Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

Hello everyone! I too was sleeved on the 17th. I am doing well also.....a couple slips but with soft foods. I am too scared to eat anything hard or crunchy after reading some of the threads of those who have had leaks. The past two days I struggled with getting in all my Protein. Ugh. So tired of the protein shakes.....but know I need to push through and in one week I can move to the next phase. I went and bought a couple different brands of the shakes. One tasted awful and the other was ok. I am so thankful for this website and fellow sleevers to chat with. The support and feedback is helping me get through this so much. I did get to the gym twice and walked the treadmill for 20 min and rode the stationary bike for 20. The first time I was tired and took a nap when I got home.....second time, yesterday, I felt pretty good after. I am just taking one day at a time. Happy New Year everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about the vomiting! is it because you just moved to pureed foods or has it been vomiting through out the two weeks post op?

Thanks castiel

I'm still on sips of fluids I vomited continuously in week 1 it subsided on Christmas Day but has returned today. Oh well on the plus side the weight is dissolving!

Thanks castiel

I'm still on sips of fluids I vomited continuously in week 1 it subsided on Christmas Day but has returned today. Oh well on the plus side the weight is dissolving!

Hope you feel better. I haven't had any vomiting, but I guess if it continues, you will see your doctor.

I was sleeved on 12/17 also. I'm down 11 pounds (230 the day of & now 219 today). The gas I mostly gone. I'm not hungry but I do miss regular food. I find myself thinking about it but then I get on the forum or find something to keep me busy so I don't think about it much. I'm scared to try to eat.regular food in fear of not knowing what may happen to my sleeve. So I'm really trying hard to stick to the diet. Really looking forward to having tuna & chicken out the can, canned fruit and eggs next week. Can't wait to make me some tuna salad and devil eggs.

I was sleeved on 12/17 also. I'm down 11 pounds (230 the day of & now 219 today). The gas I mostly gone. I'm not hungry but I do miss regular food. I find myself thinking about it but then I get on the forum or find something to keep me busy so I don't think about it much. I'm scared to try to eat.regular food in fear of not knowing what may happen to my sleeve. So I'm really trying hard to stick to the diet. Really looking forward to having tuna & chicken out the can, canned fruit and eggs next week. Can't wait to make me some tuna salad and devil eggs.

me too! mmmm eggs and fish :]

Hope you feel better. I haven't had any vomiting' date=' but I guess if it continues, you will see your doctor.[/quote']

Certainly will do. Xx

Two weeks post op and I feel great. I've lost 28 pounds. 10 pre op. I was so excited when I weighed myself. Hope everyone has a happy new year!!

Well. I am not sure how to start a new thread, but it kind of goes with this topic. I am two weeks post op. Yesterday and today I am really struggling with getting down my Protein Drinks to get the required amount in. I can hardly stand the taste anymore of most of the ones I have. I am feeling emotional and frustrated.....so that isn't helping things. Any advice or suggestions ...which Protein drinks do you find you like? I have the Premier Protein, carnation Breakfast, and boost. I have some Soups too but they make me gassy. Sorry I am complaining. Thanks for "listening."

Well. I am not sure how to start a new thread' date=' but it kind of goes with this topic. I am two weeks post op. Yesterday and today I am really struggling with getting down my Protein drinks to get the required amount in. I can hardly stand the taste anymore of most of the ones I have. I am feeling emotional and frustrated.....so that isn't helping things. Any advice or suggestions ...which Protein drinks do you find you like? I have the Premier Protein, carnation breakfast, and boost. I have some Soups too but they make me gassy. Sorry I am complaining. Thanks for "listening."[/quote']

Have you tried the Isopure (premixed) protein drinks? They are CLEAR. The only one I have tried so far is "green tea" (kind of Snapple-tea flavored). It makes my mouth a little dry, BUT it's 40 g of protein and it goes down like Water (not thick). I can only meet protein goals if I drink one of these bottles. I bought mine at GNC, but I hear you can get it lots of places including Amazon.com. I would not buy a ton of it until you see if you can tolerate it.

Personally, I have lost the least amount of weight of anyone on these boards, but I think it has to do with my hypothyroidism. I've been following my dietary guidelines.

Have you tried the Isopure (premixed) Protein drinks? They are CLEAR. The only one I have tried so far is "green tea" (kind of Snapple-tea flavored). It makes my mouth a little dry, BUT it's 40 g of Protein and it goes down like Water (not thick). I can only meet protein goals if I drink one of these bottles. I bought mine at GNC, but I hear you can get it lots of places including Amazon.com. I would not buy a ton of it until you see if you can tolerate it.

Personally, I have lost the least amount of weight of anyone on these boards, but I think it has to do with my hypothyroidism. I've been following my dietary guidelines.

I have not tried that...but will go get some either tomorrow or Wednesday.....we have GNC stuff in our Rite Aid store. I hope they have it. Thanks for responding. I wiill let you know how it goes.

Hello everyone! I too was sleeved on the 17th. I am doing well also.....a couple slips but with soft foods. I am too scared to eat anything hard or crunchy after reading some of the threads of those who have had leaks. The past two days I struggled with getting in all my Protein. Ugh. So tired of the Protein shakes.....but know I need to push through and in one week I can move to the next phase. I went and bought a couple different brands of the shakes. One tasted awful and the other was ok. I am so thankful for this website and fellow sleevers to chat with. The support and feedback is helping me get through this so much. I did get to the gym twice and walked the treadmill for 20 min and rode the stationary bike for 20. The first time I was tired and took a nap when I got home.....second time, yesterday, I felt pretty good after. I am just taking one day at a time. Happy New Year everyone.

Everyone has different protocols from our doctors. Kaiser doesnt consider boost ir carnation Protein drinks. They want us ti drink the trader joes ones called pure Protein, with 35 grams of protien and 170 cal.tgey taste like a chocolate or vanilla soda withour carbonation. They also reccomend one from costco with 39 grams. Maybe try one of those?

Hey everyone!!! I am new to this site and just wanted to "hang-out" around people that "really" understand this new journey I'm going through. I really hope I get to "meet" new friends to chat and swap stories with. Hope to hear from u soon.

Everyone has different protocols from our doctors. Kaiser doesnt consider boost ir carnation Protein drinks. They want us ti drink the trader joes ones called pure Protein, with 35 grams of protien and 170 cal.tgey taste like a chocolate or vanilla soda withour carbonation. They also reccomend one from costco with 39 grams. Maybe try one of those?

They sell stuff in the doctors office too. I bought samples to try. So far the vanilla is the only one that is ok but I am all out of samples and the office is an hour away. They do approve of the carnation....not sure about boost though. Where do you get trader joes? Also....do you know the kind at costco? Thanks for responding. I appreciate it,