Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

Does anyone feel they are able to swallow a lot more now? I'm nervous it's too much but I guess there's a long way between day 1 post op and a sip every 15 min. And now.

Does anyone feel they are able to swallow a lot more now? I'm nervous it's too much but I guess there's a long way between day 1 post op and a sip every 15 min. And now.

I can drink 20 oz of Isopure in 60-90 minutes. Usually closer to 60, but it depends what else I've had before that. I don't know if I am drinking too quickly or not. I guess I will find out on Wednesday when I see the doctor. If I eat/drink Soup or Protein shakes (that are thicker), it takes more time. Swallowing is more challenging with thicker things, but I haven't vomited or had a feeling of food being "stuck."

They sell stuff in the doctors office too. I bought samples to try. So far the vanilla is the only one that is ok but I am all out of samples and the office is an hour away. They do approve of the carnation....not sure about boost though. Where do you get trader joes? Also....do you know the kind at costco? Thanks for responding. I appreciate it,

They might sell pure Protein 35 grams elsewhere. I havent triex costcos 39 grams of orotein drink. I just heard it was good. Best of luck!

Hi SARS

I takes me a while just to finish a 10 oz crystal light but I can drink plain Water pretty fast lol

Well. I am not sure how to start a new thread, but it kind of goes with this topic. I am two weeks post op. Yesterday and today I am really struggling with getting down my Protein Drinks to get the required amount in. I can hardly stand the taste anymore of most of the ones I have. I am feeling emotional and frustrated.....so that isn't helping things. Any advice or suggestions ...which Protein drinks do you find you like? I have the Premier Protein, carnation Breakfast, and boost. I have some Soups too but they make me gassy. Sorry I am complaining. Thanks for "listening."

I found that muscle milk light (sold at costco) went down really well. It's not thick at all, almost like the thinness of 1% milk. It tasted pretty good too. i'm also drinking nectar chocolate truffle protein mix. I mix it with milk in a protein shaker and it's not gritty at all! i can down about 8oz in a 20-30 mins. I can finish a bottle of Water in an hour

yes! i can. i find that i can eat a lot more than 2-3 table spoons too. I can eat about a half a cup of pureed food. I'm still trying to figure out when I'm full because often I'm left feeling a little ill. (Doesn't help that I have a cold too)

yes! i can. i find that i can eat a lot more than 2-3 table spoons too. I can eat about a half a cup of pureed food. I'm still trying to figure out when I'm full because often I'm left feeling a little ill. (Doesn't help that I have a cold too)

Sorry you have a cold. I had a low-grade fever for a few days between week 1 and week 2. I don't think it was surgery related. I think I caught a virus from my 4-year old. re: purees/shakes - I can eat get down a whole cup. I can't "chug," but it goes down pretty easily. Makes me wonder how "real" food will be. I am very anxious about seeing my doctor tomorrow. I haven't even hit double digits in weight loss (post-surgery weight only). I have been on full-liquids/purees since day 1, so I am sure that is part of the story. I wasn't told to drink broth for a week, which would have been lower calorie. But, it is what it is. Can't help but feel anxious.

Had my 2 week follow-up @ Friday. Doctor surprised that I said I was hungry. He said that it was possibly because I was not waiting long enough after meals to start drinking. Trying to wait longer, and seems to be helping.

Went back to work yesterday. Started off alright, but once I started moving around and bending over alot the spot where my actual stomach was removed was burning like fire on the inside (is this normal?). I almost called it quits a few times and went home, but once I slowed down the pain subsided (Thank GOD).

And is it just me, or does it feel like my taste buds were removed too!! I was SO looking for to the week of puree because I could have some normal food...but nothing tastes good. I love refried Beans, but they were just blah. Any suggestions?

Hey 17th-ers! Things are going well here. I started puréed and now am beginning to understand the full feeling. It's weird because I just sort of stop after a few bites because I think I am full. A few times I have waited and taken another bite and got this weird pain-like feeling, so I am learning to recognize what full is now. In can eat most of one egg scrambled with fat free milk to make it thinner in consistency. I also ate some cheese grits from Whole Foods which were beyond amazing! No weight loss since I started puréed food, but not really worried. 262 week prior to surgery when I started pre-op diet and now 239! I've been bad about Protein intake since changing to puréed. That will change when I go back to work tomorrow as I will be back on Protein shakes (2 per day) as part of my routine I established pre-op. My only complaint is that I've had two days in a row now where I was up all night because of restless leg syndrome. I am guessing it is due to Vitamin deficiency and have added banana to my morning Protein shake to boost the potassium. Anyone else experience this?

Sleeved 12/17/12 and enjoying the adventure!

Hey 17th-ers! Things are going well here. I started puréed and now am beginning to understand the full feeling. It's weird because I just sort of stop after a few bites because I think I am full. A few times I have waited and taken another bite and got this weird pain-like feeling, so I am learning to recognize what full is now. In can eat most of one egg scrambled with fat free milk to make it thinner in consistency. I also ate some cheese grits from Whole Foods which were beyond amazing! No weight loss since I started puréed food, but not really worried. 262 week prior to surgery when I started pre-op diet and now 239! I've been bad about Protein intake since changing to puréed. That will change when I go back to work tomorrow as I will be back on Protein shakes (2 per day) as part of my routine I established pre-op. My only complaint is that I've had two days in a row now where I was up all night because of restless leg syndrome. I am guessing it is due to Vitamin deficiency and have added banana to my morning protein shake to boost the potassium. Anyone else experience this?

Sleeved 12/17/12 and enjoying the adventure!

Yes.....my legs have had that restless feeling too. I had problems with that last spring but it went away. The past two nights it has been back. I found stretching helped some. Let me know if the postassium helps. I am taking my Vitamin like doc said....maybe there isn't enough potassium in it.

Banana pants

How long were you on full liquids ? My doctor is wanting me on full liquids for to weeks and then I can have purée foods ...

I am a little jealous of you ! lol

Reply back soon and enjoy the rest of your day

I am still on full liquids too. I have an appointment with the nutritionist Friday to learn more about the next phase. I am so ready to move on. I have had a scrambled egg made thinner with milk twice this week....but only was blue to eat half. It tasted good.

I am still on full liquids too. I have an appointment with the nutritionist Friday to learn more about the next phase. I am so ready to move on. I have had a scrambled egg made thinner with milk twice this week....but only was blue to eat half. It tasted good.

In theory I was allowed full liquids/puréed as soon as I left hospital...it was probably around day four that I tried puréed, but I had permission.

In theory I was allowed full liquids/puréed as soon as I left hospital...it was probably around day four that I tried puréed, but I had permission.

Every doctor is different....and that's ok. : ) What kind of puréed stuff have you eaten? And what do you use to purée it?

Btw.....I noticed my iPad autocorrect and put in the word "blue" for able. Funny.

Good luck to you.

Every doctor is different....and that's ok. : ) What kind of puréed stuff have you eaten? And what do you use to purée it?

Btw.....I noticed my iPad autocorrect and put in the word "blue" for able. Funny.

Good luck to you.

I have an I pad too. I think most people understand autocorrect. ;-)

I bought lentil Soup in cans. I puréed it in a Magic Bullet blender with 2tbsps powdered milk for extra Protein. Also added unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon to my yogurt shakes. Since the applesauce was homemade, it was chunky before pureeing. Today I ate soft food for first time. Ate cooked green Beans 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup mashed potatoes. Didn't worry too much about the potatoes, but I chewed the Beans well.