Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

I'm down 13.8.

Last Thurs & Fri were rough on the head hunger.

I'm looking forward to eating something other than a Protein Shake. Having French onion Soup and cream of mushroom at various holiday gatherings this week.

Still having a hard time getting in all my liquids.< /p>

I go back to the NUT on Jan. 3 for the next phase.

How are you doing?

Hey there-

Doing fairly well. I honestly can't believe a week ago I was in my hospital room wondering what the heck did I do?

The pain is almost non-existent now and I really feel almost back to normal physically. I usually eat 2-3 Protein shakes a day, some cream Soup, pudding, and greek yogurt. I can't always get all of it down, though, especially the shakes. Today I bought myself some sugar-free italian ices to enjoy. I have lost about 9-10 pounds so far- down to 262 from 272 on surgery day. I am feeling good so far but so ready to go into the next phase!

-Kendra

I'm feeling so ready for more food, not hungry necessarily but just feel like my sleeve it's ready (yes, I'm aware it's still healing). So, today I had a piece of deli sliced ham with feta cheese rolled up in it. It was delish, satisfying, and no pain whatsoever. Considering I have yet to get my Protein in with liquids, at least I chose protein foods to cheat with, lol

I'm a 17th-er too! Down 21 lbs since week prior to surgery (253 day of and 241 today)! I'm on an every-other-day schedule as far as how I'm feeling. One day great, the next kinda blah. I think I'm over doing the activity and under medicating the pain. Today is a more down day and right side pain is about a level 7 constant so I just took pain meds. Treating myself tonight to egg drop Soup and so excited about it. Looking forward to a nice candlelight service later in the evening and my boyfriend will have to have my helping of the body, but I'm pretty sure God will understand!

Overall - once I made it through the first few days things seem to be going well. No regrets, only excitement for more of this great adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had my sleeve done on the 17th also and I am 12 pounds down also . This head hunger is killing me . I want to eat what every one is eating . I go and see my doctor on Wednesday the 27th .

I had my sleeve done on the 17th also and I am 12 pounds down also . This head hunger is killing me . I want to eat what every one is eating . I go and see my doctor on Wednesday the 27th .

Hi, I am also down 12 lbs since surgery on December 17 and seeing the doctor the 27th. I have had a lot of pain where the tube is and also the staples under the tube. It is very red and painful. My pants and underwear must be rubbing there. Also my belly is shrinking causing the staples to tighten. I can wait until Wednesday to get it all out. It's also very hard for me to get up and down or stand straight and it is killing my back. Have you had any of these problems?

Hi all you December 17 sleevers!!! Glad to hear you are all doing so well. I am doing pretty good. I need my pain meds on refilled but the doctors office has been closed..... But it's tolerable. I'm down about 11 lbs since surgery. food wise some days are good & some days are not so good. Some days I get in plenty of liquids and everything seems okay.....other days I eat what would probably be considered "junk food" and don't have enough protein… Today is one of those days :-(

Hi everyone! I'm also a 17th sleever. I'm down 23 pounds (although I didn't have a pre-op liquid stage so I account the loss to that). Some days I feel normal, and other days I feel so tired I want to cry. Showering actually takes a lot of out of me and leaves me dizzy. It's been hard not eating all week. I wouldn't care if I never had chicken broth EVER AGAIN. I'm having serious head hunger, and I admit to chewing and spitting food at least 4x this week.

Today is my family holiday gathering and my father is making all these delicious foods that I can't eat, and I have to deal with my entire extended family asking me questions, but I'm prepared to defend myself if I get negative comments! I don't regret this surgery one bit, it's just super hard around the holidays. My nana called it modern day torture haha.

I started full liquids yesterday (Monday instead of Tuesday) because I just couldn't wait. I couldn't stand Clear Liquids any longer. But now I know in about 2 days I'll be sick of muscle milk, regular milk, sugar free pudding, and creamy broths. I also stretched my back out in my sleep last night and it pulled on my stomach stitches and holy cow did that burn and wake me up out of a deep sleep! No nausea at all after the first day home. The pain meds have only been used a few times this week after walking around way too much with muscle soreness.

I'm glad to see everyone is doing so well!

I'm feeling so ready for more food, not hungry necessarily but just feel like my sleeve it's ready (yes, I'm aware it's still healing). So, today I had a piece of deli sliced ham with feta cheese rolled up in it. It was delish, satisfying, and no pain whatsoever. Considering I have yet to get my Protein in with liquids, at least I chose Protein foods to cheat with, lol

Holy cow! I'd be so scared of a leak. I did eat a few crumbs of bread and just let them dissolve in my mouth as well as 1/4tbsp of Peanut Butter over the course of 20mins but full on food makes me nervous. Just be careful. Don't want to aggravate the staple lines!

I'm down 13.8.

Last Thurs & Fri were rough on the head hunger.

I'm looking forward to eating something other than a Protein shake. Having French onion Soup and cream of mushroom at various holiday gatherings this week.

Still having a hard time getting in all my liquids.

I go back to the NUT on Jan. 3 for the next phase.

How are you doing?

Glad to see you're doing well. I'm doing okay with the liquids, it's just hard with the Protein since I just started. I'm only getting about 40-50 grams in. My next appointment is on the 28th. Hopefully the doctor and nut will be happy with my progress.

Hi everyone,

I was down 8 pounds at a week, and 9 now. I'm a low BMI patient, so I'm going to lose slower. I'm very happy with my progress. Feeling good. I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a more difficult recovery. I'm still sleeping in a bit, or taking a nap, which is luxurious! I love having two weeks off for the surgery!

I'm feeling ready to have some different food options. Looking forward to that on Monday.

Glad everyone is doing well!

I'm doing great! I am down 11lbs since surgery. I'm still having right side pain, but it is tolerable with an occasional dose of pain meds. The one thing that has really surprised me is how happy I have been since surgery. The first two days at home were rough because I felt so bad but since then it's been great. I have this crazy optimistic outlook that's really carried me through. I find walking really helps me and enjoy doing it every other day (I have multiple sclerosis and find that I'm exhausted the day after exercising so I have to space it out).

Congrats to all of us for making it this far - it's going to be a great adventure!

Sleeved 12/17/12 and enjoying the adventure!

I was sleeved on the 17th also. I am down 19 lbs. my old scrubs fit again!! No more xxl!!! I have ups and down. I feel much better this week than last week. The incisions on my left side are very tender. I am also struggling with wanting to eat. I know want to smell everyone's food! I am too afraid I would swallow something if I tried to chew something, so I won't attempt the "chew and spit" trick. I am getting my liquids, but the Protein is hard. It all is gross.

Okay... I gave a few things to confess. Maybe coming clean with some things will help me get back on track. I've been having a really difficult time with head hunger. It started with chewing and spitting out food. Christmas Cookies, buttered bread . Then I started putting Hershey kisses in my mouth and letting them melt. WHY AM I STRUGGLING SO Much?! In the last few days I've had the hardest time controlling myself.... Sneaking bites of Mac and cheese or eating Pringles.... I don't understand what is wrong with me!! I don't blend or strain my creamed soups... I guess I expected to get sick and learn my lesson, but nothing I've eaten has mad me sick....yet. I thought I was strong! i thought I could do this!! I need preyers.... And therapy. I'm sorry. I feel like a failure. Please don't ignore this post. I need feedback. Even if its just to chew me out!

Hi all! I was also sleeved on the 17th and im doing ok. I find myself thinking about food a lot! I do pretty well with my Protein but dont get ALL my liquids in yet. I haven't done the eat and chew or anything but its like im obsessed with food more now! I stick to yogurt and cottage cheese right now and im full all day. Half a yogurt at a time. I just crave a pickle or something else other than the Soups and so on. I dont own a scale and dont see the doctor til the 3rd but i am already losing my pants lol so ive lost some!!