Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Shannon, upper GI's are not as bad as you might think. I'm talking about the procedure itself. The junk you have to drink is another story. lol it's worse than slim fast. lol I hope everything turns out ok. Be sure to keep us posted.

p>Hey! Yes, congrats on the pin lisa. It was a nice meeting and great to meet you. I dont care if everyone knows me.

I got my fill early this morning.....:help: and I might should have told the dr that i was too tight. I can barely get a couple of sips down, trying to slime? Is this normal the first day of the fill? This is my second fill. I felt the Water in the office but then i ate the cracker and i thought i was fine, left. THen... felt like I was going to slime about 5 minutes after I left their office. I dont want to go back to get any out if this is just temporary. Any advice???? Will tomorrow get better or should i go back and get some out???????

Thanks ! Glad to be getting restriction and no hunger today !!

Teresa, call them and talk to them bout it. It could just be swelling from the fill, but better safe than sorry. Long weekend coming up and you don't want to visit the ER. BUT on the other hand.... way to go on having restriction on the second fill. I think it took 3 for me to fill some restriction.

Yall have a great Thanksgiving! Remember what Ms. Betty said. PORTION CONTROL!!! lol Talk to yall later!

thanks lisa. I hope in the morning i will be a bit better. This is wierd to feel like this. Did you get better the second day or did you go get some out? I wish I had asked if they were going to be in the office tomorrow or even friday ! Dumb on my part. I can take one sip but I do feel it in my throat! Three sips and I am losing it ! Thanks for your advice. I know to drink something warm in the morning, maybe that would help tonight too??

Yes, yea on the restriction, but I dont want to get dehydrated and be starving! LOL.

Know ing what I know now, I'd have some out if I were you, tp.

Talk to them and see what they think. I thought my second fill would losen up in a few days after it and it took 5 weeks to do it! That was about 12 weeks ago and it may STILL be too tight! I could only take three bites...so you're tighter than I was!

I'll post what happens with mine when I get back home tomorrow. I have to be there at 8am. Good Luck!

okay.... I will call them, I guess if you are going in tomorrow someone will be there ! I HATE to get any out!!! Maybe he wont take too much out... Dang, I was soooo excited about being tight LOL

lisa... i went to the police today, he told me there are about 3 or 4 people a week coming in saying the same thing... The thief actually got more out, total 2400.00. I am scared to death to use my debit card in a resturant again !

WHat theif? What resturant?

RELIEF! Upper GI wasn't so bad. Nothing to it! Radiologist said everything looked good and didn't see any hernia. He said I could possible be a little too tight, but it seemed to be flowing good this morning. I think I'm going to take my 3 weeks until I go back to PS and see what happens. I haven't been sick in about 7 days. That's really good for me! I guess I just have a bigger stomach (more tissue) than most so I'm extra tight on little fills. I'm just happy it hadn't slipped and hopefully no more surgery for a while! I'm really going to work on getting enough Water and eating slowly this time around...and uh...exercise like I was doing this summer!

lo2us.. i THINK my debit card was copied, I didnt lose it, but someone went to the texarkana ark Walmart and did five transactions of 2400.00 out of my checking. Two right in front of my eyes online! I was looking at my account and saw it happening. !!! I am still fighting it. I PRAY the bank returns the money to me. As of now, I am overdrawn and "BROKE". Didnt believe it would happen to me. I am not sure of the exact place it was copied... I have my suspicions that it was a nice itallian resturant. But.. I dont think I will ever know where it happened, I use my debit card everywhere, even mcdonalds drive thru. BE CAREFUL.

I had 1/2 the fill taken back out this morning. I am soooo much better now, still tight but I think this is where I should be now. Yesterday was horrible. Lost two pounds over it. i am sure that will come back tomorrow. LOL. Happy thanksgiving and watch your purse, etc especially in the grocery store buggies !

Lo2us, the 10th! Why so long?? Pooey! Well I have joined you in the "tight department." This is a first for me. I have only pb'd once or twice till I got this fill. Now it's every day. Just have to learn to work with it. Eating two or three tiny bites of food is not my norm. I tried to eat an egg this a.m. Second bite, sat there for awhile and of course a trip to the bathroom. I did eat a serving of green Beans yesterday that went down well. So now I can add green beans to my band-friendly list. It will be two weeks Mon. since the fill. I guess it is going to stay with me, ya think? I should definitely lose some weight if I keep eating like this. I guess I won't have to worry about eating too much Thanksgiving dinner today, huh? What will you do on the 10th? Go to Wadley for the upper GI or what? Does Dr. H do that or just someone at the hospital? I did one one time and I think the radiologist did it. I am glad you are getting checked out. As SOON as your home from that get online and let us know something. You know I have that "mother-hen syndrome."

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let's all take time today and count our blessings. Keep everyone on the road in your prayers too.

Well pooey. Somehow I was still on page 100 when I read all that and responded. Now I see on this page I missed some info. Glad everything went well. Is the 10th a follow-up or is it already a secheduled visit?

TP, did you cancel that card and get a new one? How awful! Does a debit card have insurance? How did they "copy" it? I'm kinda slooowww about that stuff. I just started using one a few months ago. Is it better to use it like a debit, or like a credit card. Someone told me if you forget your pin they will do it like a credit card. What can you do about it? Will you get your money back and how did they know your pin#? I am so sorry about this. I know that was your hard earned money. Some people just don't have a concience. I wish they could put a red flag on that card as stolen, so when they use it they could be arrested on the spot. Take care.

sugarbear.. thanks. I am sick about this. I didnt lose or have my card stolen, someone must have copied my card somewhere. I am getting worried about getting the money back now... hate being completely broke. i understand that i will get it back etc after I prove it was stolen. hopefully soon it will be resolved, no early shopping for me this year.

still tight but ate some today. I too am having to go slow and easy.

I am so sorry TP. I use my debit everywhere too. I never carry money. I guess, I'll revert to writing checks and trying to keep money on me. How horrible for this to happen at the beginning of the holidays. How will you be able to prove it stolen? Is your bank working with you? Please educate me on what to do if it happens to me when you get it figured out!

I go back on the 10th to see if I need to be filled or unfilled. So far it's been about 7 days and no being sick. Though I did weigh myself today after dinner and I've gained about 5lbs...eek...I did drink a lot though. I'll try again in the morning!

<p>Did this theft happen in Texarkana?</p> IS there anything a consumer can do to protect themselves from this happening? Geez, I didn't think it would be so easy!

I think it happened at an itallian resturant here in texarkana. I was sitting outside, didnt pay attention to how long they had my card, lost my employee id in the bathroom (I think) it had my picture and name on it, no numbers. Anyway, I called back there the next day and they told me they didnt find my id. So, it is just a guess since i use the debit card everywhere. I am going back to the bank today and trying to get some answers, until the transactions went all the way thru they couldnt dispute them yet. This is very easy to happen according to the police. The banks should be able to do something and the transactions were so close together that something should have triggered the bank and it didnt. Just be careful, I guess I will watch my card at any resturant even if that means going with the waiter !!! Wish me luck today. Good luck on your fill.