Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gummie Multi Vitimans...Thoughts anyone?

I cannot tolerate any other Vitamins. My doctor said they were fine, and that I just needed to take a double dose.

I was using one of the Centrum chewables for a while but just made me feel sick so I switched to gummies, we'll see in another month when I get my blood work done how these Vitamins are doing lol

As others posted its gummies or nothing at this point. :)

During my per op classes we were told NO gummie vitimans. But' date=' honestly I can not tolerate the other chewable Multi vitimans I have tried. I know I can handle gummie vitimans as I had those per op. I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts on this subject. Thank you in advance for your advise!

[/quote']

I take Gummy Vitamins for my B-12. I just chew chew chew and I have not had any issues. I wasn't told not to take gummy vitamins though.

My surgeon approved Gummy ones for me

I was told no as well. The reason being, they have no Iron. That's why they taste to yummy! I bought a bunch and now have no use.

It's better than nothing but watch for deficiencies.

For a while it was the gummies or nothing for me, too. I finally wound up on a chewable prenatal that was complete and didn't make me ill (BellyBar Chewable Prenatals) that was given the okay by my doc even before I got pregnant.

In addition to my daily prenatal I still need a prescription Iron supplement (but I've been borderline anemic my whole life) and I take B12 injections. sublingual B12 wasn't cutting it for me, and ferrous sulfate (the most common OTC iron) makes me so sick it's impossible.

I also found that the farther out I got, the more things I could tolerate that weren't possible for me before. So at this point, gummies might be your best option, but keep trying other things every now and again because there really are better options out there.

~Cheri

My nutritionist said they don't have Iron in them so if I take the gunmies I have to take a separate iron Vitamin. I am looking everywhere for a Gummy with iron. I guess iron is what makes them taste bad and that's why the gunmies don't have iron in them.

I take a Gummy from costco that has all but Iron and B12. I take a sublingual b12 and a separate iron chewable (chocolate which masks the flavor) as well as separate Calcium (as you shouldn't take calcium with iron). I like the gummies from costco and they are recommended by my surgeon and nut WITH the added others. It works for me. :) My blood work keeps coming back great.

I take a Iron supplement from my doctor's office. These are not bad at all. They come in a few flavors but I do the grape

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/iron/iron-c-chewable/iron-c-30-mg-chewable-grape-30-day.html

I also do the grape flavored Multivitamin. It has a little aftertaste but it is bearable

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/multivitamin/multivitamin-chewables/multivitamin-chewable-grape-30-day.html

I told my surgeon about the BA chewables. He said I could have gummies or flintstones. I chose Gummy flintstones!! BA does make a chew gel for Vitamin D that has 10,000 iu. And they can't make one for the Multivitamin? I'm also taking a Calcium chew. Why are these different than the god awful chalky ones? I do take a double does of the flintstones Vitamins.< /p>

Sounds silly but I take an adult dose of the Flintstones gummie Vitamins. It's the only Vitamin I can take without getting deeply sick to my stomach. They have B12 and Niacin in them too, 6 months post-op and I've been taking them since day one. My bloodwork was normal when I just had it done so they must be working.

I take a Iron supplement from my doctor's office. These are not bad at all. They come in a few flavors but I do the grape

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/iron/iron-c-chewable/iron-c-30-mg-chewable-grape-30-day.html

I also do the grape flavored multivitamin. It has a little aftertaste but it is bearable

http://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/multivitamin/multivitamin-chewables/multivitamin-chewable-grape-30-day.html

Is there a kind that taste decent? I bought some the other day to try and replace them for my gunmies but the after taste was horrible (I'm guessing from the iron)

Oops I quoted the wrong post. Hehe oh well :D

The Iron Vitamin has a better grape taste then the multivitamin. I haven't tried any other flavors because I'm worried that they may be not pleasing to my taste buds

With two Vsg's in the house we have so many different forms of Vitamins that they have their own cabinet - way more than any food or condiment (even with the amount we used to eat) I swear i have tried everything - what seems to work for me is switching it up. I took Bariatric Advantage everything for a long time, until the thought of another berry chewable Vitamin made me very sad. (that french vanilla flavor - whoever invented that has a special spot in he** lol.)

We have liquid Vitamins, chewables, capsules - I was soooo excited when cleared to take bariatic capsules at 3 months post surgery, only to find they make me violently sick - my husband can take all three at once and feel just fine. We have drinks - am drinking an ENS chocolate milk with 25 g Protein and multivits as I type - not bad - Celebrate has some good stuff. Some of the Vitamin drinks (we have ones by Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage) are good as well but you constantly have to shake them so they dont settle and get 'sandy' - blech. I have Calcium tablets, chewies, liquids - a different form for just about everything :)

I also use Gummy Fiber supplements, magnesium tabs, etc - the laxative/bowel supplement area is very well stocked as well :)

My best advice is to try a lot of different things - sometimes I am just too queezy (sp) for caps or bariatric chewables so I do drinks, liquid vitamins, and gummies - other times it is just fine. Both of our recent 6 month labs were splendid - though hubby could up the calcium a wee bit, and I was a bit low on potassium. Plus mixing it makes things more interesting, if we have to take these things for life might as well make it more interesting right?