Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Machale, Just wanted to let you know that popping in a piece of SF mint gum right after downing that wicked tasting pain medicine really helped me. Congratulations on being Banded,:welldoneclap: Sunnysea

Thanks all for the well-wishes and support!

Mark-- I was Dr. K's 164th lap-band patient!

Sunnysea-- I was hoping not to have to use that "yucky" stuff again! I bought some "Tylenol Go Tabs" that I am going to start using.

DrewsLou--Don't get me wrong...the food was EXCELLENT! It was also a great place to go for my "Last supper"! I think it would be a great place for special occassions!

I wanted to ask.... I am not feeling any restriction at all! I can drink my cup of chicken broth in 1 sitting, usually takes me about 5-7 minutes. I have been heating it up in the microwave to almost boiling, so I take longer to drink it. But at the airport yesterday, I had 3 spoonfuls of my husband's frozen yougert. 1 of the spoonfuls was a bit bigger then it should have been, and I stuck in my mouth anyway. No problem, slid right on down... Did anyone else experience this???

Even 2 days out, I would whole heartily say this was the best decision for me!

Shesha, I just wanted to know how you were doing with your 1st fill? I had one scheduled for the Tues. after Easter so that I could go to the support group meeting but I changed it to the week before instead. I know that it is only a week sooner but I have no restriction and it is going to be a long couple of weeks!:decision: Sunnysea

Machale, I was able to down liquids easily right away, I stuck to the clear fluids for like the 1st 4 days. But when I started the creamy Soups, etc..., I would feel full pretty easy, it was Great:) That feeling is now pretty much gone, my band has matured (swelling has gone down) I'm ready for a fill, well in a couple of weeks. Sunnysea

Machele -

You are doing sooooo well. I am jealous, I have less than a month to wait now. Best wishes for a slimming recovery.

Mark-- I was Dr. K's 164th lap-band patient!

That is amazing. I was number 80 or something like that. I guess he's doing about two a day.

sunnysea great blue lips.

Hi All!

Well, I am thinking my fill must be just right.

It's weird, because I haven't REALLY been hungry since I was filled. It's only been when I find myself slightly hungry, or "according to the clock it's lunch time", that I've been eating. I really have to get it in my head to only eat when I physically need it, and I am sure that will happen.

This is what I ate today.

Breakfast - Nothing, I wasn't really hungry. I did take two bites of a Shamrock Sugar Cookie (yes, I know - but I didn't have any green beer, so I celebrated with a cookie) and could fell it against the band. I have found out that I am pretty tight in the morning.

Lunch - Around 11:00 hubby and I went to Subway. I had the child size ham sub (3") with Tomato and spinich. I was able to eat the whole thing in about 35 minutes. I also had a few Baked Lays potato chips.

Snack - Kashi Protein bar. I ate that over the course of about 1 hour.

dinner - (this is where the chicken comes in)

Hubby and I went to the grocery store and got an 8 piece broasted chicken dinner from the deli. I cut up about a thumb size piece of chicken breast into small pieces and ate it at, what I thought, was a slow pace. WELL... long story short, I got a terrible golf ball pain in my chest, gas like pain in my upper back, and then I PB'd!!! OH MY! I then spent about 5 minutes spitting slime into the toilet. YUCK!!!!

After about an hour, I then made myself two scrambled eggs and had no problem eating them. For dessert, I treated myself to a little bowl of strawberry ice cream.

(Normally, I don't eat this many "treats" but I had the stomach flu for a few days, so I figure I am ok calorie wise. I DO NOT want to get into a habit of eating "treats" all the time!)

So, so far so good. I am really going to have to learn how to listen to my body to determine when I should be eating. I also need to SLOW down and CHEW more!

Shesha, I just wanted to know how you were doing with your 1st fill? I had one scheduled for the Tues. after Easter so that I could go to the support group meeting but I changed it to the week before instead. I know that it is only a week sooner but I have no restriction and it is going to be a long couple of weeks!:decision: Sunnysea

Hi Gang!! Wow....its so great to see so many people here going to see Dr. K! Sounds like he is one busy man these days!!

SHESHA....I'm just like you! I am definitely tighter in the AM...and have realized I need to watch my 'treats' as well...although I have to say I've actually managed to keep girl scout Cookies in my house longer than a week b/c I"m not snarfing them down like the 'good ol days'! lol

MARK....glad to see you're doing well!! Does your band still feel tight? I think I'm at my sweet spot and hopefully it will stay like this until May, when I want to go back out to CO for my sisters b.day.

DREWSLOU....Look at what you started girl!!! :welldoneclap: This list is growing b/c of YOU! Thanks again for such a wonderful recommendation!!

Marjon9 and Lap dancer, You can at (freeglitters.com) LOL! Can you tell I like vacations and bling:D It's sad I spent hours goofing around with the glitters last night, i'm just figuring out how to do it. Up until now I was only good at shopping online! my husband is thrilled, do all the glitter you want hon:) Also,can you tell I haven't been able to seperate my paragraphs! still working on that. Question to anyone that has had a fill, does Dr. K have us go on liquids for a few days after a fill? Sunnysea

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I leave tomorrow for colorado and I have felt really nervous since I woke up today. I know every thing will be o.k. when I read all the good things you all have to say about Dr.K.

Just wanted to ask how many of you took his advice about the suppository ( not sure if thats the correct spelling) Not sure what to do about that?:omg:

Was the office hard to find, my appointment is at 3:30 and the plane gets in about 12:30 I don't want to be late.

Sunnysea......Dr. K tells you to take it easy after a fill, but really it is up to you what you feel like you can handle. I try to do liquids/mushies for 24 hrs...just in case, but have eaten dinner after my first fill w/no problems.

CHULA...good luck!!! I did NOT use the suppositories (YUCK!)...I only got them as an absolute last resort emergency thing! Thank Goodness I didn't need them!! The office is pretty easy to find! Just 2 turns off the hgwy!

Take care and let us know how it goes!!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I leave tomorrow for colorado and I have felt really nervous since I woke up today. I know every thing will be o.k. when I read all the good things you all have to say about Dr.K.

Just wanted to ask how many of you took his advice about the suppository ( not sure if thats the correct spelling) Not sure what to do about that?:omg:

Was the office hard to find, my appointment is at 3:30 and the plane gets in about 12:30 I don't want to be late.

Ummm.. No. I did not use the suppository.

Drewslou, What is the weather like out there, I am going to start packing and don't have any Idea what to bring?????