Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Drewslou, What is the weather like out there, I am going to start packing and don't have any Idea what to bring?????

60ish today. Supposed to be 70 tomorrow and windy. They said this morning that we would have rain mixed with snow late Thursday into Friday.

How long are you going to be here??

BTW... getting from the airport to Dr K's office is a breeze. PM me if you need directions!

April 17th !!!

Dr. K

Friday the 13th of April... Can't wait!

How cool! The 13th. I'd give him a black cat toy for good luck.

LOL!! I love Friday the 13's... plus.. as silly as it sounds. but being from the south and growing up by it I just had to check the Old Farmers Almanac. The 13th is a great day for a tummy area surgery plus it is listed under the "best times to" table stated for starting a plan to promote weight loss! I know.. I know.. silly superstitions but it has never lead my family wrong and being ol' farmers ..

But I think that I do have a little trick-r-treat kitty w/ hat that would be fun to give Dr.K! Thanks for a cute idea!

You will be having your surgery in Parker? I did not realize he did procedures there as well.. he sure does get around!

You will be having your surgery in Parker? I did not realize he did procedures there as well.. he sure does get around!

Tater bug- When I was there last week, Dr. K said they were going to start doing surgeries in Parker because of the new hopital. He told me that his first surgery in Parker is scheduled on the 21st. We stayed at one of the suite hotels close to that hospital. We got a "medical rate" which was discounted a lot for a suite... only $89 a night! Their regular rates are $40 more then that!

Hey Machele.. that's awesome that the hotel gave you a medical rate! its always good to save where you can! Wishing you fast healing

My mirror broke in my suitcase from the airlines on the way there!:omg: The day after surgery I was telling Dr. K that I wasn't supersticous sp? and he said good thing I didn't mention it before surgery:confused:

Misty and Lap Dancer - Welcome to the April Bansters. Misty is having surgery on Friday, mine is Monday and Lap Dancer's is Tuesday. That is great news. I haven't heard about a suppository. I don't really want to have one if I don't need it. I do want to start focusing on a preop type program when I get back from Mexico (3/22 - 3/31).

I plan to start PreOp on April 4th. I have Passover on the 2nd and everyone is coming to my house. Surgery is getting lots closer now, I am scared and excited.

Hugs to all,

Mirrors are a little different I think more folks are superstitious about them... plus they're a pain to clean up after one breaks - hopefully yours was in a sealed thing... umm.. a "compac" sorry.. could not think what it was called.

Looks like the April Bansters are growing in numbers! Enjoy your trip to Mexico Dynamo..

Dynamo Mini, Where in Mexico are you going? I love Mexico so much, this is the 1st year in 12 or13 that I didn't get to go. I guess I should count my blessings that I was able to go in the past, I had my husband convinced this was the only way I could make it through the long winter. Well this year everything came to a screaming halt with money, so I'm happy and lucky I was able to get banded. Sunnysea

How wonderful to be able to go to Mexico so often. I have only been once when it was a stop on a cruise and I enjoyed it much. Just wish that we could have stayed longer. So you're self pay as well?

How wonderful to be able to go to Mexico so often. I have only been once when it was a stop on a cruise and I enjoyed it much. Just wish that we could have stayed longer. So you're self pay as well?

Yes that is what brought me to Dr. K and i'm glad it did! Here in Wisconsin they charge $17,700, I was scheduled to have surgery on Jan. 18th but could not come up with the whole amount so I had to cancel. Thanks to this forum, DrewsLou, and Shesha I wouldn't have known about Dr. K. I really didn't think that I would travel to CO for surgery, but I did and am very happy. My surgeon here in WI. won't take me for followup until a year postop, well that does me no good so i'm happy I didn't pay him to do my surgery, I did loose out about $300 for my 1st visit with him, oh well it all ended good. Good luck, Sunnysea

It's pretty great to see all these other people going to Dr. K. My first consultation with him is Friday...getting a little anxious just about the consultation. Don't know how I'll ever make the countdown to the actual procedure. Speedy recovery to all of you. Is Dr. K. the only doctor to treat this as outpatient? Parker is a little closer to me than Aurora as I am in The Springs. I'll probably be posting a bit more. It seems to help with the anxiety :paranoid