Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

Way to move on!

All the people who are starting the jog/run journey is really motivating. Way to go! This is going to be a really big group of joggers and runners under fitness in no time. How cool is that! Cheers!

Did it! Week 1 Day 1 repeat in the books. Wasn't bad at all, hardly hacked, but was ready to be done when I got off the treadmill. Just short of 2 miles. Even went and knocked out 25 more minutes on the elliptical trainer. Was just the boost I needed to get back at it hard. scale has been flat for the last couple of weeks while taking Prednesone.

Welcome back. Nothing kicks thru a stall like running.

I am waiting for a call back from the doc that did my knee replacement almost 2 years ago. My nut is setting a training session up. ,

Fingers crossed you get good news from your knee doc.

Deano

All the people who are starting the jog/run journey is really motivating. Way to go! This is going to be a really big group of joggers and runners under fitness in no time. How cool is that! Cheers!

It's good seeing the fire in a few bellies!!

okay all of you have really motivated me. I downloaded the free app Couch to 5k on my iPhone. I have a son that started competing in Triathlons a couple of years ago and last year he told me he really wants me and his Dad to at least start joining him in a few 5k races. I cried because I felt like I was letting him down. that was one of the turning points for me to have the surgery. So I promised him that I would work to be able to join him in a race by May. I am 5 weeks post op and I'm not going to let back and knee problems deter me. Onward I go!

Ok' date=' once again you are amazing! Here I am wondering if I'll be able to pull off a 5k and you're talking half marathon! I so admire your ambition and belief in yourself.[/quote']

Thank you. I will believe in you too and we can all support each other and do this! We are all fighters to have made it this far and we are continuing the fight against obesity with each run we do. I am looking forward to being able to run with my son, nieces and nephews. I don't want to be part of the cheering section. I will be one of the runners!

okay all of you have really motivated me. I downloaded the free app Couch to 5k on my iPhone. I have a son that started competing in Triathlons a couple of years ago and last year he told me he really wants me and his Dad to at least start joining him in a few 5k races. I cried because I felt like I was letting him down. that was one of the turning points for me to have the surgery. So I promised him that I would work to be able to join him in a race by May. I am 5 weeks post op and I'm not going to let back and knee problems deter me. Onward I go!

Way to go! It's motivating to have a child WANT you to join him. You are on your way.

I am waiting for a call back from the doc that did my knee replacement almost 2 years ago. My nut is setting a training session up. ' date='[/quote']

Doctor okayed me training for a 5 k

Way to go! It's motivating to have a child WANT you to join him. You are on your way.

yes it does, thanks!

Im repeating week 4....and I finally feel completely competent to move on to week 5. Never in a million years could I have imagined running..,under any circumstances(unless I was being chased at gunpoint lol) but I am so proud of myself for challenging myself to do this!

My surgery is March 7th. I"M SO EXCITED. How long after surgery did you all start your workout. I want to start the second I can. I love to run and I want to start this challenge ASAP. What is your experience like? I stopped running last Nov after my 1/2 marathon at Disney World because let my weight get me down. I want to get going again. What are your thoughts?

Most dr.'s will advise you to wait till you are 6 weeks out. That doesn't mean you can't do anything though. I am 4+ weeks out and just started back to the gym. I am using the elliptical for a 30 min workout, and the Lifecycle for another 10-15. I am doing this 4 times a week. Before I started back to the gym, I used my Wii. I liked that I could do it in the privacy of my home and I used everything from The Just Dance's to Wii Fit! Anything to keep moving. :)

My surgery is March 7th. I"M SO EXCITED. How long after surgery did you all start your workout. I want to start the second I can. I love to run and I want to start this challenge ASAP. What is your experience like? I stopped running last Nov after my 1/2 marathon at Disney World because let my weight get me down. I want to get going again. What are your thoughts?

Most docs want you to start walking right away. Mine allowed me to start doing the elliptical and cycling at week 3....but told me to take it easy at first. By 6 weeks I was given the okay to do anything I wanted, but again with the caveat to ease into each new exercise.

I am waiting for a call back from the doc that did my knee replacement almost 2 years ago. My nut is setting a training session up. ' date='[/quote']