Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. 17 Sleevers - How are you on week out?

I think if you are in the phase where you are supposed to start eating more solid stuff' date=' you should just try it once a day. My NUT told us (in a group) that we should eat slowly enough that if we feel uncomfortable, stop. So, maybe your serving size is supposed to be 2 tbsp of chicken salad, but maybe you can only handle one tbsp.

How long does it take you to drink the half bottle of crystal light? Is a half bottle a cup (8 oz)?[/quote']

Thanks for responding , I can only have half 8 oz , throughout the day , I even set goals to try to drink a bottle a day but that's nearly impossible.

As far as the chicken salad , It hurts to have e one tbsp. I also tried salmon and I can comfortable eat one bite without it hurting , and the hurt begin in my back which I consider super weird.

I was told 30 mins before and 30 mins after. I think my dizziness yesterday was due to lack of my Water. I did get my Protein Shakes in over the course of the day and had SOME water but not as much as normal. I dont eat anything other than Soup, cottage cheese, string cheese and greek yogurt. Of course not all at once and not a lot at a time either. I am just like any other person trying to figure out what works for me. That medicine that coats my stomach is supposed to help but I am STILL coughing up the junk and so tomorrow I am starting my gall stone medicine as I do not want to have that become a problem for me now too! Thanks for all the wonderful supportive advice! It is great to have such great people for support!

Thanks for responding ' date=' I can only have half 8 oz , throughout the day , I even set goals to try to drink a bottle a day but that's nearly impossible.

As far as the chicken salad , It hurts to have e one tbsp. I also tried salmon and I can comfortable eat one bite without it hurting , and the hurt begin in my back which I consider super weird.[/quote']

So you are only drinking 4 oz when you have liquids or you can only drink 4 oz of liquids during the entire day? Either way, that is scary-little and no wonder it hurts to try pureed/smooth solids! Do you think you may have a stricture? I am not sure when a person develops that, but I know that if it happens, the doctor goes in through your mouth to open it up so you can drink/eat better. (It doesn't require opening your abdomen up again.) I would make an appointment because if you can't get 8 oz of Fluid in during the entire day, that really is too little.

So you are only drinking 4 oz when you have liquids or you can only drink 4 oz of liquids during the entire day? Either way' date=' that is scary-little and no wonder it hurts to try pureed/smooth solids! Do you think you may have a stricture? I am not sure when a person develops that, but I know that if it happens, the doctor goes in through your mouth to open it up so you can drink/eat better. (It doesn't require opening your abdomen up again.) I would make an appointment because if you can't get 8 oz of Fluid in during the entire day, that really is too little.[/quote']

Yes, I'm only drink 4 oz , I have to force the other 4 in pain. I am unsure if I ave a stricture , but I had my hernia removed during the sleeve procedure so my recovery is still slow but I'm surprisingly enough I can drink an entire bottle of Gatorade to prevent dehydration. But Water is not my friend. Thank goodness I go to the doctor on Monday.

Yes' date=' I'm only drink 4 oz , I have to force the other 4 in pain. I am unsure if I ave a stricture , but I had my hernia removed during the sleeve procedure so my recovery is still slow but I'm surprisingly enough I can drink an entire bottle of Gatorade to prevent dehydration. But Water is not my friend. Thank goodness I go to the doctor on Monday.[/quote']

Okay. So you can have fluids...just not water or things mixed with water? Gatorade counts for something, but I am glad that you will see the doctor on Monday. I am not sure how hernia repairs affect recovery in terms of eating/drinking. Not having had it myself, I would think it would affect movement more. Maybe you could start a thread for people who had hernias repaired after/during sleeve procedure to get more specific feedback on that?

Okay. So you can have fluids...just not Water or things mixed with water? Gatorade counts for something' date=' but I am glad that you will see the doctor on Monday. I am not sure how hernia repairs affect recovery in terms of eating/drinking. Not having had it myself, I would think it would affect movement more. Maybe you could start a thread for people who had hernias repaired after/during sleeve procedure to get more specific feedback on that?[/quote']

Yes , I may start a thread , thanks

Today 1-11-2013 ' date=' I went for my first appointment after my surgery Dec 17,201. I weighed in before surgery 327., at this moment I currently weighed 299. I'm so proud of myself. Yes........[/quote']

You have a lot to be proud of!

I'm feeling so ready for more food' date=' not hungry necessarily but just feel like my sleeve it's ready (yes, I'm aware it's still healing). So, today I had a piece of deli sliced ham with feta cheese rolled up in it. It was delish, satisfying, and no pain whatsoever. Considering I have yet to get my Protein in with liquids, at least I chose protein foods to cheat with, lol[/quote']

Not sure if you can get this at your local costco, but I get the Premier shakes there. 30 g protein per serving, only 1 g sugar. I drink 2 a day to make sure I get my minimum protein. I'd never make it otherwise.

Today 1-11-2013 ' date=' I went for my first appointment after my surgery Dec 17,201. I weighed in before surgery 327., at this moment I currently weighed 299. I'm so proud of myself. Yes........[/quote']

Phenomenal!

Today 1-11-2013 , I went for my first appointment after my surgery Dec 17,201. I weighed in before surgery 327., at this moment I currently weighed 299. I'm so proud of myself. Yes........

Congratulations! Great work!

Not sure if you can get this at your local Costco' date=' but I get the Premier shakes there. 30 g Protein per serving, only 1 g sugar. I drink 2 a day to make sure I get my minimum protein. I'd never make it otherwise.[/quote']

I'll have to see because I have tried so many different shakes that I'm about to give up. I've spent a fortune. Actually, last time I went to GNC they let me make one in the bathroom and try it because I'm about to go broke. Something about the whey smell I think. Thanks

I am OK with the Pure Protein Shakes you can get at Trader Joes and other places. 35 grams of Protein. I think they all have some after taste.

Unjury makes a flavorless powder with 20 g of protein per scoop, and I think you can only get it online. They also have chicken broth from powder that I also like. I haven't tried Isopure, but I've heard it is very good.

Best of luck,

Meegan Lee

I'll have to see because I have tried so many different shakes that I'm about to give up. I've spent a fortune. Actually, last time I went to GNC they let me make one in the bathroom and try it because I'm about to go broke. Something about the whey smell I think. Thanks

What if you tried getting in your Protein other ways? Like drinking milk or eating greek yogurt? Also, are you making your Protein Shakes with milk or Water? Because I find making them with water is SO GROSS. milk makes it better. and you could try soy or almond milk and see if that helps with the flavor

What if you tried getting in your Protein other ways? Like drinking milk or eating greek yogurt? Also' date=' are you making your Protein Shakes with milk or Water? Because I find making them with water is SO GROSS. milk makes it better. and you could try soy or almond milk and see if that helps with the flavor[/quote']

Yes, I use milk (except in GNC bathroom). I tried the Unjury too. The closest I can come to being tolerable is Isopure which is not the best but I can drink it. I'm trying other ways but my tiny stomach only holds so much, lol. I wish I could find something unflavored that dissolves like Miralax, or better yet, a pill!