Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help - Was Sleeved On Monday The 12Th

It is also normal to feel like you want to cry. Your body is going through a lot of hormonal changes and getting used to the major surgery you went through. I went through the same thing as dis many others I know. Mine urge to cry lasted for about 10 days and was gone as quick as it came on. I am 2 months out now and feeling so much better. It does get better, give yourself time.

My feelings were very intensified from day three to apprx day seven and I had very weird dreams which really sucked. I am fine now. It's just a distant memory. It will be fine just give it time.

I wanted to cry a few times in the hospital and few here at home. But then my warped logic kicked it. I said to myself "Self, you can't cry. Do you know how hard you worked sipping that bottle of Water? ! Now you're going to cry it out?! I don't think so!"

Heating pad for the gas. I forgot about the heating pad! I wish I could just bounce up and down and giggle it all out. But if I did that, I know I definitely would cry!

I was also sleeved on Nov 12th... yesterday was ok but today I feel weak... tired... and dizzy :/ The gas pain in my chest and left shoulder are driving me nuts!!! I need to get up and walk but I am scared too... I am home alone. Murphys Law... my mother was going to care for me but I haven't seen her once due to her having the flu :(

I haven't read all the replies.outside of walking and pain meds, a heating pad REALLY helped me with the gas.

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

Egg drop Soup came in pretty early in my recovery. My local Chinese buffet gave me a quart for a few bucks. I used them later for a take home buffet trip which we munched on for days. I love that place! The staff was very kind.

How far out until you can eat this

Update: Friday 11/16. The beachball size adomen is not a basketball LOL. I slept more last night and I'm able to walk around better today. I drank 1/2 a Protein Shake that I made (chocolate) drank Water and "slow move tea". Dear God I hope that tea works! Called the Hospital today to ask if it was "ok" that I didn't have a movement since last Friday! Dr. said he was not worried and that I could take something over the counter. Well I have none of that in my house, so I used the tea. As far as being hungry - I think what I am feeling is hunger. I mean I am hungry! Anyone else? I'm feeling deprived right now. I would kill to be able to eat a piece of chicken and salad. Or a yogurt. Anyway, I stuck my finger in Peanut Butter and put just a tiny pit in my mouth and let it melt to nothing and followed it with a sip of water. What the heck. Maybe once the scale goes down I will feel better about all of this. What a whinebag I feel like. Got to get my head back in the game. Egg drop Soup sounds good! When could you eat that?

I was sleeved on the 12th also and have had a pretty good recovery so far. No bad gas pains and I've been getting about 2 shakes a day. I've also been able to have a couple ounces of Tomato Soup which is a nice change to the same old shakes I've been on for a couple weeks. The one problem I seem to have occasionally is the pain under my breastbone if I drink something too fast. At this point it's all about learning how my new body is working. I have been salivating over recipes that I can't wait to try and watching the food channel a lot though LOL

I was sleeved on thr 12th as well today I feel 100% better. I didnt wake up last night at all with gas pains in my chest. Just looking for something different to consume. Im soo bored of Clear Liquids I ate baby food this.morning n seemed ok ,but I dont want to push it. I know every dr is different on when they say you can move onto other stages

First week was hellish ...crap the month for me was hellish. Several people here said that GasX strips that dissolve on your tongue helped. Walking helps even though you may not feel like it...it does help. I could not drink Water until 2 months out. I drank unsweetened tea through a straw the first 2 months along with Unjury shakes and Soup. Now..some doctors freak at the notion of a straw. However, I asked my dietitian was scientific basis was the recommendation o no straws based on and of course there wasn't any..it's a suggestion because they think you may gulp air with a straw. I actually get less air with a straw then sipping, so that is something to try. If you feel dehydrated, call your dr. You can always go in for some IV fluids.

Wow. It's great to hear that nov 12 sleevers are doing so well. I am a nov12 sleever and I'm struggling to get my fluids in. I threw up constantly the day of and day after surgery. I'm thinking my stomach is still swollen quite a bit. Any suggestions? I have been out and about. I took a stroll through the mall and target today but I still feel pretty yucky.

Wow. It's great to hear that nov 12 sleevers are doing so well. I am a nov12 sleever and I'm struggling to get my fluids in. I threw up constantly the day of and day after surgery. I'm thinking my stomach is still swollen quite a bit. Any suggestions? I have been out and about. I took a stroll through the mall and target today but I still feel pretty yucky.

That's horrible - I'm sorry you vomited. That was my biggest fear. yes, I definitely think it is swollen - I swear that was most of my problem for the first 3-4 days. Now today, it goes down a bit easier, but hurts after a few sips - so I stop for a minute and then sip again. I'll bet your's is swollen more than most and will take another day or two. If not, call call call good luck!

How far out until you can eat this

I think it was a week to a week and a half out. My wife thinks it was 2-2/12 weeks out.

These variations of recall occur with virtually everything that we try to remember. :huh::D

GMAN, if I hadn't been married to the most amazing man and love of my life for more than 35 years, I might just give your wife a run for her money!! Hilarious!!! Just hilarious!!! BTW, the men who work with, and for, him call him GMAN. Great to read of your success. Quite an inspiration.

I am also struggling to get my fluids in. I'm doing better with Water straight from my fridge dispenser thing-a-ma-bob since it is cool and not cold. Warm teas have helped too and actually got the gas to moving quite a bit. When I drink Water too cold, it feels like I have swallowed an egg. Today is better than yesterday and progressively getting better. My largest incision hurts like hell and is extremely bruised, so I have a feeling that will hurt longer than the gas. Sorry you were so pukey. That definitely doesn't help with the swelling of your stomach. Hope things get better for you. I think there might actually be light of this self-inflicted tunnel of misery!!!!