrats on your loss! Less than your Driver's License is the best!

LA! 20lbs before you even got your band? Wonderful Wonderful! Dr. K is going to be thrilled with you!

Bahot! 17lbs is great! You are doing so well!

Brandymom! Celebrating your arrival in Onederland! I can't wait til I get there!

Have you guys seen the new show, "how to look good naked?" I watched it tonight for the first time and I remember one of Carson's best responses to a woman who was a little overweight and feeling pretty bad about her appearance. Standing in front of a full length mirror he said to her, "Is this perfection? - No, Is this beautiful? -- Yes it is!" I loved this show!

Thanks Dee. I just hope that Dr. K's scale is as generous as the one here at work!! LMAO. :smile: :myscared:

I have watched that show and I thought it was great! I wish that shows like that would make a difference in our society. Sadly they probably won't even make a dent. I am so glad that she felt so much better about herself after. I hope it lasts! And that the everyday, nitty gritty doesn't dull her new spark.

I know LA what you mean! What a sweet little show and what a great impact it made on her life. She cried a lot of tears each time he made a point of telling her how valuable and beautiful she is -- I felt those tears. I know being overweight as long as I have been, I am sensitive to those things. We beat ourselves up daily and when someone says or does something that tells us that we are different than what we have seen ourselves as -- it touches us deeply. Does that make any sense?

I think Dr. K's scale weighs a little different than mine at home. On the day of my last pre-op, I weighed at Weight Watchers and at home and then at Dr. K's office. I weighed 3 lbs more at his office. I purposely went to WW that day so that I could check my new scale.

May I ask what you do for a living?

Nope. You cannot ask what I do for a living. Bwahahahaa. JK. :smile: I am a Dispatcher for a Police Department. Been doing it for 6+ years. 5 years in WI, and now a little over a year here in AZ.

Love my job! :myscared: Although my degree is in Art. I actually have to get a second job to pay my surgery bill so I am thinking of becoming a part time Art Teacher. :redface:

OH!!!! Sorry for being such a Nosey Rosey!

I think being a Police Dispatcher would be a great job! Such a challenge. Do you use a computer program when you have medical emergency calls?

My old agency in Wisconsin I dispatched for both police and fire. We had a small chart that would help us ascertain what level of medical response we would send, but we did not give pre-arrival instructions to callers.

Now when I get medical calls, we patch into the fire department and they are trained to issue pre-arrival instructions. I dispatch strictly police at my new agency.

It can be challenging, but it is also very boring the majority of the time. Like right now, VERY slow (which I know is a good thing). Gives me plenty of time to research though! :smile:

Oh and I don't mind you asking. I am a pretty open person! :smile: No worries!

Hello everyone! Thought I'd pop in and say hello from the East coast, since I haven't in awhile. I've been reading about all these accomplishments -- you ALL are doing awesome!:myscared: Please keep adding the pictures -- you're shrinking before my very eyes and it is so cool to see your smiling faces! Lots of family issues (old and new) and work issues going on here and I'm trying to hold the depression monster at bay (some days better than others), but if there is a positive in this situation it's been that I'm not eating my way through it this time (thank you, thank you, thank you my dear lap band!) and feel like at least I've got some control over food, when everything else is out of control.

It picks me up every time I come here, gives me hope,and re-directs my focus onto something positive. I bet you didn't realize the power of your posts, did you? :smile: Thanks.

Take care and have a wonderful week everyone.

Woofay~Working for the school would be great. I often thought about it before, but our district doesn't pay very well, so I am still working at home. I LOVE to tease my Chris (13), that I am going to work at his school and wear a t-shirt with his picture on it saying "I'm Chris' mom". He says he'll run away...LOL It's funny how when they become teenagers, mom and dad become these strange beings from another planet.

John~you have done an amazing job, you look great!

Dynamo~my thoughts and prayers. Give Todd hugs and kisses from your LB buddies, we are all thinking about him and sending positive healing his way! Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

LA~Your doing it! Congrats, keep it up!

Yeah, what happened to our smilies????