Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm newly sleeved and at just 11 days out' date=' I'm still in the, "OMG, WHAT DID I JUST DO????" phase. It's not a regret, but the permanence of this is really sinking in...The bulk of my stomach is rotting somewhere in a bio-dump and there is no going back now! I didn't think I'd feel this way because I researched for a long time and even scheduled my surgery for four months out so I had lots of time to prepare mentally and physically.. but still, it's different once you are through it. Am I happy I had it done? ABSOLUTELY!!!! But I also still feel a little bit freaked out too![/quote']

I agree with this, I don't regret it but am still coming to terms with it.

I was sleeved March 6...started the process last June' date=' read, researched, did not change my diet except lost 16 lbs with WW, didn't try any shakes...and I have done well with everything except I cannot do the shakes! However, I regret it.I do not recommend it!!! I didn't anticipate feeling this way, but I do.

food was a big part of my life when I was skinny at various times in my life, and an even bigger part at my heaviest times. My friends, my family, my neighbors, my coworkers - I have spent little to no time with them due to this because everything I've been asked to do revolves around food. World is not going to change because I can't eat - I've just put myself into even more isolation with this stupid surgery! I'm not ordering broth at a restaurant! I live alone & now I'm alone even more! I am so ashamed of having it - I've told no one about it. I will take it to my grave! So, I pray to feel differently once I can eat something normal...but as of today, I regret it. I think this may be the worst mistake I've ever made![/quote']

Don't be so dramatic! Your only a few weeks out, when I was a few weeks out I was in the shower crying every day..... Ok you can be dramatic.... But at 5 months now it's all changed and I'm happy and I'm normal. It's like having a regular stomach just smaller. I eat regular food I got used to everything and you can too! I've lost 103 lbs since oct and damn it I look good and so will you!!! And if not we both can cry in the shower wearing bathing suits.

Don't be so dramatic! Your only a few weeks out' date=' when I was a few weeks out I was in the shower crying every day..... Ok you can be dramatic.... But at 5 months now it's all changed and I'm happy and I'm normal. It's like having a regular stomach just smaller. I eat regular food I got used to everything and you can too! I've lost 103 lbs since oct and damn it I look good and so will you!!! And if not we both can cry in the shower wearing bathing suits.[/quote']

I enjoy hearing this. I didn't want food to define my life and I don't want WLS to define it either. Hearing that people feel normal is music to my ears.

amymorrison29 on MyFitnessPal!

I enjoy hearing this. I didn't want food to define my life and I don't want WLS to define it either. Hearing that people feel normal is music to my ears.

amymorrison29 on MyFitnessPal!

Trust me you will feel normal! It will happen! I was a wreck. Now I'm happy healthy and I never thought I'd feel like that the first few months after the operation.

Hi everyone' date=' I'm 6 days out n I can't lie the 2nd day I was like OMG! What have I done? N yesterday was a very tough day for me. I cried alot n so did my hubby because he didnt want to eat without me. They had chinese food n it was so hard to accept that I couldnt eat it. This liquid phase is no joke. I'm tired of Soup n Jello but hey this is what I signed up for. N I know soon I will start feeling n looking better. Good Luck! :)[/quote']

I wanted to die this morning as my husband was making fresh eggs, sausage, wheat toast and juice. My kids huddled at the table eating their favorite Breakfast foods and here I am, in my bed, 4 days post op wondering what the heck!?!?

Not to mention there is a small gremlin doing flips in my stomach.

I had to bust into tears. I needed to cry and let it out. I'm tired of Jello. Beyond! chicken broth makes me ill and if I don't start seeing the scale go down I'm going to be so upset.

When does your body start to feel normal? I carried on about my day normally today, went to church, went shopping, managed my day but I just feel slightly crappy. I'm listless, tired and confused. I need this to go away....

I wanted to die this morning as my husband was making fresh eggs' date=' sausage, wheat toast and juice. My kids huddled at the table eating their favorite Breakfast foods and here I am, in my bed, 4 days post op wondering what the heck!?!?

Not to mention there is a small gremlin doing flips in my stomach.

I had to bust into tears. I needed to cry and let it out. I'm tired of Jello. Beyond! chicken broth makes me ill and if I don't start seeing the scale go down I'm going to be so upset.

When does your body start to feel normal? I carried on about my day normally today, went to church, went shopping, managed my day but I just feel slightly crappy. I'm listless, tired and confused. I need this to go away....

[/quote']

What you should of done is handle it like a mature adult which means you should of grabbed the plate full of food and throw it against the wall and tell them if they wanna eat then they better be locked in their rooms with fans blowing the smell out the house. I mean that's what I would of done. Lol actually felt like that a lot. I lived in my room when they ate. It was torture!

I'm one month out, and I regret it. This has been the hardest month of my life. But I was determined to get this surgery and nothing anyone could say would've made a difference to me. If I could've experienced this month first hand, then I wouldn't have gone through with it.

Just know it's not easy and keep your eye on the prize. Be really clear on what you want in the future. Don't let yourself look back.

I got a blood clot in my hepatic vein post surgery. It was so painful I felt like I was dying. I was on Clear liquids for 4 weeks, and in and out I the hospital during that time. I could have whined, but I chose to walk instead. I walked all over the hospital. Determined to drop pounds. Focus on what's important. Get a grip. Take a walk and Celebrate that you will be able to be with your kids longer. Suck it up. liquids is only for a little while. Don't let your life revolve around food anymore. You are in control. You! Not the food!

Stomach gremlins are only for a little while from the liquid diet. They will go away and then you will pray to have those back because you can't poop. Haha. Or at least I pray for the gremlins sometimes.

I'm almost three months out, and I wouldn't necessarily say I regret it. I have lost nearly 40 pounds since Jan 9, so who could regret that?? :) however, I researched my butt off on this surgery before I went forward with it. I heard over and over "the sleeve is just a tool." I didn't pay much attention to this at the time. Now I realize it is 100% true. I am one of the ones who did not lose my hunger after surgery. My surgeon did NOT tell me this would be a possibility, so I thought it would be smooth sailing and the sleeve would do all the work. Wrong. I am hungry and can eat bad things if I want to, and when you are always hungry, it's easy to do that. It's an everyday battle to make the right choices. So, no regrets, but I wish I had really grasped the concept that this is only a tool and you're the one who makes it work or you're the one who makes it fail. Good luck!

I'm newly sleeved and at just 11 days out' date=' I'm still in the, "OMG, WHAT DID I JUST DO????" phase. It's not a regret, but the permanence of this is really sinking in...The bulk of my stomach is rotting somewhere in a bio-dump and there is no going back now! I didn't think I'd feel this way because I researched for a long time and even scheduled my surgery for four months out so I had lots of time to prepare mentally and physically.. but still, it's different once you are through it. Am I happy I had it done? ABSOLUTELY!!!! But I also still feel a little bit freaked out too![/quote']

I felt the exact same way!!!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

I'm almost three months out, and I wouldn't necessarily say I regret it. I have lost nearly 40 pounds since Jan 9, so who could regret that?? :) however, I researched my butt off on this surgery before I went forward with it. I heard over and over "the sleeve is just a tool." I didn't pay much attention to this at the time. Now I realize it is 100% true. I am one of the ones who did not lose my hunger after surgery. My surgeon did NOT tell me this would be a possibility, so I thought it would be smooth sailing and the sleeve would do all the work. Wrong. I am hungry and can eat bad things if I want to, and when you are always hungry, it's easy to do that. It's an everyday battle to make the right choices. So, no regrets, but I wish I had really grasped the concept that this is only a tool and you're the one who makes it work or you're the one who makes it fail. Good luck!

well said!

You are right. It's not a magic bullet. You still have to do the work and change your habits. I was just telling hub last night' date=' I could still eat like crap and not lose weight. I have to be responsible for making good choices about the things I eat. The sleeve does two things, helps you not take in so much food in general and protects you when you do eat something bad from not eating so much of it.

John I have heard lots of people stall between 3 & 4 months. Including me. A calorie bump up for a few days usually helps.

As far as people looking at you different, I think it's great! People are looking and are jealous of how hot you are looking! And holidays? They aren't really about the food. They are about family and other religious things. We as fat people just made them about the food. Now I focus on the real reason for the holiday. My life doesn't revolve around food. My preop diet started on Thanksgiving 2012. I have enjoyed every holiday since then, but that was my first difficult dose of my new reality.[/quote']

Of course there's still work involved. If you remember it's just a tool to use to help you. And how much weight you lose is up to you. When you hit a stall reevaluate what your doing. You have to shake it up a bit. I'm 4 1/2 months out and have no regrets. I still have 60 lbs to lose and the 6 month mark doesn't scare me.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......thanx for this post ... I thought i was crazy... i am post op 6 days ....i believe 3 days ago I said the same thing .... what have i done????? thank god its a normal thing.... BUT I HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just glad surgery is over ,,i was scared about that so much. everyday is a little better and i am just focusing on my new tummy and trying to make friends with it . my concern isnt aboout my weight right now . sure if i lose a few pounds great but its too soon and my body is probably in shock and it likes its fat ...lol..doesnt wanna give it up so fast....knowing that i will eat again and i believe it will be whatever i want or can keep down ,,,just in little amts and i feel ok with that...sleeping sucks for now . i am a side and tummy sleeper so i am tired and dont leep well ,but i didnt preop either ...

YOU WILL BE FINE AND IF U DIDNT HAVE THESE THOUGHTS ,,YOU WOULDNT BE NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all. I was recently sleeved on March 21 and I have some issues to discuss. I'm not saying I regret this thing yet.....yet. I just started on Protein Shakes today and they're not the worst thing I've put in my mouth. My problem lies with me feeling so nonchalant about the sleeve. I researched this for well over a year, talked to people who've had it, etc but the permanentness of it has me down. I'm not really craving food but I'd like to try some. I've lost 16 lbs total and right now couldn't care less. I'm a 37 y/o man and have never been depressed but this has got me down now. Also I have diarrhea to boot!!! Lol!! I guess I'm just scared I'll regret this thing later on.

I regret it big time. I know several who do, all are survivors of complications we were told we were not at risk for :) You know...those only happen to the really high BMI people, you're gonna breeze through this...blah blah blah.

So six months later I wear smaller jeans. Nice, but I could have done it differently if I really made an effort. This seemed easy..and it nearly killed me. As it stands I am likely to have long term issues because the scar tissue has made my small stomach even smaller. I can't advance over 1/2 cup meals at all so I can't get up to a proper nutritional level. This means I'll have to supplement my calories for the rest of my life if I don't want to lose weight forever. I'm still in the weight loss phase but my doctors are very concerned about my future.

I think this surgery is an option to consider under extreme circumstances. But it's not a good option for many who choose it, either because it's too easy and they never deal with their psychological issues, or it causes too much weight loss, or the complications are too high a risk...it's not for everyone and I wish I hadn't been such an idiot and thought it was a good option for me. As I come closer and closer to the maintenance phase I regret it more and more. Feeding tubes have been discussed as an option....I didn't do this so that I could go to bed every night with a pump feeding me vile liquids....sigh, not what you wanted to read, but this is reality for many people who have this surgery.