Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia Tijuana Patient Stats?

I know only one thing' date=' I got lots of bad mouthing about ready4chamge and fit the feeling that it was the other way around. I went through lighter me with my friend and we both walked out. I am glad I knew another dr in tj but he was more money and because we were in bad situation, he agreed to give us a discount. My friend needed help with anxiety And we were told too bad and were put in dirty room with beds that didn't work and iv this was not hooked up properly and EKG machine the nurse used hand drawer diagram to out in my friend. I was not happy with service, attitude, and lighter me and the way our concerns were handled. Maybe Garcia is a good surgeon but his support staff sucks!!!![/quote']

So Mi hospital sucked? What doctor did you go with?

I have heard great things about the hospital being clean, and staff friendly, even from those who went with different Dr.

But ya know, everyone is human, and never perfect, so chances are you got them on a bad day :( sorry for your troubles, hope your surgery a went well regardless ;)

I know only one thing' date=' I got lots of bad mouthing about ready4chamge and fit the feeling that it was the other way around. I went through lighter me with my friend and we both walked out. I am glad I knew another dr in tj but he was more money and because we were in bad situation, he agreed to give us a discount. My friend needed help with anxiety And we were told too bad and were put in dirty room with beds that didn't work and iv this was not hooked up properly and EKG machine the nurse used hand drawer diagram to out in my friend. I was not happy with service, attitude, and lighter me and the way our concerns were handled. Maybe Garcia is a good surgeon but his support staff sucks!!!![/quote']

His support staff doesn't suck! A Lighter Me sucks. Ready 4 a Change are all amazing people and very very caring. Sounds like A Lighter Me is run by a bunch of D-bags who don't like the competition that was there before them!

So Mi hospital sucked? What doctor did you go with?

Mi hospital does not suck at all! Is it small? Yes. Do they have the most up to date equipment? No. Is it clean and does it have everything any other hospital has? Yes.

I never once felt at risk in the hospital. The staff were very nice and the rooms were good.

So the above post was a Facebook message I received from Dr. Garcia himself when I mentioned that someone had heard negative things about him.

I love his honesty and I can say I have never been better taken care of than I was with him and his team.

Thank you for sharing. I will not be using A Lighter Me, and have already contacted alma.

You can also go through Christi at successfullyslimmer.com. She will arrange everything for you and take great care of you both before and after your surgery.

I'm using "A Lighter Me" and so far all of my concerns, questions and emails have be answered quickly and thoroughly. I think that there are good and bad things said about both companies...I'm sure each person's experience depends on a whole array of different circumstances...like how many people are getting surgery the same day as you for instance.

All in all, I hope I'm one of those people that have a great experience with A Lighter Me!

I used ALighterMe, I had no issues, and they never bashed any other surgeon or company. I do know they had an issue with someone internal talking their database, I think it is all cleared up not, but I don't know. As far as Mi hospital, Dr. Lopez, Abraham and Eduardo, I felt the hospital was good, it was clean, and I never felt at risk. Dr. Lopez and Ortiz were really great, and friendly. Abraham and Eduardo went above and beyond. My mother was afraid to leave my side the entire time; she wouldn't even leave to eat. Abraham and Eduardo went out of their way to bring her food, and take great care of her. The day I was operated on, one of the ladies was supposed to have band to sleeve revision, she was in for over 6 hours, and her band had eroded into her stomach and was sitting at the bottom of her stomach. She had been 2-3 different surgeons in the US that had lied to her and told her everything was fine, her band was in place, which was why she had chosen to come have revision surgery. Dr. Lopez and Ortiz went above and beyond, and opened her up and removed the band from the bottom of her stomach (they didn't know it was there until they started her surgery). They could not sleeve her, but she was just grateful they had saved her life. (She scheduled to return later to be sleeved) I also felt they had saved her life. They took extra care of her, and kept her longer at the hospital and in TJ for her to recover since she had to have full open surgery. My understanding is that ALighterMe paid for her extra nights stays in the Marriott, and also helped her to reschedule all of her flights. None of this extra care was a part of her 'contract'. ALighterMe from my experience and everyone involved are upstanding, honest, caring people. When I was in TJ, I met many people with other companies, when we were there, we didn't care what coordinator we used, we didn't care what Dr. we were using, and we cared about EACH OTHER which is what we all should be doing. We are all in this journey TOGETHER, don't listen to gossip, and don't tear each other down. I recommend everyone do their research and pick a Dr. be confident in your choice, and help others to do the same. Please don't turn these boards into a gossip fest that scares people away from a lifesaving procedure for the sake of yourselves feeling like you need to hen peck each other.

As I said before, I have no complains about the dr, it was support we got that I was unhappy about. Majority of the surgeries in TJ are done in a clinic setting which they called a hospital because they are equipped as such. That was never an issue.

Mi hospital was great and dr Garcia was wonderful as was his support staff, all of his staff were compassionate and caring! I had a great experience.

Maybe we got a bad bunch then. I know that they always have different nursing staff. I know a nurse who worked there one day and said that there are many nurses going through the doors and its a normal process in TJ.

I just want quality care at a quality facility.

Amanda Rae

who is your dr Amanda

I just want quality care at a quality facility.

Amanda Rae

That sounds great but at the same time I don't want to give my money I a company that is all about being dirty.

How hard Is it to go to mx without a coordinator?

no you dont have to have a co-ordinator. there are many ways you can do it on your own but the fees may be higher