Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia Tijuana Patient Stats?

Wow !!

I seldom say much on here ... But enjoy reading most posts. Today ... I need to speak up !!

I'm the friend freespirit63 was talking about. I left Mi hospital 5 minutes before my scheduled surgery. I have nothing bad to say about Mi hospital or the surgeons or the coordinators. Eduardo and Abraham were super sweet as well !

I just had a golden opportunity handed to me moments before ... And I went with my gut. I was a little unhappy with some of the nurses not really knowing what they were doing. Problems with IV and EKG. So I went with what I felt comfortable with ... Which was going somewhere else.

I'm sure I still would have been fine at MI hospital. But my anxiety kicked into overdrive.

I know my comment here does not go with the title of the thread. But I just got so angry with how rude this Amanda Rae is ...

Honey ... We are all entitled to our opinions ...but you haven't even had surgery yet. In fact ... Your face is in every thread I read. So I know you aren't even close to your day. Cause I have to read about it daily !!

Instead of causing drama and attacking people because of using the word "ha" in a sentence ... Why not sit back and read and quietly take in the good and the bad ...

Should we have posted in your bashing thread ... What's it called ? Drama drama ... Or something like that.

Where we can properly bash the coordinators and surgeons to your liking ? Would her "ha" comment fit in better there ?

We don't need a soap opera. You also said in another thread something about enough on our plates ... Without adding drama crap and fuelling it ???

How can you be so mean spirited to someone who has been through the journey already ... Cough cough .... And because she said "ha" under the wrong thread heading ??

Honey you have way too much time on your hands !!

This is why I don't usually talk on here .... Knowing that people like you can treat others with nasty words so easily. Not worth my time !

Wow !!

I seldom say much on here ... But enjoy reading most posts. Today ... I need to speak up !!

I'm the friend freespirit63 was talking about. I left Mi hospital 5 minutes before my scheduled surgery. I have nothing bad to say about Mi hospital or the surgeons or the coordinators. Eduardo and Abraham were super sweet as well !

I just had a golden opportunity handed to me moments before ... And I went with my gut. I was a little unhappy with some of the nurses not really knowing what they were doing. Problems with IV and EKG. So I went with what I felt comfortable with ... Which was going somewhere else.

I'm sure I still would have been fine at MI hospital. But my anxiety kicked into overdrive.

I know my comment here does not go with the title of the thread. But I just got so angry with how rude this Amanda Rae is ...

Honey ... We are all entitled to our opinions ...but you haven't even had surgery yet. In fact ... Your face is in every thread I read. So I know you aren't even close to your day. Cause I have to read about it daily !!

Instead of causing drama and attacking people because of using the word "ha" in a sentence ... Why not sit back and read and quietly take in the good and the bad ...

Should we have posted in your bashing thread ... What's it called ? Drama drama ... Or something like that.

Where we can properly bash the coordinators and surgeons to your liking ? Would her "ha" comment fit in better there ?

We don't need a soap opera. You also said in another thread something about enough on our plates ... Without adding drama crap and fuelling it ???

How can you be so mean spirited to someone who has been through the journey already ... Cough cough .... And because she said "ha" under the wrong thread heading ??

Honey you have way too much time on your hands !!

This is why I don't usually talk on here .... Knowing that people like you can treat others with nasty words so easily. Not worth my time !

You went to another hospital? Is your story written somewhere? I'd like to read it. :)

I did ... I was in my hospital gown with IV in and decided it wasn't right ... For me ...

I don't want to say anything bad on here about my experience , because it wasn't bad. Just not right for me personally.

I don't have my story on here also because I can't stand how vicious some people are to others ...

If you want, send me your email and I will tell you exactly what happened

Are you scheduled for surgery ??

I did ... I was in my hospital gown with IV in and decided it wasn't right ... For me ...

I don't want to say anything bad on here about my experience ' date=' because it wasn't bad. Just not right for me personally.

I don't have my story on here also because I can't stand how vicious some people are to others ...

Are you scheduled for surgery ??[/quote']

Can you pm me with the details? I would really appreciate it.

All,

I try very hard to keep my posts positive, encouraging, and supportive. That is why I visit this board and I cannot help but feel I am not the only one here for support.

My reaction on this thread is the exception rather than the rule.

My feelings regarding the aforementioned subject have not changed, however, if I could go back I would have refrained from losing my cool... and publicly. Not my style.

Alas, i am human... Hindsight tends to be 20/20 and bells cannot be unrung. Peace. :-)

Amanda Rae

I don't want to say anything bad on here about my experience ' date=' because it wasn't bad. Just not right for me personally.

I have surgery on feb 8 with Dr Garcia can you send me an email with your story? Tessies76@hotmail.com. Any info would be great thank you so much.

Amanda.........not only did Lee had a bad experience but HA was referred to yet another patient who emailed me and PLEASE, HA could mean a lot of things!!!!

Wow ... I'm being flooded with requests for my story and I'm not sure it's needed guys.

You will all be fine ! This is the best decision you will ever make for yourselves !

It's life changing. I had surgery November 5th and down almost 40 lbs.

my story is just my opinion. And my choice to leave was only because I had a better offer given to me at that moment.

Do your research and go with your gut.

The hospital is fine. The surgeons are excellent. The coordinators I had - Janese and Rhonda both really nice and answered all my questions and emails. Eduardo and Abraham both cute and nice. A little over worked too.

I had a hard time with some nursing staff that were a little unsure of what they were doing. But speak up for yourselves if you have a problem.

This is the best decision I have ever made. Regardless of where I went.

It's Mexico. They do things a little differently.

Feel confident in your choice. You won't regret getting the sleeve !!

To amanda Rae ...

I may have jumped on you a little harshly.. And your last comment was needed. Thanx

I never respond or say anything on here ... Usually. But I felt I needed to. Maybe because I know freespirit63 personally. I know nothing she says is ever done maliciously. So I really took offence to your comments.

We should be here to support one another. This is a big life changing event. Especially doing it in another country where you don't know what to expect.

We rely on the experiences of others that have been there before us.

She feels strongly about her opinions. And she should be safe to voice them here. Just like everyone else.

What I don't like is that this post has the word fatalities in the title and is clearly designed to scare off prospective patients for Dr. Garcia. I feel like the mods should just remove the whole thing.

Leelee, thanks for sharing your experience with the hospital and clearing things up with a first hand account. You were right to follow your instincts.... Here's a quick story for you...Years ago, My baby cousin was a newly diagnosed diabetic in the hospital at just 8 months old. This was one of the BEST hospitals in Massachusetts. My aunt was young a new mother and too trusting and not assertive enough. She didn't feel quite right about the nursing care but she did not assert herself because she felt it was not her place. The nurse in question gave my baby cousin a dose of insulin that was 10X the dose she was supposed to have nearly killing this poor baby. This was a big lesson to my aunt and to all of our family and one I will never forget. Would I still I still receive care at this hospital? You bet. Would I trust my instincts and walk out if I didn't trust my caregiver? You bet!

What I don't like is that this post has the word fatalities in the title and is clearly designed to scare off prospective patients for Dr. Garcia. I feel like the mods should just remove the whole thing.

Its not about what you or anyone else likes, it's the reality of things and a real concern regardless of what surgeon's name is on it. If this post was deleted, I would lose respect for this site. Yes, we all need support and positive stories, but we also need to know the bads as well.

Leelee, I've had experiences with bad nurses. After being told that I needed a picc line because my veins were to weak, a nurse came in with her cocky self assuring me she could find my vein. Well, she did. in the middle off my scan when the contrast was injected, my vein collapsed causing all of that dye to go into my arm. It swelled up to the point where it looked like I was going to burst and I ended up with a blood clot where the vein collapsed.

If I sense that anything is wrong, i'm out. I'm glad that you followed your instinct.

Btw, my last pcp has the old school EKG machine and despite it working fine, it is surely funny to look at.

Ok, I feel the need to jump back in here. I had surgery with Dr Garcia in Mi hospital on Nov 7th and I can honestly say that I have never had better care anywhere than I did in this hospital. The nurses and doctors were attentive to my every need and I did not want or need for anything!

Dr Garcia is an absolutely amazing surgeon with a very good track record. The fact that he is also a general surgeon made me feel even more comfortable.

I don't know how Leelee knew that the opportunity she was given 5 minutes before surgery was a 'better' opportunity (sounds a lot like she found a surgeon to do it cheaper to me) but to each his own.

Read these boards and you will find many many stories of greatness about Dr Garcia. You won't find many people who had even the smallest issue. Please do not base your decision on one person who chose (for no apparent reason according to her) to go with somebody else at the last minute.

Wow ... I see red with comments like that.

Your right you don't know ! And I'm not gonna bite your bait and explain myself as to how I got this " great opportunity "

I read your comments earlier and you sound like a coordinator trying to sell the hospital and surgeons.

I never said anything nasty about my experience ... Believe me I could have said more. But I would never take this experience away from anyone else. Because in the end the surgery is life changing and worth whatever each individual goes through to get there.

Your so right saying to each his own ... Cause if your experience was so exceptional and picture perfect you probably have lower standards than the rest of us.

Instead of sounding like a pretty ad for the place ... Get real and add some emotion to your experience.

This just burns me ... This is why I left. People like you giving everyone the notion that your going to a spa retreat by the beach. And then your expectations are raised to a level that can't be attained.

My surgeon wasn't cheaper as it sounds to you sweetheart. But if that makes you feel better than go ahead and put your two little cents in. Cause that's all it's worth.

And you won't find many people one here saying anything bad even about the smallest issue ... Cause when they do ... They get bullied by people like you.

And to add to lee experience, we were told it was a hospital but it was one floor clinic. Hospital beds that did not work, toilet filthy and would not flush, tv for patients that did not work, we were given a number instead if addresses by a patient name. Explain to me why a floor that has patients who are not able to eat and have not eaten for weeks would have a kitchen from which the scent of the food would be very strong. These patients are there because food is already an issue. The atmosphere was cold, no one came in to make a patient feel warm and relaxed. Lee almost had a blown vein and no Fluid was going in the vein for 3 hours, this is a patient who expressed anxiety earlier. I am sorry u just could not keep this to myself. Thank God my friend who lives in Mexico was there to rescue us.