Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

TP - That's great! Thank you for sharing your story. It has really opened my eyes and I'm going to be UBER careful!

I'm doing great. Kind of at a pleateau. I know I gained 2lbs on Thanksgiving and I've been working hard to get it off. No sickness in 2 weeks now. I hope Dr. H will give me an tiny fill on the 10th to help...defintely less than the .6 he gave me last time.

Nothing much more to tell...just trying to get the Christmas break with all these teenage students! 2 1/2 more weeks!

Glo - My family is all chipping in $25 to donate to Project Smile. They are an organization that helps kids with cleft palettes to get them corrected. Together we will have enought to pay for one operation. We did it last year and we got pictures an a letter from the little girl.

sorry bout that!! I meant to say more than just hello!!

I had my first fill Nov 19th, i could still eat anything I want, including bread, just can't eat as much. My mind and my mouth says it wants more, but my tummy is stuffed! I am not losing like I thought I would. In fact, think I gained a couple pounds last week. I know I am not making enough right food choices and I'm not getting enough exercise. I have got to make the meeting on Dec.10th because I need the support and the knowledge I can obtain from all of you that attend.

Hang in there Julie. I went at a snail's pace too. Most people don't have much restriction after the first fill. Everyone is different. lo2us has had restriction from the start. Me..... I have had FIVE fills. Now, I have fairly good restriction. Be sure to drink your Water, exercise, and follow the "box" rules that Ms. Betty gives you and you will start losing before you know it. It's hard, but you can do this. Be determined, make better food choices and exercise more. PATIENCE! That is the key. We didn't get this way overnight and it will take more than a couple of weeks to get it off. You can do this.... we are here to support you and cheer you on every step (or pound) of the way.

lisa

Lisa G,

I've never been given anything by Betty concerning staying in the box? What are some of the things to do to stay in the box? I know to drink Water and to watch portions, what else?

Thanks for the encouragement.

Julie, go to the East Texas Bandsters thread and on page two, I listed our box rules for another girl. Since I'm not very computer smart, I couldn't copy them and paste them to this thread.

lisa

stay in the box rules - Thanks lisa !

1. Eat only 3 small meals a day. (breakfast within 1 hour of getting up and your last meal 3 hours before you go to bed)

2. Eat slow and chew thoroughly (15-20 times per bite)

3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full (do not challenge the band, see how little y ou can eat and be satisfied.)

4. Do NOT drink while eating. (30 minutes before and 1 hour after) No carbonated drinks. Avoid gulping, sip.

5. Do not eat between meals.

6. Make good choices. (eat only good quality food. solid food is more important than liquid food. The band will have no effect if you only consume liquids as it will pass right through.)

7. Drink at least 6 - 8 8 ounce glasses of Water per day.

8. Drink low calorie or zero calorie liquids. (crystal lite) in addition to the above.

9. Exercise daily. You eat daily so you need to exercise daily.

10. Avoid doughy or sticky foods like white bread, pop corn, coconut, dried fruits as they can obstruct the stoma.

Please understand...... These are our doctors rules. Please follow YOUR doctor's rules above all else. These are really common sense rules for bandsters, but it helps newbies and those who have gotten off track. Hope this helps.

thanks lisa... i put this on my desktop to look at every morning!:clap2:

ps... i did go to the burgerking in nash texas in the drive thru... maybe i will never do that again!! LOL. I am getting tighter in the mornings.. I tried to eat a french frie yesterday at lunch... got stuck.. i think i remember someone telling me at the meeting not to eat fries... wish i had listened. I am drinking a slim fast in the morning, cant eat anything ! This band is different day by day... does anyone else have to eat Soup at lunch? I can eat at night reasonable well... It has been over a week since my 2nd fill, could it be getting tighter ??

yep i have heard a lot of folks say it sometimes takes up to 2 weeks for a fill to kick in and my own experience with this last fill was as time went on i just got tighter and tighter and when i went in for the unfill i was having a hard time just drinking h20 and it had been 10 days since the fill

That was me telling about the french fries. I had one of my son's and got stuck. I think I am tighter that I have ever been the last few days. I have an appointment Tuesday, I don't know if I will get a fill this time either. Didn't get one last time. I had trouble with a piece of fish last night. Even though some days I feel like I could eat the house down, when I get started, I can't eat much. lol

lisa

P.S. Thanks Teresa for moving the "box" rules. I guess I'm just brain dead lately. At least I got the link to it posted. lol

ljg

wish412, I am so glad you are feeling well. Brother! The drop in size with a tummy-tuck! WOW! I know you are so happy. You are inspiring to us all. Can't wait to see your pics. Dh and I are going to T-Town tomorrow to dig in on the shopping list. Don't know how far I will get with him but I hope to do a lot. I go to the doc Tues. and will be by myself. so I will continue then. Take care everyone.

Hello all. Dug in today on the Xmas shopping. Didn't finish, but got two thirds of it done. I will go back on Tues. and see if I can get the rest done. Bought several gift cards. I know that's the easy way out but just not into all the walking this year with the ankle. We shopped from 10 til 3 today. Had one more place to go but DH had "had it." Actually I had too. lol. Tried to eat some fish tonight, didn't go to well. hmmm. Better go.