Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hello all. Yea....Mizboo. I am so happy for you! I would love to have that done when all this is over, if I lose all the weight, that is.

I still have lots of restriction. Haven't been able to eat any meat, that's okay. I was surprised when I made some thin oatmeal and couldn't eat but a few teaspoons this a.m. and then had to PB?? I did manage to eat about a 1/2 cup of squash casserole at lunch. Maybe now I will lose some weight and get this show on the road. YEA!!! Whatcha think Lisa?

I really miss Vlynn, how do I look at her profile and see if she has an email posted?

How are you doing with your fill Susan? My next appt is 12/31. How about you? Everybody have a good weekend!!!!

Arkie, glad to hear from you too. Eat slow and chew well. Let us know as soon as you hear anything. I have had my gallbladder out. Don't miss it one bit either!!

sugarb sounds like you know what restriction is now yay!!!! i made my appt for 1-7, but hopefully i won't need a fill then 'cause i am really tight now, but so far it is managable just have to watch that last bite and quit before i get there. work has been really busy and i am really tired at nite so i probably won't have much to say this next week so i hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.

lisa you sure have been quiet lately i hope you are being a good girL!!

No , my insurance didn't pitch in, because I was too impatient to wait for all the required rashes, infection, etc. they wanted documented. Then after all of that they would only cover what is called a panniculectomy, which is just lopping off the apron stuff, and not repositioning your belly button, and really dressing the area up to look it's best. So I coughed up the money and got it over with. My belly button had just disappeared in my folds of skin, and now it looks like it did as a youngster. I am very pleased so far, even though I am still soooooo tired. Hopefully I will get some pics soon, if it won't gross ya;ll out..........MIZBOO

It won't gross me out! What I see on me grosses me out! I think most insurances pay for the panniculectomy, better know as the "apron." The big hangover. Some have medical problems with that, circulation, infections in the crease, ect.

If you don't mind me asking, who did your surgery? Was it out patient? I am wondering how many have had cosmetic surgery? I am not sure how long they have been doing lapband here. So I figure those surgeries will be picking up in a year or two. I hope I can do that when the time comes. Arms, eyes and neck would be nice too. lol I can hardly wait to see your pics.

Oh, sorry for the double post but i talked to Deb the nurse today and found out that my band is a 10cm band which is the medium band. Also I have 3 cc's in it. I had it calculated as 3.2 before this fill. I notice that happens with others too. I think from now on I will ask for the total after my fills. I don't care how much I get at a time.

mizboo... who did the surgery if you dont mind me asking! Definitely need to save up alot of money. My tummy already looks bad due to so many abd surgeries. Would love to get it looking better! I am happy for you. I cant wait until my second fill tuesday! THAT should be perfect timing fo thanksgiving. If I can have a few bites of dressing I will be thankful. :hungry:

Hope to be at the mp meeting monday night! See you there. That is if I dont get another late night admission . Happy thanksgiving

Hey everyone. How is everyone doing? Sounds like yall are doing great.

Way to go Mizboo! Hope you are feeling great before long. Send us pics, it won't gross me out.

Susan, I've just been busy. Seems like I don't have time for anything anymore. I haven't lost anymore weight and I haven't met my second goal, but I'm almost there. I just can't seem to lose those few pesky pounds to get to that second goal. After that goal is met, there is only one more goal to meet and it will be the hard one. The last 30 pounds. I have been sneaking in as much exercise at work as I can. Instead of taking the carts like everyone else, I walk. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me I can't walk anymore. Aint that strange? If someone is trying to get a little exercise, just leave them alone. I can get my job done a lot faster when I walk instead of driving a golf cart starting and stopping all day. I've already figured that one out. I might just buck the system on this one. lol You know me, Rebel at heart! lol

Sugarbear, glad to hear you finally have some restriction. Maybe it will help. Just take care of it and don't force down things after you get full. The hardest thing I had to learn was to slow down when I eat. Take small bites, and chew very well. Now that you have restriction, it will come back to bite you if you don't follow the rules. Just be careful. Hopefully, you will be on the road to losing soon. Just don't fall down any more steps, ok? lol

We are off to Branson for Thanksgiving. Things aren't looking very well up there. I don't expect it will be a very cheery holiday. I will be off all week next week. T is out of school, so I will be able to post a time or two maybe.

Yall take care. Talk to ya later!

Way to go Sugarbear! With restriction comes the behavior modification part. The tightness really has helped me. Though, today I've eaten very poorly. Rice Krispie Treats are BAD things! Luckily, I'm scheduled for a fill on Monday. For some reason, I've lost a little weight despite eating a little more than usual...weird. I feel like I need a fill, but I'm hesitant to take a whole or half a fill since the half fill still tightened me up badly in August. I need something because I getting hungry. I'll let the docs decide and if it's too tight, I'll just get it taken out rather than suffer as much as last time.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! REIN IN THOSE GOBBLERS!

Dr. Hollingsworth did mine, and I must say, that it really looks good!!! I would have been happy with even poor results, but except for some swelling in my upper abdomen, it is even hard to tell I had it done with panties on. I go back on Monday and will probably have to have some Fluid drawn off cause the drains are out and their is still some fluid being made and no way out. Sugarbear, when the time is right for you, I highly recommenr him for yours. Talk to ya'll later. Dotta get a nap in cause you can't sleep long at night flat of your back and unable to sleep on your side. MIZBOO

Hey yall! How's everyone this morning?

My band gave me a spanking yesterday. I reckon I needed it. Went out to eat after church and of course I was starving. I thought that is how things were after church. lol I ate too fast and payed for it. Shame, shame. I promise to do better. The last few days have been hard, I seem to be in that phase where I'm hungry for something and can't find out what it is. I hate it when that happens. lol I sure hope I find whatever it is before Thursday!!!!!!!

Shannon, I don't plan on reining in my Gobblers. I'm gonna run those little boogers off! Far, far away! And send all the other stuff with them. lol :)

Yall know this is gonna be hard. Most of us haven't been banded for a major holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas. We can do this....it's just one day. Send all the left overs home with family members! Get it out of the house!! If we goof up (and I probably will, cause I don't have much will power) we will just have to get back on the "band" wagon the next day. Look what I did! "Band" wagon. lol I think I'm psyching my self up for this. (was that spelled right?) Yall have a good day and if I don't get to post again before Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Susan, behave this week. lol

Going for fill #3 today. I will let you know how it goes. Good luck over the Holidays!

Hope the fill goes well lo2us. I found out this morning I can't have my favorite Cereal. "Great Grains." A favorite high Fiber food. Oh well. Sacrifices...... I had a little oatmeal this a.m. and maybe a cup of Soup at lunch. Going to try pot-pie at supper. It has been one week today since the fill. I feel like I am starting out new! Have to be very careful. Slow seems to be the name of the game, itty bites too. You are so right Lisa.

All that will be traveling, be xtra carefull!

Lisa I updated my ticker but the red udate message is still on there. How do I get that off?

Did ya'll notice we are on page 100!

Supper didn't go to well.:cry I was soooo hungry,:hungry: and a ate a couple bites too many.:faint: Got to get better at this. Just what exactly is all that that you can just lean over and get rid of?:guess It doesn't look like my food. I know too gross. :omg: Sorry. DH is cleaning fish right now, sooo, I guess tomorrow night I'll try baked fish.:paranoid I can't live on oatmeal and Soup forever, can I?:rolleyes

Mornin everyone.

Sugarbear, I don't know what that is. I can click on it and it takes me to tickerfactory. I noticed that block right after they did something to the band site. Maybe, go into your edit signature and cut that little block out. Try that and see if you can do it that way. Or send Alex an e-mail. (the lapband site guru)

That stuff you can just lean over and get rid of is SLIME! Did you feel like you were drowning? Slime is gross and I hate to tell you this, but when you get stuck, the docs suggest the next meal or two be liquid. (like slim fast) The stoma swells from food getting stuck and it makes it hard to eat the next meal.

Well, we had a great meeting last night. Lots of new people there. Susan???? Glo????? I'm not saying a word. lol I got to meet Teresa last nite. Speaking of which..... Teresa, how did the Wal-Mart trip go?

lo2us, how did the fill go yesterday? Everything ok?

And I got my 50 pound pin last night. Yeah!

I think I need to start my food diary again. Since I'm not losing, I am wondering if I'm getting enough calories again. Do yall do that? I'm not hungry and I'm not eating much, so I wonder if that's the problem. I do know I'm not starting my diary until AFTER Thanksgiving. lol

I'm rambling, yall have a good day.

Susan, what are you fixing for Thanksgiving? lol

GO LISA! YEAH!

I didn't get a fill. Dr. H wants to do an upper GI on Wednesday morning. He thinks it might be a tiny hernia that they couldn't see during surgery, if not that, then I'm defintely too tight and we will give it time and then a tiny unfill. I go back on Dec. 10th to see what's going on. I'm a little nervous about the upper GI, but I would feel better if they can get a look at it and maybe decide if I have a really big stomach (as if we didn't already know that! lol) on the inside or something is wrong. He said I should be a little more comfortable than I am right now and that maybe I need less fills than the rest of you because I have a big stomach (this has been sugarbear's theory all along!) Honestly, though, none of my problems started until I had a fill. We'll see and I'll keep you updated.