Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

Okay sleevers, I need your help. Like most of you, I got sleeved on the 17th and I'm having problems with getting my Protein in. I cannot stand the taste or its too sweet for me to tolerate. Does anyone know of a unflavored Protein Drink or powder I can use? I'm tired of wasting my money on useless products.

Okay sleevers, I need your help. Like most of you, I got sleeved on the 17th and I'm having problems with getting my Protein in. I cannot stand the taste or its too sweet for me to tolerate. Does anyone know of a unflavored protein drink or powder I can use? I'm tired of wasting my money on useless products.

I was doing well getting in my protein, however the past couple days I have really struggled. In another thread someone posted that protein blitz grape drink is pretty good. It has 40 grams of Proteins. I am going shopping this weekend and going to see if I can find it. Unjury makes and unflavored powder you can add to stuff. Not sure how it affects the taste. Good luck to you.

I keep reading about people who are not as happy with their two week weight loss. Well, I've officially only lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks and 2 days...following doctor's instructions on eating and exercise. He tried to comfort me with the magical words "everyone is different," but he admitted that typical weight loss is 15-20 lbs. it's very discouraging because I am on 600-800 calories/day which would have felt like starving before the surgery. Of course, I am not hungry now, but it's only a matter of time and we do get our appetite back...Sigh...

I am on my phone and i just wrote a very longresponse and deleted it. Frustrating. Basicslly what i said was that this is about math. If yiu stick yo sll aspects of yiur docyirs plan, the weight WILL come off, likely a few pounds a week. Dont get discouraged. I am diwn 10 pounds for the first teo weekz. I sm thinking good thoughts fir you.

I am on my phone and i just wrote a very longresponse and deleted it. Frustrating. Basicslly what i said was that this is about math. If yiu stick yo sll aspects of yiur docyirs plan' date=' the weight WILL come off, likely a few pounds a week. Dont get discouraged. I am diwn 10 pounds for the first teo weekz. I sm thinking good thoughts fir you.[/quote']

Thanks for encouragement...I know you are walking every day, but I am curious the duration and the rate (if known). I only began walking for an hour without stopping this week. To be honest, walking outside isn't really that much fun, because it is COLD (30s), so I have been borrowing my neighbor's treadmill. Well, the first time I used the treadmill for an hour, I had a lot of acid reflux afterwards, so I know that I could not have used it that long last week. Generally I have no pain in my abdomen and I can bend, but walking only 3MPH on the treadmill gets my stomach all upset.

I keep reading about people who are not as happy with their two week weight loss. Well' date=' I've officially only lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks and 2 days...following doctor's instructions on eating and exercise. He tried to comfort me with the magical words "everyone is different," but he admitted that typical weight loss is 15-20 lbs. it's very discouraging because I am on 600-800 calories/day which would have felt like starving before the surgery. Of course, I am not hungry now, but it's only a matter of time and we do get our appetite back...Sigh...[/quote']

How do you get that many calories in a day. I can't even get 300 calories a day.

Thanks for encouragement...I know you are walking every day' date=' but I am curious the duration and the rate (if known). I only began walking for an hour without stopping this week. To be honest, walking outside isn't really that much fun, because it is COLD (30s), so I have been borrowing my neighbor's treadmill. Well, the first time I used the treadmill for an hour, I had a lot of acid reflux afterwards, so I know that I could not have used it that long last week. Generally I have no pain in my abdomen and I can bend, but walking only 3MPH on the treadmill gets my stomach all upset.[/quote']

We had a someone come talk to us and told us to start with 10 min 6 days a week. Each week add 10%. So far that has helped me. Good luck

We had a someone come talk to us and told us to start with 10 min 6 days a week. Each week add 10%. So far that has helped me. Good luck

Re: calories - I am definitely able to consume the target of 600-800 calories. I was never on a clear liquid diet post surgery. That being said, my doctor's other patients are told the same thing and they still lose 15-20 lbs on average. As for walking, I have the stamina to walk for a long time, the problem is that I am on my neighbor's treadmill and I don't want to be going back and forth to her house too much, so I stay on for an hour. The treadmill kind of jostles me and I think that is what upsets my stomach (versus natural walking outside). I have a pedometer and even when I walk on the treadmill, I am still not up to 10,000 steps a day. That is really my first goal...to get to that target.

Re: calories - I am definitely able to consume the target of 600-800 calories. I was never on a clear liquid diet post surgery. That being said' date=' my doctor's other patients are told the same thing and they still lose 15-20 lbs on average. As for walking, I have the stamina to walk for a long time, the problem is that I am on my neighbor's treadmill and I don't want to be going back and forth to her house too much, so I stay on for an hour. The treadmill kind of jostles me and I think that is what upsets my stomach (versus natural walking outside). I have a pedometer and even when I walk on the treadmill, I am still not up to 10,000 steps a day. That is really my first goal...to get to that target.[/quote']

Oh...and my doctor told me yesterday that he wants me to do a minimum of an hour of walking a day. He said I could break it up into smaller chunks of walking, but again, I am relying on the treadmill. If I go to a shopping mall, I have to take my four kids with me and it's less speedy walking.

Thanks for encouragement...I know you are walking every day, but I am curious the duration and the rate (if known). I only began walking for an hour without stopping this week. To be honest, walking outside isn't really that much fun, because it is COLD (30s), so I have been borrowing my neighbor's treadmill. Well, the first time I used the treadmill for an hour, I had a lot of acid reflux afterwards, so I know that I could not have used it that long last week. Generally I have no pain in my abdomen and I can bend, but walking only 3MPH on the treadmill gets my stomach all upset.

If you are not enjoying it, you will stop doing it. Better to go down to 2.5 or 2 mikes an hour and not mske yourself miserable.

If you are not enjoying it' date=' you will stop doing it. Better to go down to 2.5 or 2 mikes an hour and not mske yourself miserable.[/quote']

I grew up on a farm. I am a little old-fashioned in that I consider this mild discomfort. It's not enough to dissuade me from exercise. I am allergic to hay and I had to help my parents move hale bales, etc. That was worse. ;-)

It's also how I viewed pain after the surgery. To me, the only time I have ever felt like a 10 on the pain scale is when I delivered babies without any epidurals/pain reducers. Now, granted, unlike some, my doc did not have to do any additional surgery on me (re: hernias, gall bladders, etc) when I got my sleeve done. Also, I wasn't given a drain, which does not sound appealing. In any case, post surgery, my pain was never worse than a 5 and that was only while I was in the hospital.

But, Miss Meeganlee, I always appreciate your concern and encouragement. I definitely consider you a "friend" on this forum.

I grew up on a farm. I am a little old-fashioned in that I consider this mild discomfort. It's not enough to dissuade me from exercise. I am allergic to hay and I had to help my parents move hale bales, etc. That was worse. ;-)

It's also how I viewed pain after the surgery. To me, the only time I have ever felt like a 10 on the pain scale is when I delivered babies without any epidurals/pain reducers. Now, granted, unlike some, my doc did not have to do any additional surgery on me (re: hernias, gall bladders, etc) when I got my sleeve done. Also, I wasn't given a drain, which does not sound appealing. In any case, post surgery, my pain was never worse than a 5 and that was only while I was in the hospital.

But, Miss Meeganlee, I always appreciate your concern and encouragement. I definitely consider you a "friend" on this forum

Likewise! I have to figure out how to make people friends on the site. I just did a very light jog and went for an hour. I was beyond thrilled. Going very slow..... have a great day!

Was cleared for elliptical yesterday, so a friend watched my kids so I could go back to the gym. Did an hour on the elliptical...Still slow....Only did three miles and 1/4 in an hour, but at least nothing hurt. I am going to have to get faster if I want to get 10,000 steps in a day. Even with the elliptical, I am just over 8,000, but it's unlikely that the movement around the house is going to give me another 2,000 steps by bedtime.

Hello Everyone. I am not new to the forum but new to all of you. I was sleeved on Dec. 17 as well and am down 15lbs. from 180. I feel really good about this. I am unable to get all of my Protein in or my liquid at this point. I have vomited a few times I think from eating too fast or that one bite too many.

I did have a bleeding complication after surgery and my blood pressure dropped to 90/30 and I passed out in the hospital. I ended up having a blood transfusion with 3 bags of plasma too. I ended up staying in the hospital a couple extra nights. I came home with my drain tube in for 13 extra days. I got it out this last Monday. I went back to work today and did pretty well considering how extremely weak and tired I have been every day. Drying my hair takes forever because I have to stop several times to rest my arms. I am on the mend though.

I fell like I have stalled the last few days on the weight loss. Yesterday I was really not able to eat anything because it made me feel sick. Today was a better day and that seems to help the scale move. I think our bodies go into shock and I know for me when I don't eat enough food I will not lose weight. I spent the first 10 days on Clear Liquids and then 10 more on pureed. I get to move to soft foods like fish, tuna, soft chicken, eggs etc. next Monday and I cannot wait. I am going to meet a couple girl friends tomorrow night and I think I might actually order some chicken brochettes (they are really soft and tasty) and chew them up really good.

One last thing. I am still very badly bruised and really swollen. How long did everyone stay swollen and sore? I am also sore on the right side of my body which is weird to me because isn't the stomach on the left side? Anyway nice to meet you all and hope we all keep up with each other on this thread since we are all on the same time line.

Hello Everyone. I am not new to the forum but new to all of you. I was sleeved on Dec. 17 as well and am down 15lbs. from 180. I feel really good about this. I am unable to get all of my Protein in or my liquid at this point. I have vomited a few times I think from eating too fast or that one bite too many.

I did have a bleeding complication after surgery and my blood pressure dropped to 90/30 and I passed out in the hospital. I ended up having a blood transfusion with 3 bags of plasma too. I ended up staying in the hospital a couple extra nights. I came home with my drain tube in for 13 extra days. I got it out this last Monday. I went back to work today and did pretty well considering how extremely weak and tired I have been every day. Drying my hair takes forever because I have to stop several times to rest my arms. I am on the mend though.

I fell like I have stalled the last few days on the weight loss. Yesterday I was really not able to eat anything because it made me feel sick. Today was a better day and that seems to help the scale move. I think our bodies go into shock and I know for me when I don't eat enough food I will not lose weight. I spent the first 10 days on clear liquids and then 10 more on pureed. I get to move to soft foods like fish' date=' tuna, soft chicken, eggs etc. next Monday and I cannot wait. I am going to meet a couple girl friends tomorrow night and I think I might actually order some chicken brochettes (they are really soft and tasty) and chew them up really good.

One last thing. I am still very badly bruised and really swollen. How long did everyone stay swollen and sore? I am also sore on the right side of my body which is weird to me because isn't the stomach on the left side? Anyway nice to meet you all and hope we all keep up with each other on this thread since we are all on the same time line.[/quote']

I wonder if your bruising has to do with the need for a blood transfusion and plasma? I don't have any bruising...just scars where incisions are...And speaking of incisions, the right incision is the spot where they take out the removed stomach. That location was most painful for me when I had pain.

I have been exceedingly healthy post-surgery, but ihaven't lost much weight. We are on different food protocols even though we were sleeved the same day.

Have you tried Isopure green tea? It's like Snapple but with 40g of protein in a clear liquid. One bottle accounts for half my protein requirements.

I think I will try the Isopure. As long as it is not too sweet. Sweet makes me kind of icky feeling now.

I don't know why I am so bruised but it is pretty black and large. My incisions are great even where the drain tube was left in for so long.

I am really trying to get 2 Protein Shakes in a day for sure to get 50 grams. Work went pretty well today but I am pooped for the day and down on the couch until bed. Everyone needs to really take it as easy as possible to get their energy back.