Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia Tijuana Patient Stats?

2 companies trashing each other is not professional. Wls is very competitive in tj. I found a dr charging 4300 for wls. I wonder what the cut backs are in surgery room and etc in order for them to do the surgeries so cheap

Yeah it definitely seems to be very competitive, which is good in the sense the prices are lower there than anyone else.. But bad when you have to deal with this kind of behavior. But on a positive note, many many people seem to have had great experiences, so I guess you just gotta weed through all the BS :)

I don't believe that Ready 4 a Change has trashed anyone. I have heard however that the coordinator for A Lighter Me has given different answers to different people about certain surgeons.

I personally heard Jenine saying ready4change stole their database

Yes, there is definitely inconsistently to say the least with A Lighter Me!!

My friend walked out of the MI because of poor service!! I am having lapband to vs conversion next year and I am not going any where near that clinic or lighter me

I personally heard Jenine saying ready4change stole their database

Not sure about that since ready 4 change was the first original service since 2003.

But it's not my place to say either way. People should just choose what dr they feel most comfortable with as their first priority, the coordinating service is nice perk. ;)

I've heard of the trash talking from one company about another. Just have to go with your gut and choose a Dr. for you. I used Dr. Lopez and I highly recommend him.

Harmoni you had a roomate at the hospital' date=' they weren't private rooms?[/quote']

I travelled alone as did my roommate. We connected here on the forums before and we asked to be out together. The other people were either in their own room (private). Some of the rooms had a single bed and others had two beds. Lots of the people brought a companion and they had a private room with two beds (one for the patient and one for the companion).

My roomie & I could have had our own rooms, but we wanted to be together.

Harmoni

Legitimate scientific numbers indicate that about .1% of patients die in the hospital: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090420170804.htm

Probably outdated information indicates that Dr. Garcia has performed over 2000 WLS, although I believe the number is probably higher. If the statistical models were accurate, then he absolutely should have at least 2 patients who died while in the hospital, and it appears that none have, so he is running ahead of the curve.

The 30 day mortality rate for gastric sleeves in the US is slightly higher at .11% http://www.generalsurgerynews.com/ViewArticle.aspx?d=Obesity+Care&d_id=410&i_id=736&a_id=17274

Dr. Garcia experiencing 1 death within 30 days of surgery for a minimum of 2000 surgeries (probably higher) means he has a mortality rate of .05%, which is less than half of those being treated in the US. Those are great statistics.

This is major surgery and none of us are in picture perfect health. Any doctor who says there is no chance, or no risk, is lying. Dr. Garcia's success rates appear to easily exceed those of his counterparts in the US. I know that I am taking a risk but I'd rather take a chance on wellness than spiral into chronic illness.

I personally think that the mortality rates in the US and Mexico are shockingly low. This is a very unhealthy population.

My guess is that some of the coordinators are in-fighting. Heck, in my hometown we have two hospital systems in protracted litigation, running ads against each other and pulling patients from shared services. So, battles between health care coordinators is not solely a Mexican thing! http://host.madison.com/news/local/health_med_fit/uw-meriter-feud-escalates-into-court-battle/article_93e93688-0cb6-11e1-9396-001cc4c03286.html

Hello. Thank you so much for trusting my team and for being such an angel to us. As we all know unfortunately as surgeons we will ALL have a complication in our career. But I can assure you that my teams rate of complication is the same as the best surgeons in the world. We did have a complication but it was not related to Bariatric surgery, as you probably know i'm also a general surgeon and perform hundreds of surgery per month other than bariatric surgery. We always work in the safest environment , with the greatest care for our patient because we see our patients as Human beings not as numbers. You know us and i'm sure you know what I mean. Unfortunately their will always be "Envy" and "dirty competition" from people that see other people as "money" ; their is a particular company that is doing this to my team which is "A lighter me", they are writing very unprofessional comments about me and my team because as you stated above they are trying to take patients that are asking for my services to take them to their doctors and get a profit. Their are several great doctors in Mexico, but it is not right to try to tarnish my "name" which has cost us hundreds of happy patient's trust, hour of hard work, etc. I worked for "A lighter me" and have asked them to stop sending me patients because they had some internal issues, I guess that's what upset them and well, you know what they are capable of doing. I'm still working with them as today just because I have several patient that scheduled a surgery long ahead of time and to me their trust is worth having to put up with all the low blows that this company is giving to me.

So thank you so much Suzy for your sense of justice, for trying to protect us, but as you know sooner or later the truth will always come out, and then will see who wins.

We appreciate your trust and I can assure you we will keep doing the BEST we can as ALWAYS because surgery is OUR PASSION but our patients are OUR LIVES.

Thank yo again and keep in touch please!

Adios Amiga!

So the above post was a Facebook message I received from Dr. Garcia himself when I mentioned that someone had heard negative things about him.

I love his honesty and I can say I have never been better taken care of than I was with him and his team.

Thank you so much for this reply, it is heartfelt and honest. I am grateful that I have chosen Dr. Garcia. I would, however, not trust A Lighter Me if you paid me. I did get quotes from them but then I read about how they were spreading negative comments about competitors and other surgeons, and that was enough for me. There's more than enough business to go around, focus on your strengths and don't denigrate others in the process.

I know only one thing, I got lots of bad mouthing about ready4chamge and fit the feeling that it was the other way around. I went through lighter me with my friend and we both walked out. I am glad I knew another dr in tj but he was more money and because we were in bad situation, he agreed to give us a discount. My friend needed help with anxiety And we were told too bad and were put in dirty room with beds that didn't work and iv this was not hooked up properly and EKG machine the nurse used hand drawer diagram to out in my friend. I was not happy with service, attitude, and lighter me and the way our concerns were handled. Maybe Garcia is a good surgeon but his support staff sucks!!!!

So the above post was a Facebook message I received from Dr. Garcia himself when I mentioned that someone had heard negative things about him.

I love his honesty and I can say I have never been better taken care of than I was with him and his team.

It's a great testament to his character to take time to write you back. This goes along with everything ever said about him being caring and treating his patients so wonderfully.

I am so happy and confident in my decision to use him. And as he stated, he is also a general surgeon, so he is able to deal with other issues that might arise. ;)