Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

I don't have hunger, exactly, but I'm more tempted to eat things than I thought I would be. I think the Water is a big part of it. When I am good on the water, it helps. I'm also journaling on myfitnesspal.com, which is a big help. If I have to log it in, I'm better. I see my dr. on Monday, and plan to start riding my bike again after that. I'm hoping that 1/3 surgery, 1/3 diet, 1/3 working out model is correct, and that the extra physical activity will keep me on steady weight loss. I know it will be slower for me than most of you, because I started with a low BMI. I'm really feeling like this is a second chance. To really start over and eat the way I would like to for the rest of my life. I want to take this seriously, and respect the surgery we all just did. It is such a gift. But, it is challenging. I know we will all benefit from this experience. Wishing us all good luck!

I was sleeved Dec. 16th and I am down 16 lbs since surgery. It has been hard dealing with the "head hunger" but I have been hanging in there. Making time to walk...I have no pain...just the occasional stretch of one of the cuts that seems to be bugging me. No pain meds...still wondering if I made the right choice? I am confident I did! :)

Hi all. I was sleeved on the dec 16 may I join u please?

I'm from the uk. I was 134kg pre preop diet. I am currently 114kg

I still have a very liquid diet due to a paralysed illeus post op.

Hey carasmith! I really like this 17th-era group, and certainly you should join us! Congrats on your success so far. I think getting a paralytic illeus was my biggest post op fear because that would seriously suck. I feel for you and hope things start moving for you soon. Hang in there!

Sleeved 12/17/12 and enjoying the adventure!

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

The whole post op trauma is slowly fading and confidence with drinking is improving. I can manage to drink a whole 40 mls now lol

How are you doing?

Hi all,

Late to the party, but I too was sleeved on the 17th. I've lost 19 lbs as of this morning (5 pre and 14 post). I'm still facing some nausea, especially when taking meds, but it is getting better and I am starting to tolerate full liquids today. I had a hard time over the holidays with all the food...my brother is a foodie/chef and went all out, so I definitely did some chewing and spitting, which was somewhat satisfying.

After surgery I started having a recurring nightmare about going out with friends, forgetting I'd had surgery and taking a big bite of one of my favorite foods. Then I would panic, realizing what Id done, the friends call 911 and I am rushed to the emergency room....needless to say, my fear of ruining the surgery trumps my need to chew.

And I also cannot wait until my solid foods phase in 17 more days!!! :)

Meeganlee - I use my fitness pal also it has been helpful with tracking

I was sleeved on the. 10th and down 14 pounds. I am approaching the three week stall :/

Okay... I gave a few things to confess. Maybe coming clean with some things will help me get back on track. I've been having a really difficult time with head hunger. It started with chewing and spitting out food. Christmas cookies' date=' buttered bread . Then I started putting Hershey kisses in my mouth and letting them melt. WHY AM I STRUGGLING SO Much?! In the last few days I've had the hardest time controlling myself.... Sneaking bites of Mac and cheese or eating Pringles.... I don't understand what is wrong with me!! I don't blend or strain my creamed Soups... I guess I expected to get sick and learn my lesson, but nothing I've eaten has mad me sick....yet. I thought I was strong! i thought I could do this!! I need preyers.... And therapy. I'm sorry. I feel like a failure. Please don't ignore this post. I need feedback. Even if its just to chew me out![/quote']

This may sound weird this is what I'm thinking about doing every time my family has something that looks good I feel like if I take my portion and put them in the a box and put it in the fridge then at the end of the week throw it away I might feel better because at least I feel like I got my portion I just choice not to eat it u kno feel like your in control instead of the food being in control of you that might help I kno wasting food but I don't kno it sounds like an idea maybe

This may sound weird this is what I'm thinking about doing every time my family has something that looks good I feel like if I take my portion and put them in the a box and put it in the fridge then at the end of the week throw it away I might feel better because at least I feel like I got my portion I just choice not to eat it u kno feel like your in control instead of the food being in control of you that might help I kno wasting food but I don't kno it sounds like an idea maybe

I really like this idea! I will definitely try doing that!!! Thank you!

What a brilliant idea

Quick question...What is everyone using to puree the small amounts of food we will be eating in this next phase?

Roseanna

Hi all - also late to the party. I was sleeved on 12/17 also, and so far so good. Lost 15 pounds since surgery date. I am a slow loser, so I'm happy with that. CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE ON TO REAL food TOMORROW!!! I am getting so tired of the liquid diet.

Last week was worse for me with the head hunger. Had a day when I was so grumpy and frustrated with wanting to eat and watching my family eat. I upped my Water (actually put in some crystal light to get it down easier) and that really helped. I turned a corner and the next day I was in a better frame of mind.

This has been really hard. Like the hardest thing I have ever done to lose weight. But no regrets from me!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Roseanne I will be using my magic bullet to purée my food

Quick question...What is everyone using to puree the small amounts of food we will be eating in this next phase?

Roseanna

I'll be using my regular blender until the Nutri Bullet I ordered gets here.