Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Don't be nervous! I believe the raglan is for nausea as well. The first day I was completely out of it all day between the anesthesia and the pain meds. Second day was much better I was walking and moving, it really helps with the gas pains! I have pain meds so I really only took them before I went to sleep since we all know how horrible hospital sleep is. I would double check with the Morton because I know they want us off blood thinners. You will do fine though! Just make sure to move as much as you can, sometimes it's even more comfortable then laying in that bed all day!

Its childrens Motrin like ibuprofen, I do not know how to spell lol .. thank you for your advice. Im just anxious to get it over with lol.. Ive never had surgery before so Im obsessing a little bit lol

what I was told specifically by my Dr and his nurse also from the nurses in the pre op room at the hospital you will not want to take any nsaid's like ibuprofen, Motrin, aspirin. NOTHING with aspirin in it. it thins out your blood and can cause issues internally. Please ask your Dr to make sure but that is what ive been told by everyone even on the paperwork I filled out/

Today is 10 days post op and its the 1 st day I feel super dee duper!!! (: off to the grocery store for some power shopping.

>>I was sleeved Feb 20 I'm on full liquid diet. I made a yummy butternut squash Soup put some tofu, chicken, cilantro, chicken broth, salt, pepped, when cooked put it in blender to liquify add more chicken broth and its a yummy liquid butternut squash soup with Protein chicken and tofu.

I have been thinking of adding tofu to soup to boost protein. What type of tofu did you use? (silken, firm, etc.). Did it blenderize nicely? thanks!

what I was told specifically by my Dr and his nurse also from the nurses in the pre op room at the hospital you will not want to take any nsaid's like ibuprofen, Motrin, aspirin. NOTHING with aspirin in it. it thins out your blood and can cause issues internally. Please ask your Dr to make sure but that is what ive been told by everyone even on the paperwork I filled out/

You definitely can't take these pre-op, and my doctor limits for a couple of months after surgery. Then he allows us to take NSAIDs. I also take omeprazole as a gastric-protective agent and will probably continue with it just to be safe. Every doctor is different, but mine is really good about following the current literature and making recommendations based on evidence-based medicine specific to VSG (rather than blanket recs for all bariatric surgery patients). I've checked a few things he has said on Medline/PubMed, and it's all stood up. I respect other doctors' opinions too--just saying that's one of the reasons I picked my surgeon.

I was sleeved on Feb. 19th and feeling ok. I still have incision pain and headaches ever so often but otherwise feeling pretty good. I've been drinking carnation essentials with skim milk and plenty of watered down crystal light. I haven't tried any other food but would love to have a recipe for homemade Tomato Soup. I lost 30lbs on my 2 week pre op but not sure how much I've lost since my surgery because I don't own a scale...lol.

I got on a non t shirt and jeans on today! So excited and they are a little big so they don't hurt my belly. Now off to the grocery store I go.

I still can't wear jeans :( been out but wearing sweatpants.

I got on a non t shirt and jeans on today! So excited and they are a little big so they don't hurt my belly. Now off to the grocery store I go.

Sweet! I put on a pair 3 sizes smaller than my preop jeans and walked around the zoo all day with my wife and kids. I feel great!

Same here, still wearing sweatpants. :unsure: I've lost weight, but I still can't do jeans. It's uncomfortable and I don't want them to rub my incisions. So glad I wear scrubs to work! Looking forward to the day when I put my old jeans on and they are too big. :D

Sweet! I put on a pair 3 sizes smaller than my preop jeans and walked around the zoo all day with my wife and kids. I feel great!

That is awesome!!! 3 sizes??? Holy cow ha ha mine are same size as before surgery but they were the ones that didn't really fit cuz they were too tight. But now they fit and are a little big but very comfortable on my belly. But after after 2 hrs of walking around and sitting for 30 min when I got home I couldn't wait to get in my pj's and oversized t shirt lol (:

And I will be going back to work on the 13th of March (I will of had a month off work) and back to putting on the monkey suit! (I work for a government agency and we dont have very flattering uniforms lol)

Last night was my 1st night of being able to sleep on my right side!!! I slept until 10am! Ha ha I needed that. And I didnt take any pain meds either. And then today was the bestv I have felt in 10 days! I hope this continues (:

Going to dr Wed to see how much I way and bombard them with questions. But as of Fri i was down 22lbs.

I could not take it any more! I was weak and was going down the coffee isle at the store and yup my favorite coffee grabbed me and brought me over and said buy me! I DID!!! I had my 1st cup of coffee in about 2 months and let me tell you it is awesome!!!! I know I cant do it every day and that is why I also bought Decaf (:

I need to quit weighing myself every day..