Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

:)DynamoMini, We have something else in common(Shihtzu Pups)! We have had many breeds of dogs over the years but I have never been as smitten in love as I am with my black+white little girl Chloe. We also have a yellow labador and a chiwawa which I love also. We call ourselves dumb+dumber my husband being the dumber one (no, just kidding!) because we never know when to say no to adding a new dog to our home over the years. Oh well, talk to you later. Buy the way what in the world is a swamp cooler???? Sunnysea

Mal, I am so sorry to hear about your pooch, that has to be really hard being unexpected, it's hard enough when they get old. I once wrecked a whole new years day being depressed about a dead hampster that we had just gotten! I am happy for you that you have a new pup that needed a home just like yours to give it love. Take Care, Sunnysea:hug:

Morning, Gals! Well, I was filled again yesterday, and it went very well. He found the port in like 2 seconds, no pain or anything. I got 1.5cc yesterday. So far, so good. If it stays like this, I think it may be perfect. I hope it stays like this! His office was packed. I think there were 4 other women there waiting for consultations. I tried cottage cheese last night when I got home, erring on the side of caution. Then my brother got into town last night and we had pizza. We always order one thin crust cuz I can eat it and my family likes it. I was able to eat it without pain, and I chewed a lot. I was full after one square. So far, so good! :whoo:

Mal, congratulations on your new puppy! There's nothing sweeter than a little puppy licking you on the nose! My brother says that puppies have sweet puppy breath. My mom's dog was named Buster. What a great name! Send pictures!

Marcy~glad your feeling okay and foods are going down. Don't know about the dizzyness...glad it went away!

Have a great day! Gonna spend some time with my brother today! Woo hoo!

Mal... I'm glad to hear about the new puppy! I will be at the bout on Friday... come find me and I'll give you an autograph! (My first one!)

:cryThanks everyone for everything, the LB support and the depression support...You all are wonderful!!

I am such a moron...I have tried and tried and I just can't figure out how to post pictures??? They are either too big or just a bunch of letters show up???

Woofay~Your brother is in town? How fun!! I am so happy to hear that your fill is doing it's job. I called to see about a possible second fill around the beginning of August, we couldn't get our times to work, so I'll call back another time??? My fill is doing fine for now.

Drews~I am going to try to make it Friday, I think that would be alot of fun!!! Do you know if there will be merchandise for sale, like t-shirts, stickers ooooh and what about the calendar?? That would be awesome! Hope to see ya' there!

Marcy~I remember feeling pretty dizzy and faint like a couple times. I think it was because I wasn't getting enough "food" (liquid food) in me. I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks again everyone, today I am feeling a litle better, stil have the heartache with every breath, but crying as much....

Mal... there will be a bunch of stuff for sale. Tshirts, tank tops, beer coozies, buttons, stickers, and the 2007 calendar! I'm not in 2007 but will be in 2008 calendar! My photo shoot for that was actually last Sunday... I feel like a super star!

Forget it, I don't want a calendar if you're not in it!!!....You ARE a SUPER STAR!!!

Hi Everyone -

Glad to see life goes on and we are coming along. My fill is really good. I am full most of the day after eating small quantities. At first I was worried I was overfilled, it is such a fine line, but I slowed down and really chewed and I do fine. Gulping is no longer in my vocabulary or I will be Pbing, which isn's sociable or fun.

Drews glad you are back on the skates.

mal - I remember when my Tiffany died (14 year old cock-a-poo), that dog even flew in my plane with me. I hurt in every cell of my body. it is such a hollow ache. Glad the puppy can soften that for you.

Sunnysea - I adore the breed. I do hate finding a good groomer tho' but they are adorable and such great company, and no shedding, little barking, just easy sweet dogs. A swamp cooler is a unit that is on your roof, that blows air over Water soaked aspen pads. We have runs to all upstairs bedrooms and just one on the main floor. It is wonderful to add some moisture to the air out here, and it really cools things down. It only works in desert climates, and isn't efficient when it is humid. You keep doors and windows open with it, as it draws through the house that way, so you don't feel cooped up in the AC house. Boy, I didn't know I'd go on like this. heee...hee....

Woofay - keep cool. At least we are supposed to have a cold front and the day time temp will get into the 80's.

Have a good night,

Michelle

Good morning ladies!

I want to thank wveryone again for helping me through this awful time for me. My puppy is wonderful. The vet called lastnight and said that our Buddy's ashes are ready, I feel terrible, I just can't bring myself to pick them up, so my husband is going to do it alone...I don't want him to have to go through that alone. I told hime that we should both go,he said it was okay, he would do it. I know he is trying to protect my feelings, I think I can go with him, just not in the vet???

Anywhoo...

Drews~I called my dad and he is not feeling well, so he won't be able to go to the "bout", is that what your games are called??? I still want to go, maybe I can talk my hubby into going with me??? I think it would be a lot of fun!

Dynamo~Happy to hear that your fill is doing it's job. I forgot that you are a pilot, that is soooo awesome, you are such a fun spirit! How are the "ladies" going, I am sure that you are busy, busy, busy!!!

Woofay~I can't wait to hear how much fun you had with your brother!

Marcy~how are you doing?

Jennifer~How are things going for you?

Have a great day all!!

Morning, All! I am pretty pleased with my fill so far! Foods go down, but if I don't chew well or eat much slower, there is a bit of discomfort. Just exactly what I need! I am amazed at how little it takes to make me full. I think my "head" is a little sad though cuz it wants to eat just a little more...hee hee! It looks like a few of us are getting to a good place! Dynamo, Mal, Me, Drewslou, Woo hoo for us!

My brother and I are having a good time. Trying to catch up a little. We are so close and I haven't seen him in 5 months or so. He's just so much fun. He said he can really see the weight loss. Yay! Now if I can get him to get this band done with me! Maybe we can be with each other a little longer in this life.

Speaking of ashes (mal's doggy) my other brother's ashes were spread on Thursday. My Sisterinlaw let me know they actually got it done this time. Every other time they have gone to do it, someone has had issues and isn't ready. My niece and nephew were both ready this time, along with my Mom and my sisterinlaw. It's only been almost 10 years. I didn't think that it would matter to me, gone is gone, but I do think that maybe I feel a little closure too. Hope this helps me with my emotional eating a little. :)

The weather is so much cooler today...I'm so glad! It's a lovely brisk 71 in here today! Woo hoo! Have a great day all!

I'm doing well, thanks for asking. I was actually doing GREAT the other day and then yesterday I had a sharp pain in my belly around the port (or near to where it should be - I have yet to really feel it) and ended up icing and medicating. I'm better today, but know that I should be taking it easy. At least it's cold today and I can leave the chickens in the greenhouse (chasing them last night was a pain...in more than a few ways).

I'm eating pretty much whatever I want (mind you my WANTS list isn't that long) as long as I chew it all to a pulp...I haven't experienced anything "bad" from eating yet, which I hope to avoid all the days of my life...really, I don't think it's a lofty goal!

JenniferNAZ and I have been emailing eachother and it's nice to just chat with someone who's right at the same step as me....we're not avoiding you all, just letting you know where we are. It takes 3-4 minutes to download a page here and email is a little quicker. Thanks for all your advise and support!

I just wanted to say hello. I am being banded by Dr. K next week. I am really excited. He seems really great! I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in addition to a big weight problem and am hoping the band will help both conditions. Thank you so much for all your postings; they have been so helpful on my journey to getting the Lap-band.

Biggest Loser - you will be the Biggest Winner with the band and a lot of work. Best wishes on an easy surgery. Dr. K is great!

Woofay - glad you are keeping cool. It is odd how emotional I got when we spread my husband's ashes, just last fall. He'd been dead for six years, but there was always one of the boys that didn't want to deal with it. We went to Pagosa Springs for a long weekend. The hot springs are really special and the San Juan river is spiritual. I know my husband thought about the ocean, but the rivers all go to the sea and we could coordinate this. We each wrote special memories of Ira and read them by the Water, of course it started hailing and I worried about a flash flood as we were in a canyon along the road of Wolf Creek pass, but Ira would have loved the adventure of it all. A big hug!

Mal - you must be very busy with the daycare and a new puppy. What fun! A stimulating home, chuckle.

Hugs to you all, yes, I am busy with my painted ladies and painting in general.

Michelle

Biggest Loser~WELCOME!

Shesha~We will be thinking about you on Monday, have a great weekend!

Dynamo~yes, the puppy is keeping me busy along with all my preschoolers! We have a busy, fun filled day!!

Drews~Darn it, it looks like we won't make it tonight!!! I have your other bouts on my calendar, I hope to see one!!! Here's the new drama...my son possibly has a hernia and he is heading to children's this morning. We spent last Sunday in the ER with him (spent the day before in the Vet ER with my Buddy), they sent him home, said they couldn't find anything, took him to a Urologist, he said to take him to his Pediatrician, they said to take him to Children's, and that is where we are today. The poor guy has been in pain for weeks! GOD PLEASE no more drama!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Mal! You poor, busy Dear! Could you have any more to do? The pounds should be melting off of you! I hope your son feels better soon. I'll say a little prayer.:amen: Isn't cleaning up the puppy piddle fun? :dog: That's what I had to do for the last year. (Bichons are hard to house break!)

DynamoMini~ Paint, girl! Paint! hee hee! Glad your staying busy. It keeps away the boredome munchies!

Well, everyone, we have surprise visitors coming to stay with us tonight. My hubby's cousin, wife and kids will be coming through on their way to Yellowstone. So, that means I need to clean and clean! And make sure the spare room is in order and the sheets smell fresh and the towels in that bathroom are fresh, and, and, and...oh my! Hafta get busy! We're supposed to BBQ tonight and my hubby managed to invite a lot more than just the company for tonight, and that forecast...oh my. May be an indoor BBQ! (it's happened before, after all, it's Colorado!)

Have a great day all! Keep us posted on your son, Mal!