Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Going to start the app today... Wish me luck

Good luck. Remember start slow and listen to your body. If you feel too much strain, slow down as to not get hurt. The results will definitely be worth it!!

Surprisingly enough i only had to walk for the last jog section - i still bumped the speed from 3.2 to 3.8 on the treadmill for that section. Didnt think i could last that long!

actingnurse- its good you did that much. I walked for the first 3 months of surgery at 3mph for an hour till it became nothing then started c25k.

Houdini- Ive never really been a runner just ran for whatever sport i did in school. I can do a somewhat long time at what i consider a slow jog but i like to get that speed up for the same amount of time. I like to push myself but im lucky to be young and my body doesnt mind the abuse.

Just finished week 3 day 2 of c25k, feeling great!!! Let's keep this going. I swear my butt is getting firm again!!! Yippie.

Week four (pant, gasp)... night two! I actually feel pretty decent, not to say that last five wasn't a little ugly!

I've dropped a couple pounds and my clothes feel a little different so I know something good is happening. it's enough to keep me coming back for the next run.

Cheers all!

Just finished week 3 day 2 of c25k' date=' feeling great!!! Let's keep this going. I swear my butt is getting firm again!!! Yippie.[/quote']

I'm glad somebody's butt is getting firm cause mine looks like a geriatric shar-pei. My thighs are looking awesome though.

Don't be dissing my beach! I wish you fun on your 5k but to me I'd rather spend 5k on a couch....

Hehehehe

I love you!!

I'd rather spend 5k on a couch lol

I completed week 4 tuesday...but I'm going to re do it. That last 5 min jog was tough and it wasn't until day 3 i completed it totally. So I'm hoping by doing it over for another week I'll build more stamina

I was supposed to start W2D1 yesterday but ended up coming down with the stomach flu. Took today off to fully recover and will start tomorrow. Everybody is so encouraging here. Keep up the good work people!!

I was supposed to start W2D1 yesterday but ended up coming down with the stomach flu. Took today off to fully recover and will start tomorrow. Everybody is so encouraging here. Keep up the good work people!!

That stinks :-/ good luck tomorrow!

I am starting this week :)

Im going to have to repeat week one it looks like. Ive tried two days now and have had to fast walk 1-2 of the jog sections.... Ill get there.

Starting over. Got through the first week, but have been battling pneumonia since mid January. Can't get a full run up, without hacking a lung. Everybody at the gym thinks I have e-boli. Getting better so going to try to start over. Wanted to run a 5k in March, but thinking about pushing into later in the spring.

Wanted to run a 5k in March' date=' but thinking about pushing into later in the spring.[/quote']

Doing my first one June 1st - its a Run for Your Lives race/obstacle course (www.runforyourlives.com) then im working as a zombie on the evening shift lol.

I finished week four yesterday. Next week is run five minutes, three times. For some reason that sounds not as bad as week four...