Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Thanks marcy for the info. I am just concerned that the shoulder thing might be more than just the left over gas from surgery. I think I'm worrying too soon and I think I'm spending too much time reading posts to this web site.... lol

Also, I hope I did the ticker factory thing right and it shows up.. Thanks again for your reply.

Shesha~glad your home and safe. Sounds like things went well. Let us know when your up to it how you feel! Again, glad you were able to get that taken care of.

Mal~how's your son? Better I hope. How's things going with the new puppy? I finished that book. Very interesting stuff!

Dynamomini~glad your keeping busy with the "Ladies". Sorry your Water was out. Stuff like that makes me nuts. What day did we decide to gather in August? I forgot. I need to get it on my Hubby's calendar.

Lap Dancer~how are you doing and how is your fill?

MarcyinAk~how are you healing? Well, I hope! Are you feeling any restriction? Lots of people do without a fill.

Nicnaknut~ Welcome!

Well, my brother from California is here. And you know what? I forgot that he really is my "eating buddy". This has been a terrible week and a half. Thank goodness I can't eat as much as I used to or I'd be up 10lb. (only up a couple) Gotta get my mind set back!

Have a great day, All!

Hey Gals!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Shesha~I bet you are happy to be home and feeling good about having your port fixed. When do you start your fills? I think I am ready for fill #2, now if I can just get my schedule in synch with Dr. K...I wish he did weekend appointments.

Woofay~I don't remember when we scheduled our next dinner meeting??? I am thinking August 8th or 9th...Dynamo put it on her calendar.

Thanks for asking about my son. He has seen 4 Dr's in a week!! Now we are waiting to hear form a Surgeon, our net step is a MRI, I think I will call today...the last Dr. thought maybe a muscle tear somewhere along the abdomen??? Oh,yeah, this is my 18 year old, not the one that was at our last dinner.

My puppy has filled my heart with joy, I knew whenever I lost my Buddy that it would be difficult.

Glad you enjoyed the book...I know that we already knew a lot that was in there, but it is nice to refresh our knowledge.

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with your brother, he sounds like a wonderful person...lots of laughs I imagine.

Lap~Where are you? I miss hearing from you!!!

Marcy~hope your healing is going smooth!

Nicnaknut~Welcome to the FAMILY!!! I had no shoulder pain at all!

I met him yesterday and am going to go ahead with the surgery. He has had no one die and only two complications after the surgery. I found him to be credible, kind and competent. He explained how he negotiated a package price with a surgery center since when the surgery was offered via hospital it was $15,000 and he had only five customers in a year--much as we might not want to believe it, medicine is a business.

Shesha~glad your home and safe. Sounds like things went well. Let us know when your up to it how you feel! Again, glad you were able to get that taken care of.

Mal~how's your son? Better I hope. How's things going with the new puppy? I finished that book. Very interesting stuff!

Dynamomini~glad your keeping busy with the "Ladies". Sorry your Water was out. Stuff like that makes me nuts. What day did we decide to gather in August? I forgot. I need to get it on my Hubby's calendar.

Lap Dancer~how are you doing and how is your fill?

MarcyinAk~how are you healing? Well, I hope! Are you feeling any restriction? Lots of people do without a fill.

Nicnaknut~ Welcome!

Well, my brother from California is here. And you know what? I forgot that he really is my "eating buddy". This has been a terrible week and a half. Thank goodness I can't eat as much as I used to or I'd be up 10lb. (only up a couple) Gotta get my mind set back!

Have a great day, All!

Hey everyone. Woofay thanks for the hollar here. I've been OUT and off the loop. Daughter is moved (for those who didn't know, she eloped July 5th and was living out of state for the summer. She came home for a week and her hubby came to get her Saturday).

My fill went good. I do miss the support from just going to Denver, seeing Dr. K. My surgical experience was so awesome and the post-op visit. Kind of like going through a pregnancy and delivering then switching aftercare with someone who didn't run the gammit with you.

Has anyone heard the comedian Lenny Clarke? He lost 135 pounds. He is soooo funny. One of ours. Comedy Central is running his set right now so check him out on your local CC channel.

I'm at a good place right now. Need to jump on the scale and see where I'm at. I did have cake two days ago and I did manage to follow the rules of no liquid going down, limit portion and STOP.

Hope everyone is doing good. Anyone else having attitude adjustments? Man, talk about re-wiring the brain. Wow. I'm so glad I had the surgery!

I'm healing well. Today I feel AWESOME! JenniferNAZ and I email eachother and we seem to be doing about the same. We both have been plagued with some pain near the left-of-center incision. Yesterday I wore a girdle like panty and I don't know if that helped, but today I have NO PAIN! WAHOO! Now, I'm pretty sure I'll be sore later, but I'm feeling good now and that's what counts!

Woofay - NOPE, no restriction. I can eat a ton of food if I want (and one night I did because that's just what I do!). I haven't had any of the stuck issues, PBs, slimming or anything. Generally I'm doing well on portions, but I can tell you right now, I'm hungry! I'm looking forward to that first fill...it's Aug. 16 in Anchorage.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Elinrw,

What time was your appointment yesterday (7/23)? I left his office around 2:30 and met a new patient of his coming out of the elevator. Was that you?

Sheila

I met him yesterday and am going to go ahead with the surgery. He has had no one die and only two complications after the surgery. I found him to be credible, kind and competent. He explained how he negotiated a package price with a surgery center since when the surgery was offered via hospital it was $15,000 and he had only five customers in a year--much as we might not want to believe it, medicine is a business.

My surgery went well. I did not 'go under', I just had a local anesthetic and some "lala' medicine. I did fall asleep for most of the procedure though. It went very well. My port was "flipped as advertised"; - to quote Dr. K. He reattached it using his new technique. Other surgeons do it to...Inamed recommends two anchors to your body, but surgeons are having better luck anchoring it in 4 places, which is what Dr. K did (and the Dr. here in WI that discovered the flip does) It shouldn't detach again!

Dr. K did do a small fill for me while I was on the op table. It wasn't enough though, so I went back to his office and got some more. He wasn't going to do it at first, because I would be "compromising a sterile incision", but I gave him my puppy dog eyes, and he agreed to do it. He went under the tape that was on my incision, didn't pierce it, and found the port, no problem. He did prescribe antibiotics though, so I wouldn't get an infection from the fill. He's so conscientious. If you have any quesitons, let me know.

Shesha - I'm curious...did you have to pay for all that? I remember someone sayting that he "guaranteed" his procedure for a year, but not really sure on that.

Drew - what about you? did he charge you for the complications?

Hi Elinrw,

What time was your appointment yesterday (7/23)? I left his office around 2:30 and met a new patient of his coming out of the elevator. Was that you?

Sheila

probably--I asked if you were a satisfied customer or some similarly inane comment. I arrived a little after 2:30

probably--I asked if you were a satisfied customer or some similarly inane comment. I arrived a little after 2:30

Not to be intrusive, but would you mind sharing your experience post op? I had gallbladder surgery and the gas pains were unbelievable--Do you mind sharing how much you lost? How soon were you able to resume a fairly normal life style--I hear about people who go shopping the next day, etc.

elinrw - I also had my gallbladder out several years ago...major pain there! I also had a LOT of that gaseous "referred pain" in my right shoulder. This time I had a little stiffness in between my shoulder blades and very little tummy pain...really, this was NOTHING compared to the former surgery! I had my surgery on Tues. 7/10, flew home to AK on Thurs. with very little discomfort and drugs. I managed three kids with no husband (he left for some meetings for 5 days) the week following surgery and today (2 weeks out) I have ablsolutely no pain or discomfort and I'm able to eat anything I want!

Glad to hear you have that behind you now Shesha. Sounds like it all worked out. Great news. Now you can finally start your bandster life.

I go for my third fill tomorrow.

the week following surgery and today (2 weeks out) I have ablsolutely no pain or discomfort and I'm able to eat anything I want!

Marcy, Dr. K has a great sense of humor, and every once in a while he just tells someone they got the band, but they really didn't. Sounds like you're one of those.

Just kidding! :):D:D Congrats on your quick recovery.