Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I'm interested in the diet as well

Diet: In this diet u should use a measuring cup that my dietation gave me will send u a pic of it. No sweeteners allowed only brown sugar for use. Rule number one is to alternate food (will be referring to it by "or") so u cannot eat the same day the same item twice and the next day u are also obliged to eat another item. Alternating will boost ur metabolism and makes u lose weight fast. Rule number 2 u have to take ur Snacks it will also boost ur metabolism. Rule number three drink as much as u can Water all day long up to 2 litres. NB: this diet was given to me 2 weeks ago on the base of 96.8 kg my weight after 18 days is 86.8 kg. so I don't know if it will work with people who are more than 96 kg. NB : excuse me for my weak English I am originally French educated. The Diet: Breakfast : Milk + 1/2 glass of juice no sugar added no sweetener added Or 1 yoghurt non fat or 1 tbsp of lebanese labneh it's like petits suisses or French fromage blanc non fat Lunch: 1.5 cup of mashed veg. Soup or 1.5 cup of lentil Soup also blended or 1.5 cup of non fat Yoghurt or ayran yoghurt snack 1: after exactly one hour of lunch u should drink green tea it helps burning the fat. Snack 2: 1 fruit mashed or pressed or 1 piece of dark chocolate or 1/2 cup of yoghurt Dinner: 3/4 cup of pudding she gave me a list of Lebanese pudding that u can find on google :) such as mohalabiyé written also mhalbiyé / sahlab/ moughli moghli or 1 backed potato or 1/2 cup of mashed rice mixed with 1/2 cup of non fat yoghurt or 1.5 cup of veg. Soup or 3/4 cup of Lebanese mdardra/ mojadara (lentil based dishes that u can also find on google) Some indication: 1) personally I couldn't eat more than half of the quantity given to me I try to eat the quantity within one hour I stop. 2) personally i take my last meal at 7 pm maximum. 3) I also avoid salt even my ayran yoghurt I buy it without salt 4) I stick to fresh juices apple and pineapple and I mix it with Water. 5) I heat my milk with cinnamon 6) please do look up the recipes of the Lebanese dishes I mentioned coz they are really healthy and easy to do. 7) my dietation advised me to walk up to 40 min a day 8) i know i am so strict on myself but i really want to have a killer body before summer and beach time. 9) I drink Nescafé gold with coffe mate non fat 10) good luck

I was sleeved on the 18th and so far I've been doing alright. I have had some stomach pain, and the gas pains that I get in there every not and then are sharp and painful, but they pass very quickly. My biggest problem and what has made me miserable is that I have Fluid on my lungs from the anesthesia and it makes it very hard to take full breaths. Also, I don't know if it's still gas from the surgery, when I inhale my left shoulder feels like it's being stabbed. I'm soooo tired of only being able to sleep on my back. I've always been a side and stomach sleeper, so the only sleeping on my back combined with an arthritic condition that I have are murder!! Ok.....I'm done with my pity party now! I hope next week is better, and hope all of you are doing well!

I was sleeved on the 18th and so far I've been doing alright. I have had some stomach pain' date=' and the gas pains that I get in there every not and then are sharp and painful, but they pass very quickly. My biggest problem and what has made me miserable is that I have Fluid on my lungs from the anesthesia and it makes it very hard to take full breaths. Also, I don't know if it's still gas from the surgery, when I inhale my left shoulder feels like it's being stabbed. I'm soooo tired of only being able to sleep on my back. I've always been a side and stomach sleeper, so the only sleeping on my back combined with an arthritic condition that I have are murder!! Ok.....I'm done with my pity party now! I hope next week is better, and hope all of you are doing well![/quote']

I had the same left sulkies stabbing pain the day of surgery and the next day. The only thing that helped with that was walking lots of walking. The pain in the lungs was hard also use the spirometry breath in and out slowly. This will pass by next week or sooner you will be OK.

Today is one week post op for me. Feeling well but hungry. Can't get my Protein in though. Tried the premier shakes and they are so thick and sweet. What other Protein do you all recommend?

I used the pre-made Isopure during the first week as I could not get the powders down (too thick). My favorite flavors are Alpine punch (taste like Kool-aid fruit punch) and Icy Orange. These were the smoothest. I also tried the Green Apple which taste good but left my mouth feeling dry and gave me heartburn. The Blue Raspberry was my least favorite but I would drink it of I was unable to find the others.

Ok -had surgery 2/4 lost 11lb first week, 11lbs second week and 2lbs week three. Little disappointed about last weeks loss! I am on mushy foods, getting at least 60gm Protein da(shakes mostly ) 50-60oz fluids.

I have not started walking yet (cold and wet ) but plan to in 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

I was sleeved on the 18th and so far I've been doing alright. I have had some stomach pain' date=' and the gas pains that I get in there every not and then are sharp and painful, but they pass very quickly. My biggest problem and what has made me miserable is that I have Fluid on my lungs from the anesthesia and it makes it very hard to take full breaths. Also, I don't know if it's still gas from the surgery, when I inhale my left shoulder feels like it's being stabbed. I'm soooo tired of only being able to sleep on my back. I've always been a side and stomach sleeper, so the only sleeping on my back combined with an arthritic condition that I have are murder!! Ok.....I'm done with my pity party now! I hope next week is better, and hope all of you are doing well![/quote']

This will pass. Use your spirometer as they instructed. I know it hurts to breathe but it really does help and sure beats pneumonia. I had a terrible time on my back in the hospital as I have herniated disk in my lower back. I was able to sleep on my side by the time I was home. It did hurt but I used pillows to help support the belly. Good luck. :)

I came home and the heating pad was my friend! I slept with it, sat with it and it sure helped. I came home sleeping on my one side and would always wake up on my back. It wasn't until day 10 post op I could sleep on my other side which I always slept. And I did my incentive spirometer until day 7 at home.

Hope you feel better soon

Today is one week post op for me. Feeling well but hungry. Can't get my Protein in though. Tried the premier shakes and they are so thick and sweet. What other protein do you all recommend?

I have been overwhelmed by too sweet too. I find that i like a max of 1 scoop and like it best with Water tho I've also tried almond milk. I had some champion vanilla with a little sugar free Carmel Syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon this morning and it was almost like a vanilla chai.

I personally like

Syntrax nectar: carribean cooler and lemon tea

Syntrax sweets: double stuffed oreo

Now I don't like sweet thick shakes so I mix all of these with Water.

If you have never tried syntrax you can google: syntrax sample packs and you can get 10-14 packs for under 20.00(usc) and you can try then each? That is what I did.

Good luck

The Syntrax are my absolute favorite so far with Cappuccino being number 1. The sampler is wonderful

I am 8 days out from surgery, and have no problem getting my Protein and Water in every day. My dr never gave me a calorie requirement. Does anybody have calorie requirements? How many calories are you getting a day?

I am 8 days out from surgery' date=' and have no problem getting my Protein and Water in every day. My dr never gave me a calorie requirement. Does anybody have calorie requirements? How many calories are you getting a day?[/quote']

I had the same question and have gone thru my paper work from nut and Dr and can only find protein reqs if 60-90 grams and my diet plan. I find following these two that I'm taking in about 500-600 during my first week clear liquid phase.

I had the same question and have gone thru my paper work from nut and Dr and can only find Protein reqs if 60-90 grams and my diet plan. I find following these two that I'm taking in about 500-600 during my first week clear liquid phase.

I was wondering too and I go to my post op visit tomorrow so I will ask. But same for protein requirements and I try to stay btwn 500-600 too

Ok stage 2 & 3 Sleever's -- What's for Breakfast?

First I get 20 ounces of Water out of the way. I use the propel to wake up and take my meds, than I sit and relax with a nice cup of tea.

Propel Zero - berry Nutrient Enhanced Water Beverage, 12fl oz

0 cal, 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 gm Protein

Bentley's - Minty Mint Green Tea, 1 cup

0 cal, 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 gm protein

About 20 mins later I enjoy my nice and cream shake!

Kroger Carb Master Yogurt - strawberry, 3 oz (1/2 container)

30cal, 2carbs, 1 fat, 4gm protein

Unjury Protein Shake Strawberry Sorbet, 1 scoop

100 cal, 4carbs, 0 fat, 21 gm protein

Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened (4oz - 1/2 Cup)

15cal, 1carbs, 1 fat, 1 gm protein

Total intake for breakfast:

145 calories, 7 carbs, 2 fat, 26 protein gms

I also used this breakfast for pre-surgery and Stage 1, it is quick and convenient and I will probably keep it always. You can also cut the numbers a little an use the Propel water instead of the almond milk. I often do and it still taste good.

I would be interested in what others are doing.

Thanks, jwestate

Ok -had surgery 2/4 lost 11lb first week, 11lbs second week and 2lbs week three. Little disappointed about last weeks loss! I am on mushy foods, getting at least 60gm Protein da(shakes mostly ) 50-60oz fluids.

I have not started walking yet (cold and wet ) but plan to in 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

I was sleeved the same day, and I've moved on to mushy foods. The plan prefers eating protein to drinking it. Right now I get about 2oz in at each meal. Scrambled eggs, meat ground up (chicken) with gravy or meatballs. I drink a protein supplement 45 minutes later or I have a SF Jello made with unflavored Protein Powder. So far seems to be working pretty well.

I was sleeved on the 19th I felt the same way exactly the same way thinking I was putting my family in jeopardy for an elective surgery. I ended up being in the hospital for three full days. Today is my first day that I actually I'm a little hungry I have an appetite. My stomach feels stretched I see my surgeon tomorrow does anyone else after one week feel the stretching in their stomach and if so where?

I don't know if it's stretching so much as healing. My understanding is that things are pretty swollen, as we heal up, we can eat more. I'm not worried about this though, as I'm still only able to eat about 2oz at a sitting.