Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Member - Annie :)

Hi! I joined this online community this evening, and I got this welcome message. it asked me to come here to introduce myself... So, here I am! :)

I am pre-op, and I only began my journey toward surgery in December. I was not over weight growing up, but I gained 70 pounds when I was pregnant with my daughter. Surprisingly, I did NOT deliver a 70 pound baby. I struggled through diet and exercise programs that never seemed to work for long, and I added a little extra each go around. Atkins? Yep. Weight Watchers? You know it! Curves? Have all the gear. Gym Membership? Paid every month Jenny Craig? Her friendship is too expensive Phentermine? Cray Cray pills and I have had many a long night together!.... And the list goes on...

As my daughter is 13 years old now, I don't think I can call this "baby weight" any longer. I am currently 100 pounds heavier than I was the day I got married. Wow, 100 pounds. I think just writing that made it real... After meeting with my primary care doctor in December, my husband and I finally decided the gastric sleeve was our best option. I went to a seminar and had my first appointment in early January. I met with my patient advocate several weeks later. I have attended several of the required classes and I am going to monthly weight appointments with my primary doctor. My patient advocate tells me that they are in communication with my insurance and that I should be slated for surgery late June or early July. So, here I am, telling a bunch of strangers (or no one may even read this) about how I hope to spend my summer vacation....

Cheers!

Annie

welcome Annie.. I too was not over weight as a child either.. my wt came from having children..and I never got rid of it.. I tried many diets as you have.. but failed terribly.. so glad I found the sleeve.. I had surgery in dec. on the 20th.. im down now 52.6lbs.. amazing.. never could do that with the other diets scams.. mine came so fast.. heard about it in nov and surgery in dec.. helped that the doctor I went to works at the hospital I work at..and the insurance I have thru the hospital accepted that surgery.. so everything went so fast.. I didnt have time to think or change my mind.. jumped thru all the hoops and quickly too.. so did my hubby.. he was sleeved one week after I was. and onward to our journey to skinny people lol.. im taking a cruise with my hubby in May..and I hope to be looking at least good by then.. Im sure I will be.. you will be pleased im sure how well things go.. I wish you all the best of luck..and please keep us up to date.. we do read this stuff lol.. least I do anyways.. I know what its like to be new to the site.. cant wait til I get to what we call onederland.. in the 100 and somethings.. tired of being in the twohundredland..for sure.. take care..

Welcome Annie! I had surgery Dec 17th..best decision I ever made! & since I am eating better..so is hubby, he's down 20lbs too! Good luck & keep us posted!

Hi, and welcome, Annie! I have found this website to be so enlightening. It has been able to gear me for the changes that are getting ready to take place in my life. I have met a lot of friends so far that are interested in knowing me and my journey...and vice versa. There is nothing like having the support from people who know where you've been and where you're going...and the support from people who are going along in this process along with you. Good luck! :)

Hi Annie! I had to do a 6 month program also. At first the time seem to go by slowly, but before I knew it, I was making a surgery date. This Thursday for me.

Hi Annie! Welcome. I'm 2 weeks post op and thrilled to pieces. This forum is my lifeline. Anytime you have questions, concerns, worries, fun facts, etc, you can post here and so many people will read and respond. You are never alone in this journey. Good luck and looking forward to hearing about all your experiences.

I had two boys as well and W's shocked that the first wasn't 75 lbs and his brother wasn't 35lbs at birth either! Needless to say I kept that wait. I am having surgery March 5th and believe this is a way better option than waiting around for the next diet fad for me to fail at. I have been watching lots of youtube video blogs and combined with the forum I feel like I am pretty prepared for the road ahead. Best wishes! I got insurance approval within one week.

I'm new to this journey..my first appt with the dctr is this Thursday & I have been reading that some people have to do a 6 month diet program..So what I am wandering is why the 6 month diet??

Hi there and welcome. I am pretty new too. Always had a little weight problem. Lost 50# once, but gained it all back too. Did all the usual stuff - pills, diets, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, and just can't make anything work for the long haul. I went to a seminar end of Oct, met with surgeon for consult Nov., started 6 mos diet and fitness with nut and dr for insurance.mi wondered about the diet, but figured they want to see if we can lose something. Hopefully I will get approved quickly and be able to have surgery by end of June. I read this blog pretty much every day just to learn. I always see something I didn't know before. I am in the Cleveland Oh area and would love to talk to someone from around here. Good luck on your journey and keep writing.

Welcome Annie! Glad you found us and good luck with your journey!!

Hi there and welcome. I am pretty new too. Always had a little weight problem. Lost 50# once' date=' but gained it all back too. Did all the usual stuff - pills, diets, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, and just can't make anything work for the long haul. I went to a seminar end of Oct, met with surgeon for consult Nov., started 6 mos diet and fitness with nut and dr for insurance.mi wondered about the diet, but figured they want to see if we can lose something. Hopefully I will get approved quickly and be able to have surgery by end of June. I read this blog pretty much every day just to learn. I always see something I didn't know before. I am in the Cleveland Oh area and would love to talk to someone from around here. Good luck on your journey and keep writing.[/quote']

Hi Debbie I am from Strasburg Ohio about a hour south of you, straight down 77 I would love to chat dometime

I'm new to this journey..my first appt with the dctr is this Thursday & I have been reading that some people have to do a 6 month diet program..So what I am wandering is why the 6 month diet??

Hi! I have to do the 6 months, under a doctor's care, as an insurance requirement. I am not really doing anything other than eating the way they asked me to in nutrition class, which is basically just common sense stuff from elementary school health class! B)

I have lost a few pounds, and it is preparing me for how I will be eating post-op. Good luck with your appointment!

I had two boys as well and W's shocked that the first wasn't 75 lbs and his brother wasn't 35lbs at birth either! Needless to say I kept that wait. I am having surgery March 5th and believe this is a way better option than waiting around for the next diet fad for me to fail at. I have been watching lots of youtube video blogs and combined with the forum I feel like I am pretty prepared for the road ahead. Best wishes! I got insurance approval within one week.

That is so great! I pray that everything goes great for you! I am glad to hear of fast approval... I have been wondering about that part. They can't offically submit the request until my 6th month visits are over, which will be the last week in May or the first of June. That is why we are shooting for the first week of July. I am a teacher, so the earlier in the summer, the better. That way, I have more time to heal so I can be 100% with my kiddos in August. :D

The diet is a requirement for ins. They want to make sure you can adhere to it after surgery.My surgical grp and my ins only required a 3 mos dr supervised diet and it was only meeting with the Nut once a mos and going over what I was eating. I even gained a few lbs inbetween and no one said a word. My doc is lax on people who have a lower bmi. I didnt have to do a preop diet either, all depends on your doc and ins requirements.

Welcome aboard and good luck!!