Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS - I have updated the master list. I've emailed the thread starter Angy12314 and asked her to edit her very first post. But, I've also edited my first post as well. If you look on the very first page, under my name, you will find the latest January bandster members. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

Oh, this is going to be a fun year, I just know it is! We are going to have so much fun!

Last night, I had a mushy version of some Soup my mom made. I had a 1/4 cup and hung around a little while. I then forgot I had to take some medication that I have to crush up and it tastes HORRIBLE! I thought I would mix it with some hummus to help it down. I ate it, I felt okay.

I went upstairs to bed, and I had this horrible discomfort right below my diaphragm, and it wouldn't go away! It felt like gas pains all over again!

Now I'm so scared that I'm going to stretch out my stomach or revert back to my old eating ways, but after that episode today I have been really careful and watching how I feel after I eat. I'm also going to start writing what I ate today on here so that I can keep track I hope no one minds, maybe it'll give you guys some ideas on what to eat when you're going through the stages.

Breakfast--1 scrambled egg w/ mustard

Snack--1/4 c. hummus

Lunch--1/4 c. Dannon Fit and Light Rasberry White chocolate Yogurt

Snack--1/4 c. Protein Drink

Dinner--1/4 c. Mushroom Bisque

Here's a list of January Bandsters. Let us know if we've missed anybody!

Txpeaches - 1/02/07

1721Summ - 1/02/07

Jenslapband - 1/02/07

Irishamerican - 1/02/07

Angyl2314 (Jen) - 1/03/07

Kellie Reachell (Kellie) - 1/03/07

Skmsu (Susan) - 1/03/07

Cricket - 1/04/07

Babygotback (Audree) 1/05/07

Fiyagirl (Sherry) - 1/05/07

Tinabartlett - 1/05/07

Susantunanoodle (Susan) - 1/08/07

Eldonh - 1/08/07

Honeylin - 1/08/07

Tulip - 1/8/07

Girlinnyc - 1/08/07

SeattleEbeth - 1/09/07

Moog24 (Michelle - 1/09/07

PinkyBandito - 1/09/07

Bhamguy31 - 1/09/07

Cdgmom (Amy) - 1/09/07

Travelbug - 1/09/07

Klo (Kathy) - 1/10/07

Wph74 (Whitney) - 1/10/07

Angelburch - 1/10/07

Mindful (Paige) - 1/10/07

Mikeomando -1/10/07

Roses733 (Rose) - 1/11/07

Loridee (Lori) - 1/11/07

Sheilamj1fan (Sheila) - 1/11/07

Justine717 - 1/11/07

Patp98465 - 1/11/07

Mommi-hammi (Lynn) - 1/12/07

Rms78645 - 1/12/07

Inner_me (Chris) - 1/12/07

Cjkerr (Carole) - 1/12/07

InTheBreeze13 - 1/12/07

Saraincincy (Sara) - 1/13/07

Lala - 1/15/07

Happylady - 1/15/07

Patsygrn - 1/15/07

Andrea1973 - 1/15/07

Sula - 1/15/07

Smilliegal - 1/15/07

Peacej - 1/15/07

Slate2633 1/15/07

Pinky12202 (Linda) - 1/16/07

Marjon9 - 1/16/07

Sula (Shawn) - 1/16/07

Reesh - 1/16/07

Soon2bthin.com - 1/16/07

Bandqueen - 1/16/07

Enterprise01 - 1/17/07

Revolution - 1/17/07

Prissever - 1/17/07

Sunshine2 (Tonya) - 1/18/07

Sunnysea - 1/18/07

5jacks - 1/18/07

Imsusie0929 - 1/18/07

Stephanee - 1/18/07

Shellyfromohio (shelly) - 1/18/07

Phlyinphebee (Rene') - 1/19/07

Nicknack34461 - 1/19/07

Shayne9927 (Shayne) - 1/19/07

Lap - 1/19/07

Deb-Texas - 1/19/07

Mammaw - 1/19/07

Cinward2001 (Cindy) - 1/19/06***

Jun0610 (Maria) - 1/22/07

Rsbell - 1/22/07

Purposedriven4 - 1/22/07

Ds5001ds - 1/22/07

Kilopitre - 1/23/07

Redstart - 1/24/07

Shesha - 1/25/07

Edieday (Edie) - 1/25/07

Huberslave - 1/25/07

Rockergirl - 1/25/07

Donnalynncrain - 1/25/06***

Shues138 (Andrea) - 1/26/07

Jeanettej505 - 1/26/07

Bandida - 1/26/07

Stacyrh - 1/29/07

Charlottesweb91 - 1/29/07

Trishd - 1/29/07

Sherilynn - 1/30/07

Texasbighair - 1/30/07

Gig8 (gigi) - 1/30/07

Cchristys - 1/30/07

Ladyleo868 (Christine) - 1/30/07

Kima - 1/30/07

Rsbg1 (Ted) - 1/31/07

TracyV - 1/31/07

Callieanna - 1/31/07

Sportsscribe - 1/31/07

Your247realtor - 1/31/07

1bunni4me - 1/31/07

Thatgirl - 1/31/07

Mfw1941 - 1/31/07

Lapbandhopeful - 2/02/07

ME me you missed ME! Jan 22 07:)

oops sorry - I've added you now. I will send another email.

ME me you missed ME! Jan 22 07:)

I sent another email to Angy to add you to the list, however, I've also updated my list, if you look under my name on the 1st page - you will find the latest list.

Sorry I missed you!

I'm also going to start writing what I ate today on here so that I can keep track I hope no one minds, maybe it'll give you guys some ideas on what to eat when you're going through the stages.

Breakfast--1 scrambled egg w/ mustard

Snack--1/4 c. hummus

Lunch--1/4 c. Dannon Fit and Light Rasberry White chocolate Yogurt

Snack--1/4 c. Protein Drink

Dinner--1/4 c. Mushroom Bisque

You can also create a journal in this forum. This will help you yourself and you can see your entire eating program in a flash and you can see where you can tweak it ect.

At the bottom of my signature is a link to my journal if you would like to view it.

But feel free to post your menus here too. I love hummus, I make it at home a lot.

Hey all you January Bandsters, I'm getting lonely on here today....lol.

LOL...hey Tonya! We're here. I don't know about the rest, but I don't have anything worth sharing.

Unless you want to hear about the intense pain I had the other day. It all worked out, though. Had to be gas, but it was pushing up near my long incision, the port incision. I was on my way to the hospital, when the surgeon on duty said that it was port pain. That the pain could sometimes be felt farther away from the port then you would expect. He said that sometimes the area can become irritated as the port settles in. I'm sure the gas pressure I had going didn't help any.

Other then that, I'm doing real good. I did wake up feeling down on Friday. Came from out of nowhere. I was in one of those, "I don't see any changes..." moods. What helped me is the fact that I measure every Friday. (I'm going to try and buy a scale tonight....not knowing is starting to drive me crazy...LOL)

Anyway, since I've started measuring, I've lost an average of 1 inch per area, per week, from top to bottom. Meaning, my waiste was a 47.5, now it's 44. It always drops from my face, chest, waiste area quickly. My stomach and hip area has come down at the same rate, too. But, I know it will taper off some, while my upper body will continue to drop.

This cheered me up ALOT! LOL Especially since, when I started measuring, I couldn't even get the 60 inch tape measure around my hips. As of Friday, I've got an inch wiggle room... :confused:

So, that's my cure for the blues....tape measure heaven. I always promote this, I'm going to continue to do so. Just because your scale isn't moving, doesn't mean your waiste line isn't. Keep a track of both. Your actual weight, and your measurements.

Hi all! I haven't posted in a while. My life has been busy-Anyway, I'm back now. I was banded 1/30/07 and am doing well. I still have not gotten on the scale, but will have to on Wednesday when I go to the nutritionist, and on Thursday when I go for my post-op appointment. I can't wait. On Sunday(yesterday) I went back to the gym. I did 30" on the eliptical machine. I went to the gym today too. It felt so good to exercise. I hope that everyone is well-Gigi

Chris - I totally agree with you about the tape measure. I measured before my surgery and I'm going to measure on the 18th to get my 1 month post op measurements.

I've also heard that as your port heals, that you sometimes get some sharp pains, these are the nerves healing. I had an ulnar nerve transition in both my arms and I remember about 6 months post op, i started having shooting pains and it was the nerves coming back alive.

Gigi8 - you got some major will power not weighing. If my family didn't hide the scales, I would be on it 5 to 6 times a day. I become obsessed with it.

Hey all!!! My kids are off from school today so I haven't had a chance to check in. Aunt Flo finally came!!! I had skipped mine due to surgery. I am having the worst cramps of my life!!!

Hey all!!! My kids are off from school today so I haven't had a chance to check in. Aunt Flo finally came!!! I had skipped mine due to surgery. I am having the worst cramps of my life!!!

HI! Lucky you...a day with the kids!!! Were getting ready for a snow storm tomorrow!!!! Aunt Flo at least waited to come visit you..She visited me on surgery day and stayed for almost two weeks...so port pain, gas, and cramps....:faint: I feel you sister!!!! Hot chamomile tea usually helps me...I hope they get better!!

HI! Lucky you...a day with the kids!!! Were getting ready for a snow storm tomorrow!!!! Aunt Flo at least waited to come visit you..She visited me on surgery day and stayed for almost two weeks...so port pain, gas, and cramps....:faint: I feel you sister!!!! Hot chamomile tea usually helps me...I hope they get better!!

I am going to go make some right now!!!

Thanks for the advice!

My emotions are also all over the place!!! UGGG

I am going to go make some right now!!!

Thanks for the advice!

My emotions are also all over the place!!! UGGG

Anytime! I get emotional too...I think that's why riht after surgery I couldn;t stop crying and I would cry for any little thing....do you kno wthat I balled because my son pulled out a plant from my get well basket!! I was in hysteria!!! lol!! I can laugh now, but it wasn't funny then....:confused:

Hey girls. I updated the list. Just an update...5.5 weeks post op, I have lost 22.5 lbs. Started back to the gym this past week, start with a trainer 2 times a week this week. Was scheduled for my first fill today but cancelled because I am not excessively hungry and am still losing weight consistently. Don't think I need the fill just yet. I will keep you all posted.