Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I See Meals/portion Sizes Please?

That stuck feeling is the worst. I have a bowl with markings on the side of it so I know how much I'm taking in . For Breakfast I have 1/2 cup of soggy Cereal usually can't finish it all , never drunk the left over milk. Cup of coffee at mid morning or a baby yoghurt 40g

lunch 125 ml which is 1/2 cup of left over mashed potato from previous nights dinner and then another drink in the mid afternoon

Dinner 1/2 cup of home made rice , a drink before be dans I'm done ! Too me this feels like a lot :( I'm worried I will put weight on but I know in reality it's under 600 calories .

I'm out of town on business and took myself out to eat. I ordered a seared tuna steak. I made more of a mess of the tuna than anything, but probably ate around 2oz. I ate a bit of the veggies and two small bites of rice. Not sure how to enter the panko-wasabi crust in myfitnesspal, though :)

monkeyfood copy

I am 6 weeks post op and I have a Protein Shake every morning to give me 30 grams of Protein. Mid-morning, a Greek yogurt with fruit (Chobani). Ill drink a 32 oz water bottle with Crystal lite and 10 grams if unflavored Protein Powder between meals. lunch is about 2 tbls. mashed potato w/shredded turkey or chicken, soft cooked veggie-total about 1/4 cup food. I can eat one large egg with laughing cow lite cheese added-without the soft cheese, I can only eat 3/4 of the egg. Although I no longer have restrictions (except to avoid bread!), I am taking it slow trying foods out slowly and staying with soft textures. For dinner tonight my family had pizza and my husband brought me back meatballs. I ate about 1/2 of one- I used to eat a slice or two of pizza plus 1/2 a meatball hero. What a difference a sleeve makes!

My NUT has plastic replicas at her office that show what a portion looks like, she has a rubber hamburger, a rubber cheese, a rubber baked potato. I found the best thing to do is buy a food scale and weigh stuff, you soon learn what 2oz looks like or 4 oz. For liquid I buy a big bottle of Water that has the amount written on it.

Here's a relatable example 7 weeks post-op: a Wendy's chili (w/ cheese)= 1/4 of the small cup serving for lunch, 1/2 serving for dinner, 1/4 serving (about 1/2" of chili left) in trash! I can always eat more at dinner than lunch because I take my time at dinner and lunchtime I'm used to gulping down something then run errands, etc. Pre-sleeve days I would have a chili AND a 99 cent burger and fries! Then go home a make a nice dinner. I love my sleeve -I'm no longer a slave to food!

During the week of thanksgiving, family and I went to burger joint, and I split sliders with my mom. There was three to an order, and she ate two and I ate one patty and maybe half the bun that goes with it. And this week I went to chick-fil-a and got the four piece count of the grilled chicken nuggets. Ate the first two in the car and felt satisfied and then the other two an hour or so later. I can eat more, but I only eat until I'm satisfied, or at least try to lo

It depends on what I eat whether or not if I can eat more or less.

Wendy's: I ordered a 5 piece nugget and a broccoli and cheese baked potato, ate 4 nuggets and a few small bites of the baked potato.

Taco Bell: Ordered a chicken burrito with just chicken and cheese, I only ate the chicken and cheese and give the soft shell to my dog.

McDonald's: Ordered a snack wrap and was able to eat the whole one.

Fish: I can eat 1 whole piece of a medium sized filet (3-4oz) I used to eat 2 large filets

Shrimp: 4-5 medium shrimp and 4 jumbo shrimp, I used to eat more than I could ever count...

Veggies: Depending on the Protein weight on my plate, I'll adjust the weight of the veggies so everything balances out to 4-6 oz. I use a saucer to eat off of.

Yogurt: 6oz

Chicken: 1/4 of a large breast (2oz) I used to eat 2 large breast in one sitting...smh

Ground turkey: 3 oz

Protein Bars that I eat are 2.4 oz.

oatmeal, grits, and cream of wheat starting out I could only eat half of the instant pack, now I can eat the pack of it. One serving is 1/2 cup. I used to eat 2 or 3 packs at a time, now I'm so glad to be satisfied with a normal portion :)

liquids right after was a struggle to get in 20 oz at a time now I drink 32 ounces three times a day and it takes me about 1 to 2 hours to drink, then wait 30 minutes and 30 to 45 minutes to eat. Once again the sleeve is awesome cause I used to inhale my food in a matter of nanoseconds :lol: LOL I'll take some pics tomorrow for you as well

*edit* Forgot to say I'm 2 months post-op. 9 weeks this past Thursday.

Oatmeal, grits, and cream of wheat starting out I could only eat half of the instant pack, now I can eat the pack of it. One serving is 1/2 cup. I used to eat 2 or 3 packs at a time, now I'm so glad to be satisfied with a normal portion :)

Lady K, being satisfied with a single envelope of oatmeal is the FIRST thing I thought of when considering this sleeve. I need to eat three packs just to feel satisfied... four would make me feel full!

Lady K, being satisfied with a single envelope of oatmeal is the FIRST thing I thought of when considering this sleeve. I need to eat three packs just to feel satisfied... four would make me feel full!

food lasts a lot longer now, you will definitely notice a difference!

Sweet Susie is your pic showing what you were able to finish?

Thanks everyone who joined in! Excited for more pics!!

2 weeks post op. no pictures but i can give you a run down of my day

i usually start with tea but had a doctor appointment so no time this morning.

1 string cheese.(Protein 6g) 8oz of crystal light

i then had 7 crackers and was full.

came home and a greek yogurt with 14g of Protein (5oz cup) couldnt finish it.

took a nap and had the last half of my 32g Protein shake.

later on in the night i had 1 scrambled egg with bits of ham in it....(got stuck) so i wont be trying that again for a few days.

Wow you already eating like that in just two weeks my doctor told me I can eat soft food until 5 weeks post op an I hate it but I am afraid of leaks so listening to doctors orders I guess they are all different

I am three weeks out and yesterdays meals were:

Breakfast...just a 8oz Isopure juice on the way to work

lunch...I was running errands and grabbed a 4 piece chicken mcnugget...ate 1.5...didnt sit too well...will be waiting to try that again.

Supper...cooked up some ground beef and some white rice...tried 2 oz. of each...only got about 1/2 down... probably a 1/4 cup total.

Super excited for this journey we are on. I was worried my portion sizes were too small, but it seems like this is about normal for everyone in the early stages. I just started solid foods two days ago, so am just learning what works and what needs to wait.

Thanks!

I'm still pre op and in the planning stagees' date=' so I'm unsure how much and what one eats after surgery. I'd love to see images of what you guys are eating, please with a cherry on top?

I plan on taking a lot ofpics of my meals afterwards for others as well..

thanks,

Amy[/quote']

Hi Amy , so I'm 4 and a bit weeks out and here is what I had for dinner tonight . However I think I ate too fast cause I threw it back up :(

post-38761-13813661361198_thumb.jpg