Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Sleevers?

Anyone use my fitness pal app? Counts calories and tells you how much Protein and Vitamins you have in per day. You can even scan barcodes.

Add me :) asifitsthelast.

Just added you! I'm crystal52573.

Just added you! I'm crystal52573.

I just added both of you!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I know I should not compare my loss to anyone else, but you guys are doing great and I am barely doing okay.

HW 12/10/13 237

SW 01/7/13 230

CW 2/04/13 203

I'm down only 27 pounds in 2 months. I think maybe I need to up may calories since most days I fall short of the 800 my nut said i should consume. I always get my Protein in mostly through shakes and usually get in my 60 of Water. The slow pace is allowing my skin to kind of rebound, but I was hoping for a bigger loss at the two month mark. Also, outside of a little walking I have not begun to exercise (having some issues with arthritis in my knees) but I begin physical therapy for my knees this week, hopefully that will ease some of the discomfort and allow me to exercise on a regular basis.

It's my 2-month anniversary today. I'm not losing as fast as some, but that's ok. I'm down 31 pounds overall - and this number includes my pre-op loss.

Here's what I've learned so far: too big a bite or eating too fast is going to make me hurt and then hurl. I must learn to stop wolfing.

Mostly I am eating cream of wheat, shrimp from costco, avocados and no sugar popsicles. coffee doesn't taste good to me anymore, nor does wine. I really crave cold sweet fruit juice, but don't keep it in my house because it's loaded with carbs.

I seem to be losing from the top down. Most of my weight loss is visible in my face - so here comes the wrinkles. ****.

I'm paying for a gym membership but still haven't gone. I do get outdoors to walk a mile or two almost every day. I'm in Alaska weather, so if I can do it, you can do it!

Ok, thanks for reading! Keep rocking those sleeves everyone. Best of luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I know I should not compare my loss to anyone else, but you guys are doing great and I am barely doing okay.

HW 12/10/13 237

SW 01/7/13 230

CW 2/04/13 203

I'm down only 27 pounds in 2 months. I think maybe I need to up may calories since most days I fall short of the 800 my nut said i should consume. I always get my Protein in mostly through shakes and usually get in my 60 of Water. The slow pace is allowing my skin to kind of rebound, but I was hoping for a bigger loss at the two month mark. Also, outside of a little walking I have not begun to exercise (having some issues with arthritis in my knees) but I begin physical therapy for my knees this week, hopefully that will ease some of the discomfort and allow me to exercise on a regular basis.

I'm following your same weight loss path- yesterday was my 2 month and I had lost 29 lbs total (sw 247; 2month post op 218)... It sounds like we are all right on track.... I AM exercising - alot (sweaty 3.5 - 4 mile walk every day plus I make sure I am walking at least 10k steps a day), but don't get in my water like I should. I am also mainly eating "normal" foods - ie no shakes anymore. I talked to my NUT yesterday because I had been on a 2 weeks stall and she said I'm doing everything right - even my eating is correct (almost like a normal "diet" but alot smaller portions) - and stop looking at the scale now!! So I guess we are in the slow and steady wins the race category :-) Good luck on your PT!

So two days ago was my doctors monthly visit. I lost a total of 40lbs. Here are my stats n info:

Height: 5ft 11

Preop weight: 293 lbs

Surgery Weight: 291

Current Weight: 251

I was sleeved on January 30, 2013. I went from size 40pants to 36. I see the difference but I won't post pics until attaining my goal of 200 l bs Best decision ever!!

I'm at 9 weeks today. Down 32lbs since surgery. I have learned that I will lose next to nothing for a while then drop a couple lbs within a couple days. It's great when I'm seeing the scale drop but in between those times not so much. Must learn patience....

Had another NSV this morning. I have been weighing on the Wii Fit plus scale to keep track of my progress and my goals. Well this morning my BMI went below 35 and I did not max out the obese chart on the Wii. What a good feeling. I was sleeved 1/9.

Highest weight 12/26 302, surgery weight 282, weight this morning 244. Feeling great. I think making sure you get your Protein and Water and making it to the gym at least 5 times a week is the secret. Even my wife is losing and she did not have the surgery. This was the best decision I ever made.

Another sidebar-- my daughter is getting married 6/15/2013. I told my wife I would be at my weight that I was when we got married ( june 7 1980) of 210 lbs and asked her if she would be at her marrying weight. She game me the evil eye and said I was cheating!!! :)

2 month surgery anniversAry. 42 lbs gone! I'm wearing a size 16-18 shirt and its loose!!! Size 18 pants!

2 month surgery anniversAry. 42 lbs gone! I'm wearing a size 16-18 shirt and its loose!!! Size 18 pants!

Congrats! Thats gotta feel good!

Good to see some more men on here posting. I was beginning to think that I was the only man from the Jan'13 sleevers that talked about it, LOL!

I'm progressing well. Still can't eat even half of what I once ate. I find myself needing to take a walk when I get that food in my throat feeling, that keeps me from hurling. My high weight was 380, surgery weight was 360, I'm now 316! Can't weight to be under 300. I think I'm past the 1st stall stage and losing at a better rate. Best decision I've made in years!

I haven't posted on this thread since prior to my surgery on Jan 10th 2013. I have been following everybody else's progress, however, and was inspired to share my own. My highest weight was 360, on the day of my surgery I was at 335, and today I am weighing in at 281. That is 79lbs lost so far. I still have a very long way to go till I reach goal, but I believe that choosing wls was the best decision of my life. Good luck everyone! I am rooting for each and every one of you :)

I had mine on 23 Jan but I actually dread eatting, it always feels uncomfortable and I always feel nauseous after I've eaten. I take my time and I chew but I always feel bad, I think I've had maybe 3 times since surgery where I haven't felt sick and that's all :-( please help give me some sound advice x

I was sleeved on Jan 31 ..Highest weight 206..current weight 182. I don't feel I am losing as well as I should. I haven't started walking yet , but I will start today. Lol..I have tons of head hunger...I am trying to be strong but this good Louisiana food is very tempting. I want everything I used to eat but I am staying away from it all.. I allow myself 500 to 600 calories a day. I notice that when I drink my Protein Drinks or shakes, I am nauseous afterwards. So I have to suck on a peppermint to calm my system. I'm tired of eating tilapia, tuna, chicken breast, eggs , and shrimps. But I am managing to eat it . Oh, also, not sure if my weight loss is slow because I had my thyroid removed years ago. Ok, good luck everyone!!!