Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia Tijuana Patient Stats?

I dont believe it....I have read a lot of information during research...I have discussed with Alma time and time again about Dr. Garcia, and she told me that ready for change was the original coordinators for Dr. Garcia and that lighterme has been trying to deter patients from going with Dr. Garcia. I hate when some one tries to destroy someone elses credibility..now to all lighterme clients...this is not for you..if you have had an awesome experience....great..but I have experienced lighterme saying unprofessional things about ready4change when they should have just been focused on me becoming their client. I am still going to Dr. Garcia through Ready4change, because my research has proven he is the best choice for me.

Thank you for your responses. I'm going to voice my concerns with Ronda about the different responses people are getting from A Lighter Me about Dr Garcia. I'm also going to contact Alma. You would think if they didn't recommend Garcia, they just wouldn't be a co-ordinator for him, yet he's still listed on their website. It's really sad that people making a major decision such as WLS, have to filter what's truth and what isn't. You would think it would be handled with a bit more integrity!

Deleted

I went through successfullyslimmer.com who led me to Ready 4 a Change. They were amazing and so was Dr. Garcia and his team.

Why don't you research the Dr's record (fatalities etc) with the Mexico Bariatric and Surgeon's boards?

The only 'negative' I have read on the boards about Dr. Garcia is that he tends to have quite a few patients with infected incisions. Which is the reason I did not choose him.

When I went to TJ with a lighterme Dr. Garcia was one of their recommendations. (I chose Lopez). I can see how they would phase him out if he had several fatalities.

BUT, that being said, the only way to find that for certain is to check the records. The Dr.'s office may not be truthful for reputation's sake and its difficult to take the word from someone who stands to profit or lose because of the surgeon you choose. Which applies to both Dr and the coordinators.

I would ask the Coordinators if they are able to provide some proof of the fatalities as well. Can't hurt.

And remember everyone who had a good experience with Dr. Garcia had a good experience! It's the people that potentially had BAD experiences that you want to find out about. Good luck!

I have heard back from alma. Don't feel it is ethical to post her exact words, but there was only 1 fatality in the last 2 yrs and it was after patient was released and had a known heart condition. She said the family of that patient still refers people to the Dr. Since they knew it wasn't surgery related.

As to Lighter Me, they are asking Dr Garcia to stay on with their service, why would they want a surgeon with fatalities on board?

My guess is that they know he is leaving their coordinating business and now trying to convert his surgeries to dr Lopez.

I have personally had surgery with Dr. Garcia and i have emailed him himself to ask if this information is true.

I'll let you all know if I get an answer. He's never ever had a leak, can't believe he's had a fatality and if he has its because of extenuating circumstances, like the girl who got surgery the same day as me who had done no pre-op and lied to the doctors telling them she'd been fasting when she hasn't!

Wow, SuztheBrit! The girl you met actually lied about her pre-op diet? I'd be too scared to even think of doing that. Did she have any complications that you know of?

Wow' date=' SuztheBrit! The girl you met actually lied about her pre-op diet? I'd be too scared to even think of doing that. Did she have any complications that you know of?[/quote']

Oh yeah, she was a piece of work! She told me she didn't know what Clear liquids were so she didn't bother doing anything.

When they asked her if she had been fasting she told them she had had a small coffee at Breakfast. The nurse knew she was lying and got out of her it was a large. I still don't believe that if she was that stupid to drink coffee she probably had Breakfast, and probably lunch.

All I know is that they took her to the OR and apparently she aspirated so they brought her back out to the recovery room and then took her in another two hours later. Her op took 6 hours total!!! Mine was an hour!

After he op she refused to walk and just kept asking for pain meds, she was one of 'those' people!!!

It is definitely alarming to hear that coordinators would make such scary accusations toward ANY doctor! Especially to such a senative topic such as WLS. We are already scared as it is and then to not know who to believe would be way to stressful. I thank GOD I did not see this post until now. I was sleeved with Dr. Garcia on Oct. 30th using Ready4Achange and experienced nothing but wonderful care.

Wow! I have to chime in....

One week ago today, Dr. Garcia did my surgery. His staff was top notch. He was beyond excellent. The coordinating company I chose was Ready 4 a Change. My roommate @ the hospital had A Lighter Me. We had very different service - she said that my care was much better. I had multiple docs checking on me (all part of Dr. Garcia's team) & my coordinator was more organized, prepared & attentive.

I know how confusing it is deciding, if anyone wants to chat, I'd be happy to provide my contact info & share my personal experience.

Shame on the people who are spreading lies about Dr. Garcia!!

Harmoni

I was told that "a lighter me" started after an employee from Ready4Achange was trying to start their own "patient coordinating" on the side taking patients from ready4achange thats how a lighter me was started. Dr Garcia decided to take patients from both ready4achange & a lighterme. Knowing that and now they are scaring patients from Dr Garcia that is unfair.

As a patient we are nervous about this major decision and for us to hear that it's not fair. I was sleeved 10/8/12 by Dr Garcia and was very happy with my care and my decision.

Harmoni you had a roomate at the hospital, they weren't private rooms?

I asked alma all the questions and I was told one fatality in the last two years due to a preexisting condition. And one leak in the last two years that was resolved four hours after surgery. Those answers came from the doctor. Also Alma said rooms are private rooms.

It's tough putting something this big in the hands of people and a surgeon we don't know. Just have to trust our guts and go with who feels the best for our situation.

The rooms are private but I ended up with a roommate because I traveled alone and they practically begged me to let her in! I believe if I'd said no they would have figured something else out but I didn't care. I was leaving the next day and slept pretty much the whole time anyway

I'm going to contact Alma and hope her service is a bit more professional. But I'm really put off by my experience so far with a co-ordinator. Is it not an option to just deal with the dr directly ?