Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hurt my husband's feelings

I might get flak for this...but pretty sure a BJ will solve the problem!!!

Nope, I'm pretty sure this will take at least 2, maybe even 3.

Ha ha ha ha. My hubby's thing is reesies cups as well. Thank God I HATE chocolate so that will not be a problem after surgery' date=' but the fast food is going to be the death of me :( Pretty sure the kids are going to learn to forget what McDonald's is. He he.[/quote']

O same here lmao kids have slowly stopped asking for it :) only took 6 months lmao

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Meh, thats just one of those unfortunate things that happens in relationships. Are you evil? No. From his point of view is that insensitive to the fact that for the rest of the family life goes on and they have to eat? Probably.

Just apologize and explain the context, it will blow over.

Hmm... I don't mean to be devil's advocate here but, in your husbands defense you did say it was ok. And this is your journey not his. It's one thing to be supportive, but at the same time the reality of the situation is food is our problem and we are the ones that decided to do something about it. I feel it is a tad bit unreasonable to expect your family not to continue what seems like their normal routine.

I've came to terms with the fact that my husband is responsible for his own health, and while I hope I can positively influence his food choices, ultimately they are his choices. All you can do is try to focus on what your eating and your recovery. I know it's hard to not be frustrated this early in the game as hormones and food withdrawal are usually at their prime. Best of luck to you.

Nope' date=' I'm pretty sure this will take at least 2, maybe even 3.[/quote']

Bj's out of the question. I called the nurse. I have thrush!!! Great!!

Ugh, I've had thrush once. Don't wanna go there again. Take care of yourself, roriep.

You guys are too kind... I would tell him next time don't eavesdrop!

Hmm... I don't mean to be devil's advocate here but' date=' in your husbands defense you did say it was ok. And this is your journey not his. It's one thing to be supportive, but at the same time the reality of the situation is food is our problem and we are the ones that decided to do something about it. I feel it is a tad bit unreasonable to expect your family not to continue what seems like their normal routine.

I've came to terms with the fact that my husband is responsible for his own health, and while I hope I can positively influence his food choices, ultimately they are his choices. All you can do is try to focus on what your eating and your recovery. I know it's hard to not be frustrated this early in the game as hormones and food withdrawal are usually at their prime. Best of luck to you.[/quote']

This is exactly what my hubby said. He will support me till he's blue in the face, but he still wants me to continue cooking the not so healthy "yummy foods" that I make now. I don't mind, with me eating only half of a cup of food or less, it will be easy to prepare.

I agree w 920amy and also mahere lol

I can totally relate to this. Although my husband never told me that I hurt his feelings, I am pretty sure I did that first month or so after surgery.

I dont care how "prepared" for surgery you are, those first few weeks are rough. I remember crying when my husband was going out for sushi when i was still on liquids. Rational? Nope. But I am pretty sure at that stage of the game, temporary insanity had taken hold of my emotions! lol

I asked my family nicely that if they were going to be eating stuff like that, i dont even want to know about it, and not to eat it in front of me. Their journey or not, its just rude. I wouldnt do it to someone who just had surgery. Head hunger is a B.

No you aren't evil! I'm scheduled to be sleeved on Monday and since starting my two week pre-op diet my husband and our son have eaten Sonic, Taco Bell, Wendy's and McDonalds in front of me. it is hard for me to watch and smell but for every time I can stick to my diet then that is a battle won for me. Sometimes I need some help. The other night my husband left his cheese tots sitting in front of me. He hadn't finished them all and wasn't even thinking about leaving them for me to look at, to crave. When I asked him if he was finished with them and he said yes, I asked him if we could throw them away then because they were really tempting me and I was trying to not give in. He apologized and said that he wasn't even thinking about it. The next morning, he made Breakfast for our son who decided that he did not like what his daddy fixed. Instead of leaving it on the table for me to look at he took it in the kitchen until our son decided he was hungry enough to eat it. I asked him why he took it away, thinking that if it were there our son may have been more likely to eat, he told me that he didn't want to leave it sitting in front of me to tempt me. My point is that my husband hadn't even thought about it. He didn't get mad like yours did but that is something he would do. I'm guessing that your husband isn't mad at you, he's mad at himself for not thinking more of you. He may be mad because you said it was okay and he should have known that it really wasn't but men cant read our minds! lol! I'll bet he will get over this. He has to get used to your new lifestyle just like you do. I know that I'll be facing the same battle with my family. My husband knows not to offer but my sweet son likes to share with his mommy and it is super tough to turn him down.

I hope your mouth gets better! and I hope your husband gets over it soon too!

Ugh' date=' I've had thrush once. Don't wanna go there again. Take care of yourself, roriep.[/quote']

Thanks. I have my follow up today. I'll make sure the doctor gives me what I need.

My parents drove me home from hospital and stopped at Burger King on the way home. It really didn't bother me I had no desire to eat. I'm 3 weeks out and I've cooked several meals and even a fresh strawberry cake for him. I figure I have to learn to live this way and no one else should suffer for decisions I've made.

I might get flak for this...but pretty sure a BJ will solve the problem!!!

BJ solves everything

Oh goodness.

First off, I am married. I have hurt my husbands feelings and he has hurt mine, at some point in our marriage. It will happen again, but it is definitely not with intent.

I have asked him to leave me alone for a little while, but to flat out "not talking to you" anymore mentality? I would have to pull his pants down and whoop his ass like the child he is behaving like.

You did say those words. You did tell him it was ok. If his feelings are hurt because you said it was ok and then said something snarky (even if he took it out of context), apologize and move on.

And if he doesn't want to open his mouth and talk, he sure as hell doesn't need to open his mouth and eat food that I cook.

Lmao. This is all said with southern hospitality, of course. :)