Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Lap Dancer - so you are experiencing the same types of feedback that I am. Some of it isn't very gentle. Funny how the intention to break the habits is there, but the struggle to "beat" the feedback fights back. I have to remember to watch myself and record what I do.

Hugs,

Michelle

Recording why I do is something I need to begin. I know that combinations of certain things will effect me a certain way even what I put in my mouth the very first thing in the morning.

Dr. K told me 80 grams of Protein daily. As for carbs, I recall around 25-35 was a healthy range.

Hello Fellow Dr. K'ers!

I have excellent restriction! Woo hoo!

It's weird not really eating, or being hungry.

I am getting used to this, and see why I will need to start up with the Protein Shakes again...

For instance, today I ate:

Breakfast: 1 slice of american cheese

Lunch: 1 hot dog - just the dog, no bun

Snack: popcorn

Dinner: 5 shrimp

Snack: 3 Musketeer Bar - which I could have did without, but I was really craving some chocolate.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did have a couple of beers today too. We went to a Beer Fest in Northern Wisconsin. They had 100 beers to sample, so of course I had to try a few. Yes, empty calories I know, but the beer was so yummy!

I know, I know, not the healthiest of days. I am usually much better.. fish, chicken, veggies etc. But, I just wanted to give you an idea of how this band works.

Oh! and no sliming or PBing, either. I am getting a little better with recognizing the restriction!

AND! I was floating around the 237 mark for the last week or so. Well, as of this morning those extra couple of lbs are gone! 234 AGAIN!! HOPEFULLY I will start to lose more. Just gotta stay away from the beer and the 3 Musketeers Bars!!!

Shesha congratulations on the restriction. Don't ya love it? It's so fantastic to feel FULL. FULL as in I'm not hungry anymore.

When I had my last fill, she took out all of the fill to see how much I had in there. I drank the water....whhhooooosh it went down. She said "that is NO restriction". OMG I had forgotten and let me tell ya, I could easily eat so much more if I had that kind of food shoot to eat with. WHEW.

Hey Lap Dancer - you need to update your photos. I know, I don't really see the difference on myself, but when people haven't seen us for a while they are amazed, even if the pounds don't say it, the shape of our bodies is a'changin'.

Bless restiction!

ShellbiCallie,

I saw your post saying that you were going to stay at the Holiday Inn and I wanted to tell you where I stayed last week when I got my band done by Dr. K. I stayed at the Extended Stay in Aurora. It was very nice and had a full kitchen which was so nice after the surgery for cooling and heating liquids. It was $63 per night (medical rate) and just down the road from Dr. K's office and the place I had sugery. I would say that the facilities were just as nice as a Holiday Inn but more homely. Good luck with your surgery, everyone there was so nice. I was well taken care of.

ShellbiCallie,

I saw your post saying that you were going to stay at the Holiday Inn and I wanted to tell you where I stayed last week when I got my band done by Dr. K. I stayed at the Extended Stay in Aurora. It was very nice and had a full kitchen which was so nice after the surgery for cooling and heating liquids. It was $63 per night (medical rate) and just down the road from Dr. K's office and the place I had sugery. I would say that the facilities were just as nice as a Holiday Inn but more homely. Good luck with your surgery, everyone there was so nice. I was well taken care of.

Hey Biggest Loser ~ Thanks for the info and congratulations on your surgery last week! Good to hear that it went well for you and that you're doing good.

I'm scheduled for surgery at Crown Point Surgery Center in Parker and it sounds like you were at the Health South Surgery Center in Aurora. The Holiday Inn is right across the way from Crown Point, but if I were going to the other facilty I'd absolutely check out the Extended Stay -- that is a great rate! I'm just too chicken (since I've never driven in Denver) and want to stay as close to the hospital as possible. I'm thinking that the Surgery Center where I'll be at is about 10 miles away from Dr. K's current office and Health South. But actually I may have dreamed that all up in my mind, because I'm pretty clueless. Thank goodness I'm bringing my very calm, pratical friend with me. Otherwise, I'd be lost.

I saw in your previous post that you have PCOS -- me, too! Ain't it grand!!? (NOT) I give full credit to my PCOS for blessing me with a body that's not an apple or pear shape, but exactly like the letter "D". :) Along with adult acne from hell. It's the gift that keeps on giving. (insert smilie with acne here ha!)

How are you feeling with the post-op diet, pain, etc. etc......?

ShelbiCallie,

I am doing good. I am still resting quiet a bit. I have been getting a little fever in the afternoon and had been taking some liquid motrin which didn't seem to help at all so today I broke down and crushed up a couple tylenols and gagged them down and now I am feeling much better. I have only taken the prescription pain medicine twice - the first two nights after sugery- just so I could sleep better but really the pain has been managable. I had quiet a bit of pain in my shoulders up until yesterday which they said was the CO2 gas escaping from surguery or something like that. :) Glad that has subsided. The fantastic news is I have been losing weight on a daily basis since surgery and I couldn't be happier! Eatting has been a trip! I can eat like a 1/4 cup of something and feel like I just ate the Thanksgiving feast. I love it.

PCOS really sucks and I am banking all my hopes that this lap-band and weight loss will send most of the symptoms packing. My husband and I really want children and this was cheaper and probably a better chance for us to have a baby than getting en vitro.

Denver isn't so bad to drive in. Everything was within a couple miles. We never even had to hit the freeway once we got settled and if you love to shop there are lots of cool stores there!!

biggest Loser - you might try liquid tylenol. I was surprised that it didn't gag me. Best wishes, I agree Denver isn't that hard to figure out.

Best wishes Shelbi!

Michelle

Good morning, All!

Well, my little brother and ex-step-niece (long story there...) have left and it's time to really get back to the process of weight loss. We have had so much fun and have done as much as we could in the days they were here. Did you ever realize how much the fun stuff involves food? We did the Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs twice, Flying W Ranch, Fargos, and The Renaissance Festival. Hit Patsy's candies, a bbq, my famous homemade chicken burritos, mexican food out once, a large pot roast with potatoes dinner, the Cracker Barrel, Cold Stone Creamery...Goodness! Somehow I only went up 1lb. I can't even imagine how much I would have gained without this band! (sorry if I made anyone hungery!:D) Maybe walking 400 miles durning it all helped to keep that down?

Welcome to all the newbies! Get ready for the adventure of your life! It is so neat learning your band and losing weight! I hadn't seen my brother since I had the band and he was very impressed with the loss and said I look so different. It's neat to have someone notice.

Okay, I'm looking into some gyms and workout places. (Those of you who know my opinion of exercising, don't faint!) I think due to location I am going to choose Slim-N-Tone. I used to go to Curves in Phx, and they have a few up here, but the closest one to my house is not close and involves some streets that really suck in the snow. Any input from anyone? (positive or negative) Thanks!

DynamoMini~Hope your ladies are doing well! :biggrin1: Did we say we were getting together Thursday the 9th? I'm so ready to get with my gals!

Mal~Where are you? You must be keeping busy! Hows your son? Hows that little puppy of yours? Keeping you busy with the "accidents"? Being cute and little is what keeps them alive during the housebreaking period. Haha!

Shesha~congrats on the surgery and the good restriction! That's pretty neat that you didn't have to be put out completely. That makes recovery 100% easier.

Drewslou~How's the knee doing now that your back in action? Are you going to try and meet with us this month? :grouphug:

Lap Dancer~ Hows the fill going? Is your scale moving for you? How's the new son-in-law thing going?

Have a great day everyone! :scales::):):)

Doing fantastic this week! No pain and my energy level is doing great! I started really excersizing this week...lots of walks with the kids and I'll be hitting the gym soon...gotta work out a schedule with my husband. The pain is gone and I'm actually zipping my pants all the way up! Woohoo!

I'm having trouble making good food choices. I don't think I'm eating too much (even though I easily could right now), but I'm definitely not making low-carb choices as often as I should...I haven't lost any weight since surgery...actually went up and down a few pounds. I'm hoping my fill on the 16th will at least restrict me somewhat. I'm trying to drink more throughout the day - that keeps me from eating because I'm trying to get to the "no liquid whilst eating" frame of mind. I'm doing better today though...I would just like to stop seeing 250 on the scale!

Aloha all!!

Just thought I would stop in and let you all know that I am alive. Michelle and Anita, thanks again for the PM, very thoughtful. I was happy to hear from ya!

My band is treating me well, I am ready for another fill (number 2), that will be Aug 17th. I could really use it now, but patience is golden...so I hear.

The puppy is wonderful. He has adjusted very well and so have we.

Woofay~GOOD FOR YOU, joining a gym!!! That's wonderful. I have been a member at my gym for about a year or so and I never went. I started to go again and I was sooo excited, I looked foward to it and missed it when I didn't go. I would just grab a Water (with crystal light to go) and strap on my ipod and I was good. After my Buddy was put down I probably went two times after that and now I am back to sitting on my butt. The only excercise I have been getting is walking Buster (he is a a Basset hound, so that tells ya' about how much walking I do). My plan is to start again on Monday...which Monday???? well...

I hope all is well with everyone!

Hey Kirshenbaum peeps!

Just wanted to check in with since I have been MIA lately. I have been super busy with derby and it has gotten even busier since I am not back skating! The knee is doing great... my endurance sucks, but I guess that will come, right?

Aug 9th won't work for me. I practice on Thursday nights. Tuesdays generally work better, just not the 1st Tuesday of the month.

Have a drink for me though!

Anyone coming to the bout on the 24th? PM me if you want more info!

I can't believe it is only 2 weeks til banding. I went out and bought two of the pretty flared skirts in size 10 to be my motivation. Can't remember when I ever saw a size 10 on me, but I am determined to no longer be a size 20.

Question??? What is involved in the pre-op appointment?

Mal, I am so glad you got another dog. I am an extreme dog person, meaning everything I do is dog related. Can't wait til I get some weight off so I can do agility. Now if only coordination comes with weight loss.

Woofray, wish you were up here in Denver. Two of us go to South Suburban Rec Center and do Water aerobics. Good workout, but not so hard on knees and ankles. It is so funny to be in the water sweating.

Thanks all of you for sharing, it helps me from being quite so scared of failing again.

Marilyn

:update: :update: :update:

I want to invite you all to Red Robin at 7 pm on Thursday, August 9th. We sit and talk. We eat (healthily mostly) and sometimes drink. It is our support group away from hospitals and clinics. Come join us. We are informal and fun. :hungry:The Red Robin is located on the west side of I25 and Arapahoe Road. We tried for an easy location that is midway between northern Denver and the Springs. Let us know if you are coming.

Mal, Woofay and Dynamo have there twice.

Marcy (Alaska) and Lap Dancer (Florida) were there each once. Dear Sunnysea (is it Wisconsin?) sent some very appreciated drinks our way on our first night. It is so cool to meet the fabulous people who we converse with online.

So come one and all - See you August 9th!

That done -

I seem to have lost my focus and I hope when we get together I can remember why I did this. I am at the three month mark, which is where on every other diet I fail. I am not failing, just floundering. Help? I am exercising, eating around 1200 - 1400 cal/day altho' some aren't the greatest choices - so it isn't bad, but it is my head :) that is struggling. :violin: Any quick head fix ideas? :hurt

Hugs and best wishes,:lol:

Michelle

Hey Friends!

Hope everyone is great on this rainy Thursday in Florida.

Drewslou I just checked out your Myspace. Sweet page and congrats on that loss! I would love to see you with your game on and hope that can happen some day.

Anita I'm glad you got to see your brother and your ex-niece?? Cracker Barrel...Oh mommy, I love that place. Went there this past weekend and had a whopping, side order of chicken dumplings. YES, BIG downsize from what I would have ordered a year ago and I couldn't agree more with having the band and it putting a hault to portion overload.

Michelle, your smile is infectious and every time I see your pic I think of the lovely time I had, too short, in Colorado at Red Robin.

I too am floundering. I'm putting bits in my mouth...french fries were the item yesterday and that was all I could manage at dinner. French fries. Half to me half to the dog. ** I've got some HEAD stuff going on now and it's really a challenge** My daughter off and married is hitting home now because she is not hear and is not calling me...hey, she's busy with her home and husband.

She called and her husband who is in the Army failed one of his exams and has been kicked out of his training. He was aiming for explosive ordinance and there is no room for mistakes. He is appealing it but it looks like they are moving to a new base and who knows where that will be. They will know more next week but she's pretty confident that's what will happen.

I'm in a funk.

So how is everyone else doing?