Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help - Was Sleeved On Monday The 12Th

Good Morning - It's Thursday and I appreicate hearing that others are in the same position as I am, although I feel bad for everyone. so last night before bed I took my prescription priolsec and was scared as hell to swallow it, but I did anyway and I didn't die! LOL. Then I let a gasx strip melt on my tongue, as I swallowed it little by little I felt pain between my breastbone radiating to both sides and thought omg what did I just do, but it passed and then the gas feeling got better. I went to bed an slept five straight hours! This morning I walked a bit to the mailbox and back and started sipping grade frost Isopure from a shot glass and took two tylenol with sips of Water. Now I'm sitting watching TV and everywhere they are talking about thanksgiving food. I feel better today, weak, but better than yesterday. Not to be personal but has anyone had a bm? My last one was last Friday! Crazy. Please keep posting how you are all doing my fellow sleevers this week - it helps me to read about your progress and helps me to know that I am not alone in all of this! Your'e the best group of online people :rolleyes:

I was sleeved Tuesday as well. I made the mistake of sleeping with only a pillow last night. I've been up since 4. I just can't name my discomfort. It's my stomach but is it gas? Healing? Acid? Nausea? I don't know. I've already used my phenergan cream, protonix and a gasx strip.

Oh please tell me again this gets better. I just feel like there is a large gas bubble that my liquids have to fight to get around.

I guess misery loves company. Seems lots of us battle a bit when we get home.

I know what you mean, you can't figure out if it is gas pain, incision pain, something wrong or acid pain - right? I will tell you that today I feel a bit better than yesterday

Good Morning - It's Thursday and I appreicate hearing that others are in the same position as I am' date=' although I feel bad for everyone. so last night before bed I took my prescription priolsec and was scared as hell to swallow it, but I did anyway and I didn't die! LOL. Then I let a gasx strip melt on my tongue, as I swallowed it little by little I felt pain between my breastbone radiating to both sides and thought omg what did I just do, but it passed and then the gas feeling got better. I went to bed an slept five straight hours! This morning I walked a bit to the mailbox and back and started sipping grade frost Isopure from a shot glass and took two tylenol with sips of Water. Now I'm sitting watching TV and everywhere they are talking about thanksgiving food. I feel better today, weak, but better than yesterday. Not to be personal but has anyone had a bm? My last one was last Friday! Crazy. Please keep posting how you are all doing my fellow sleevers this week - it helps me to read about your progress and helps me to know that I am not alone in all of this! Your'e the best group of online people :rolleyes:[/quote']

Sounds like you are feeling a little better. I'm happy to hear that. I haven't tried Gas-X yet. I have to get to the store to get some and I haven't felt like going. Today for me is a little better too. I had a heartburn feeling all night and woke up with it a few times. I had my first BM this morning and that has actually helped. It sound like there is a war going on in my abdomen with all the gurgling, but it sure feels better than just one lump of gas. Water still feels like a swallowed a rock. Hoping I am on the downhill side of it now. Prayin that is true, anyway!!! At least I'm not alone. I was really getting scared that I was having some complications starting.

You cant get liquid in becouse of the swelling of the new stomach.iwas the same .each week it gets better in lots of ways.as for the gas take gas x and a liquid acid reducer.and walk lots.it will get better i can promise you that .youl be happy in a few weeks when the weight starts dropping off.its the best thing iv ever done money well spent .good luck think possitive.

I' date=' too, was sleeved Monday and I am experiencing what you have said to a T. I am definitely in the regret stage of this process. I can't drink warm or cold (especially cold) because it feels like an elephant standing on my stomach. I've been walking and having my husband beat on my back and that helps during that moment. If you find anything that helps, let me know and I will let you know if I stumble on any miracle help![/quote']

Try drinking gatorade.it got me through the first 2 weeks.

I too was sleeved on Monday 11/12. I had to dray in the hospital an extra day due to severe vomiting. Worst case of nausea. They gave me three different kinds of anti nausea meds. I guess they helped. I vomited up dried blood for the whole day of surgery and some the day after. I am home now. I'm able to get some Water down. Sips at a time. I flavor my water with a little juice or mio. I actually ate 3 baby spoons of yogurt this am. I'm finally feeling somewhat human. I will say this is tougher than I thought but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run. It's nice to have a forum with people experiencing the same issues. Good luck everyone!

For all of you guys just recovering. Record your ordeals in livid detail in a diary. When someone gives you the "you took the easy way out" nonsense make them read it....then eat it. :angry:

Well said, gmanbat!!! I'd be willing to bet that if someone said that this week, I would probably dough pop them in the nose! It is a lot harder than I thought, but besides my everyday back pain, I've been pretty blessed in that I've never really had pain before. This is my first surgery and God willing, my last!!! I'm feeling a little better each day and coming out of the "what did I do to myself" phase slowly. At least the silver lining of all of this is that I WILL lose weight instead of going through this for a MIGHT lose weight! Good luck to everyone that has had their sleeve done the past few days! We will get through this. Sure is nice to know that I'm not alone though!

gonna attempt to take the dog for a short walk so he can do his business - then maybe I will be able to my business LOL. I know I'll feel better if I can get that end moving. i hope the dog doesn't pull too much - so back to what I'm feeling. My stomach is gurggling every time I sip something. i did order Unjury chicken soup/broth really. I was really good. For 8 ozs you take in 20g Protein. so that is the only protein I got intoday, but I'm happy about it nonetheless. I think I'm at the licking my wounds stage (a/k/a feeling bad for myself stage). You all are an inspiration on this site. I wonder If I'll lose any weight after week one? My abdomen is twice the size it was when I went in for surgery still. I'll post an update tomorrow - good luck tonight everyone! and Thanks

Glad to hear you are feeling better than yesterday. It could about 2 1/2 to 3 days for the first BM to kick in for me. I was told that was normal, your body has just gone thru a tremendous shock. Be careful walking the dog that he/she doesn't pull you too much or jump up on you. The Unjury chx Soup was a savior for me also. You usually, at least i didn't lose that much the first few days 3-5, they fill you up full of fluids in hospital and you still have a lot of swelling. We all have been where you are. I am almost 2 months out and I just got my blood work back and WOW all the numbers all WAY WAY done and I am off all meds. It is tough thefirst few weeks, but definitely worth the effort. Keep your chin up and Good Luck

Egg drop Soup came in pretty early in my recovery. My local Chinese buffet gave me a quart for a few bucks. I used them later for a take home buffet trip which we munched on for days. I love that place! The staff was very kind.

I had the same feelings the first few days. I am on day 6 and feeling much better. The gas was so bad one night I could not sleep and it hurt bad to take a deep breath. I could envision poking myself with a pin to release that gas like popping a balloon! I kept walking...like 20 minutes at a time outside. It made me feel better to get out of the house and get fresh air. I bought some Gas-X chewable tablets and took one. It did seem to help. I bought the strips too but have not tried those yet. The chewable tablets have higher dose of ingredients so I hope it was okay. This morning when I got up I thought "I feel pretty darn good!"

I was also sleeved on Monday the 12th. I am having the exact same problems.. I am glad I am not alone. I have tried walking, gas x strips and nothing is helping the gas. I hope the pain goes away soon!

Also may want to try a heating pad. It helped me feel better

Beno has dissolves tablets or gas x strip I took two at a time for two days 2x a day move around walking the gas will go away