Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I See Meals/portion Sizes Please?

I am two weeks today and started my Mushie/soft food week yesterday.

Breakfast- 1/2 of a scrambled egg coked in 1 tsp olive oil

Lunch- 1 can of chicken (I was able to get the whole thing down slowly

Dinner- a mini tuna casserole, I can chicken with a table mayo and 1/4 cup dill relish topped with a slice of cheese, I for through about 1/3 and saved the rest for today!

This is my lunch today two slices of roast beef lunch meat and a string cheese.< /p>

post-33181-13813661363331_thumb.jpg

This is my lunch today two slices of roast beef lunch meat and a string cheese.

...only finished half the string cheese...

...only finished half the string cheese...

How far out are you again?

How far out are you again?

Two weeks today. I got approval to start my third week of eating mushie/soft foods a day early because I was struggling so much with full liquids.

I am three weeks out and yesterdays meals were:

Breakfast...just a 8oz Isopure juice on the way to work

lunch...I was running errands and grabbed a 4 piece chicken mcnugget...ate 1.5...didnt sit too well...will be waiting to try that again.

Supper...cooked up some ground beef and some white rice...tried 2 oz. of each...only got about 1/2 down... probably a 1/4 cup total.

Super excited for this journey we are on. I was worried my portion sizes were too small' date=' but it seems like this is about normal for everyone in the early stages. I just started solid foods two days ago, so am just learning what works and what needs to wait.

Thanks![/quote']

I am also 3 weeks out. I feel I am able to tolerate to much quantity. pizza slice. I ate slow and took small bites. I thought I would not be able to eat that much? Do you feel the same?

Most mornings I eat a 2 egg omelette with a slice of Velveeta cheese. That's it. Or 2 hard boiled eggs. Supper is a medium boneless skinless chick breast and 1/2 cup green Beans.< /p>

Anyone who is farther out? Maybe 2 years?

That stuck feeling is the worst. I have a bowl with markings on the side of it so I know how much I'm taking in . For Breakfast I have 1/2 cup of soggy Cereal usually can't finish it all , never drunk the left over milk. Cup of coffee at mid morning or a baby yoghurt 40g

lunch 125 ml which is 1/2 cup of left over mashed potato from previous nights dinner and then another drink in the mid afternoon

Dinner 1/2 cup of home made rice , a drink before be dans I'm done ! Too me this feels like a lot :( I'm worried I will put weight on but I know in reality it's under 600 calories .

Shabby are you not eating any Protein? Cottage cheese, soft fish, tuna

That stuck feeling is the worst. I have a bowl with markings on the side of it so I know how much I'm taking in . For breakfast I have 1/2 cup of soggy cereal usually can't finish it all , never drunk the left over milk. Cup of coffee at mid morning or a baby yoghurt 40g

lunch 125 ml which is 1/2 cup of left over mashed potato from previous nights dinner and then another drink in the mid afternoon

Dinner 1/2 cup of home made rice , a drink before be dans I'm done ! Too me this feels like a lot :( I'm worried I will put weight on but I know in reality it's under 600 calories .

This is way too many carbs......Where's the Protein? When you eat protein, you get fuller faster and plus, you drop more weight. Other wise your body is starving for protein and using your muscle mass to compensate.........:)

Got back home after visiting family for the holidays. I haven't had time to go to the store so I made do with some things in the fridge for lunch. I'm 13 weeks out now.

This is a small dessert paper plate. On it I have 1 Baby Bell light, some pistachios, sugar snap peas, 3/4ths of a pear and some sweet potato chips. I stopped eating when I felt satisfied. Yes, I know I'm missing better Protein sources, but like I said, just got back and haven't been to the grocery.

lunch1 copy

Hi! I'm 16 months out right now, and still measure my food to 4 or 5 ounces. I can do 4 ounces of greek yogurt with an ounce of granola.

On occasion, if I don't measure, I'll find I can eat up to 6 ounces, which gets scary. So, I try to keep portions to 4 or 5 ounces. 2 low fat string cheeses with a half cup of grapes (about 3 ounces) is perfectly satisfying, without me feeling full.

If I'm eating something more liquidy, like lentils or curries, I will usually go up to 5 or 6 ounces. I'm vegetarian, so can't give you much input on the denser meats, which I've heard feel heavier in the stomach. Good luck!

I am 7 months out. I hate the taste of Protein Shakes. I was spitting and throwing up for the first 5 months. Potassium levels low. Can't get in enough Protein. My hair started coming out by handfuls 6 months out. I measure my food on a saltiness cracker. Now I can eat eggs scrambled and I add cheese. I still can only eat what's on the cracker though. If I make fish I'll eat fish only then two hours later if I'm hungry I'd eat a tablespoon of the side item. If I make shrimp (21-30count) I can slowly eat 3. I've discovered that I can eat sushi the cooked stuff. Shrimp tempura roll I can have almost two pieces at a time. Good luck. Hope it helps. Please know that I've learned that this surgery gives very unique experiences.

I'm one year and a couple months out, and down 100 lbs. pretty much to the t...here's what I usually can eat:

1. One egg. Boiled, scrambled, or heaven forbid fried. One is usually my limit (maybe a little bit of cheese too)

2. One small piece of toast. Not bread! Just toast. bread sticks to my guts and makes me feel terrible. :(

3. 1/2-2/3 of the grilled chicken bacon ranch salad at McDonald's.

4. I had a small tortilla with melted cheese (kid's menu) and about 7-8 chips with salsa at chipolte grill a couple weeks ago.

5. The little 100 calorie packs fill me up.

6. About 3/4 of a package of instant oatmeal.

7. I wrap a piece of string cheese or a cheese stick with thin sliced ham for lunch quite a bit. Usually one of those with about 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

8. 1/2 cup refried Beans with some shredded cheese

You are able to eat a lot more than you think after about 9 months the restricted feeling seems to "go away". Which was terrible for me! I feel satisfied, but I don't seem to get the full feeling as bad anymore. But it could also be because I don't really push it too often, and I can eyeball everything now.

I had an EGD last week and the surgeon showed me the inside of my sleeve...it was crazy! The pictures of my esophagus down into my sleeve were amazing lol. My sleeve seemed to be about twice the circumference of my esophagus (seemed-not an exact measurement). Pretty fascinating!!

liquids and purée for the first two weeks. After that I started eating mashed foods and a little chicken. You'll know when you had enough go over the limit and you will throw up. It happened to me today. But it's well worth it.