Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2013 Sleevers?

My report time is 6am Monday morning, I will be yes first one of the day. Now for the sad part, I came down with a sore throat and my ears are plugged. I know deep down I will need to cancel my surgery but I am holding out hope things will be better by Sunday. I never thought a cold would keep me de surgery.

Hi had my surgery Wednesday and started with a sore throat on Monday evening. I was so upset when i woke up tuesday and could barely speak. I called the surgeon prepared for the worse but he told me as long as i didn't have a fever I was fine. Surgery done and home resting. there still may be hope..Good Luck to you.

I am not expecting much problems with relationships because if someone loves you and has your best at heart they will be supportive. As far as a significant other I talked it all out with my boyfriend of 8 years and I don't believe things will change that much. First off not much is going to change except the size of my body and what I can do and what I will eat. I have no expectations that life will be better or people will treat me so differently. I just think I'll be doing the same things I did before surgery but I'll be out of pain and healthier. I'll still be watching the same TV shows and living the same life. My boyfriend is not jealous and has his own stuff. If things are so different and change then I will just change along with it. I am an optimist and believe in myself and the fact that with patience and love it can all be fine. If not I'll deal with it then. I am set in my ways at 52 and it may be different if your young and want to get out and do things you haven't been able to. Just talk to the people close to you and follow your heart. Even if we make mistakes it is human. This is a growth project. Respect yourself and give yourself a break. For a lot of people this may be the first time they put themselves first and if people give you problems with that tell them I come first and if they can't handle it then move on.

My date is the 22nd.

I dont have to be on a liquid diet prior and i didnt have to lose weighf pre surgery. Does it go by your bmi?

Is anybody worry about life changing after and relationships. Dont get me wrong i will love my sleeve but i know i will change and need to re_evaluate the people around me.

I haven't been sleeved yet ( my day is the 16th) and I have already had to reevaluate some of my so-called friendships. Some people have some really crazy stuff to say about my surgery. I have lost 50 lbs preop and some people have not been nearly as supportive as I thought they would be. But then there are some folks who have really had my back, had encouraging things to say and been a great support. Like everything else in your life, you are going to have to let go of who you thought was for you and choose true, real friendships. It's ok. Bound to happen. Whenever you make radical change in one area, it shifts everything else around it. Just keep your head up, be proud of who you are and the change you have decided to make, and when you look around, the people that are meant to be with you will be. The ones that aren't won't be- just like all your other excess weight!

When someone makes a positive change in their life it seems to make others uncomfortable. It brings their own insecurities to light and they either become supportive or destructive. Some of my friends and family are inspired by my WLS. They have decided to exercise more..eat right etc. I imagine those who are jealous or unsure of themselves will try to sabotage my success. It may be painful to have to let go of relationships but for me its truly a blessing and I am totally prepared for it. I have personally experienced it when I quit drinking..smoking..and become a Christian etc..I'm 6 days post op. Good luck to everyone. Stay strong

I am hoping to have my surgery scheduled by the end of the month. Looking at a February date just hope I get it scheduled sooner than later. Everyone on here is so nice and no condemnation for having the surgery. Haven't told a lot of people just my family so no negative feed back so far. If any friends give me any grief, well they weren't very good friends to begin with, see ya! Any way wish me luck on losing my last 9 lbs! I really need all the luck I can get!

My program holds me accountable for every pound I lose so I can't afford to fall into that trap. My goal was to lose 13lbs. I've lost 31. But even though I was only required to lose 13, since my recorded loss is now 31 I can't gain any of that back or surgery is cancelled. Is that not the same everywhere?

My Doctor put me on a 7day liquid diet before the surgery and that is it.

Hello! I was sleeved the 9th and came home yesterday and yes it feels so good to begone. My pain is now controlled by extra strength Tylenol. Here is some stuff that may help you guys who have not gone in yet. Things do taste different after surgery to me. Water tastes good to me but Atkins advantage shakes I loved before surgery are awful tasting now. Carnation instant breakfast is good now. I bought beef bouillon Soup mix from Drs best weight loss and it is delicious very beefy and salty and really good. I bought cappuccinos from them also but all the beverages taste very strong I have to water them down.

When people said they can't get their liquids in I thought it was just swallowing enough but I have had NO hunger since surgery so even Cappuccino and Jello eat isn't easy to get down because I'm not hungry. It's like having no want for any more. I'm still coughing up heavy green junk from my chest. You have to move around soon after surgery and blow into a tube 5 times an hour to keep your lungs able to fill up and keep pneumonia out. I was shocked how much junk I had in my chest after surgery. I slept in a recliner too because of the air trapped in my shoulder it doesn't hurt when I'm in a sitting up position. Anyway it is just a little info that may help someone.

thanks for the info, it will help me in the next few weeks. How long were you on a liquid pre op diet?

God Bless you and praying thay you have a speedy recovery! Im from the Stl and having my surg today!!

I was wondering how surgery went. I am from OFallon Mo and my surgery is on 1/23/13. I start my liquid diet this Wednesday and i am a bit nervous about the liquid diet.

How did you do pre op? Any suggestions?

I was wondering how surgery went. I am from OFallon Mo and my surgery is on 1/23/13. I start my liquid diet this Wednesday and i am a bit nervous about the liquid diet.

How did you do pre op? Any suggestions?

Hi Nancy - I am from Ft Collins Co and I too am being sleeved on 1/23. My doctor doesn't require liquid diets prior to surgery - after reading this forum I can see that all doctors have different views. Any way blessings and prayers for your surgery and new life. How much weight do you want to lose? I am so excited and so ready to be able to keep up with my grandsons :)

So bummed' date=' my cold got worse around 1 am. I had to go to the ER, ended up with a nasty ear infection. They said the drum is close to bursting ( nice). They gave me 4 different medications to start taking. Looks like I will be canceling my surgery for Monday.[/quote']

I am so sorry that hear that ;( but look on the bright side, and you are lucky that your eardrum didn't burst. And thank goodness you followed your instincts and went to ER, it would not be good going to surgery with an infection... Sending you Get well thoughts. Hope you feel better. Keep us posted.

I get to advance my diet to full liquids today! So ready for something other than chicken broth. I was sleeved on the 9th and have had zero problems so far' date=' so I have my fingers crossed that I will make this transition smoothly. Never thought runny cream of wheat Cereal would be so appealing haha![/quote']

I almost did a cartwheel when I saw I could have some malto meal!!! Clam chowder here I come!!

Hey, my date is Jan 29. I'm excited and getting nervous already. My pre-op appointment is Jan 23 at 8 am

Hey that's my birthday =P Good luck!

I am so sorry that hear that ;( but look on the bright side' date=' and you are lucky that your eardrum didn't burst. And thank goodness you followed your instincts and went to ER, it would not be good going to surgery with an infection... Sending you Get well thoughts. Hope you feel better. Keep us posted.[/quote']

Thank you, I am out of pain now but my ears are still funky. I will be a happy girl once they "pop". I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow to see when I can reschedule. I am hoping I can still be a January sleever. I also plan to stay on the pre-op diet until my date. I've lost 18 pounds in the 13 days and I am going to take advantage of whatever I can lose pre-sleeve, and help keep control of any head hunger I get.