Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Day 1 week 2.

I'm use to the app now, so it was the first jog I cranked some tunes.

Played some garag-ie disco house with a 125bpm 4-4 beat.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Deano

im starting day 1 of week 2 this morning too and i usually listen to rap station on pandora.

Pandora has several workout stations. Put in cardio, fitness, training, workout or yoga. Pick your favorite!!

I always listen to the Pop and Hip-Hop Power Workout on Pandora. Good faster-paced music to work out to on there.

What works for me is figuring out my running cadence (how many steps I take per minute) then doing a google search for songs with the same beats per minute. Then I run to the music. Really helped me keep my cadence up. For me, it's better to take shorter faster strides than long loping strides. My cadence is up around 180 strides/minute. I didn't start there though, I just got faster over time.

ill check those stations out thanks susie and week 2 was tougher but i like to be pushed when working out

This sounds pretty cool. How far out of surgery were you before you felt like you could start this (no necessarily DID start it). For the last few years I've really wanted to do a Try-a-Tri that is near where we camp every summer in July. It's a 400m swim' date=' 13.1 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. How soon will the average sleeved feel up to starting to train for this? My surgery is scheduled for 3/11 which only gives me 4 months until the event.[/quote']

4 months is definitely feasible. U might want to consider biking and swimming now. They are both great low impact exercises. Ur body will thank u and being in better shape will help with recovery. Keep us posted on how the training goes!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

What works for me is figuring out my running cadence (how many steps I take per minute) then doing a google search for songs with the same beats per minute. Then I run to the music. Really helped me keep my cadence up. For me' date=' it's better to take shorter faster strides than long loping strides. My cadence is up around 180 strides/minute. I didn't start there though, I just got faster over time.[/quote']

Interesting. There was a brief article in runners world about chi running. :) it mentioned running with a metronome. I think that could either drive me completely batshit or have a calming effect. I'm not willing to try. Lol. If u have time- please post a playlist. I typically run to dance/techno. I've never played with cadence. I know that cadence/tempo runs r in quite a few training plans.

I finished week three this morning with an extra 2 minutes of run at the end (I extend the cool down). It felt great. Music really helps me too. I like the Chili Peppers.

Running a little slower than I probably should, but it's better than nothing! I'm running at 4.5 but on a 1.5% incline. Looking forward to Monday and week 4!

I finished week three this morning with an extra 2 minutes of run at the end (I extend the cool down). It felt great. Music really helps me too. I like the Chili Peppers.

Running a little slower than I probably should' date=' but it's better than nothing! I'm running at 4.5 but on a 1.5% incline. Looking forward to Monday and week 4![/quote']

I just started week 4(I'm on day 2) all I can say is OH BOY lol...but I too am only running at 4.5 lol. I'm just amazed that I'm even able to run for 5 min...never before in life have I had the endurance to run for that long. I'm truly enjoying the c25k

Interesting. There was a brief article in runners world about chi running. :) it mentioned running with a metronome. I think that could either drive me completely batshit or have a calming effect. I'm not willing to try. Lol. If u have time- please post a playlist. I typically run to dance/techno. I've never played with cadence. I know that cadence/tempo runs r in quite a few training plans.

As a matter of fact I'm taking a chi running seminar next month. Looking forward to it. I've read the book and really enjoyed it.

I tried the metronome thing, but hated that. Downloading music with the proper beats per minute was much more pleasurable. And in my mind, cadence and tempo are two different things. My thinking was the tempo runs are like faster runs, where the cadence is just your steps per minute but it doesn't necessarily mean you are running fast.

In fact, in the chi running book it states that your cadence should always stay the same, and to run faster you simply take longer strides, not faster strides. But it also advocates for a forefoot landing which means if you take longer strides you're just stretching out your stride behind you. You lead leg still lands under your hips, not in front (again, this is just for forefoot landing). If you are a heel striker it would be totally different.

If you count your steps and figure out our cadence, you can do a google search for songs with that beats per minute...I promise you will find a huge list for any number you put in. Mine are all classic rock....industrial disease and twisting by the pool by Dire Straits. Dancing with Myself by billy idol. Tusk by Fleetwood Mac. Freeze Frame...J Geils Band. Modern Love....David Bowie. Bad Moon Rising...CCR. Blitzkrieg Bop....Ramones. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Ok, week four, day one done! Brutal, but done and it's a big jump to run 16 minutes, isn't it? That last five was just ugly!

I've started it twice. I'm pre op. I never made it past the 3rd week. I wanted to but the last time my knees and shins have me such grief I just could bare another go. I am hoping that post op I'll have a better go at it.

So I hadn't ran since last Wednesday, but today you guys kept posting updates, and that totally motivated me to get off my @ss and I completed week 3 day1. I feel great I fell my stamina and endurance gradually increasing.

Ok, week four, day one done! Brutal, but done and it's a big jump to run 16 minutes, isn't it? That last five was just ugly!

I'm week 2 and I haven't hit a hurdle yet - but I know it's coming!