Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help - Was Sleeved On Monday The 12Th

I could not take a deep breath because of the terrible gas pains in my chest. It only lasted a few days. Try Gax-X.

For those of you that are constipated if you use Miralax remember those type of laxatives use Water to make things get moving so make sure you are getting enough fluids not just for not getting dehydrated, but to get things moving. Yes the pain meds do stop you up BIG time. You also have to keep moving to get things moving. Remember you guys aren't even a week out and these kind of problems and issues are normal. You guys will probably moved up to Puree foods very soon. I bought a magic bullet and everything the family ate I was able to eat after about 30-40 seconds in the bullet. Keep up the fluids, Protein, stay away from the "soft carbs" (mashed taters, and stuff like that) and keep up the walking.. GOOD LUCK

Hi All I am a Nov 13th sleevester and am happy to report that I am feeling a whole lot better! I almost feel normal? The gas rumbling and crampy stomach pains are few and far between and much less intense when they do show up. Hallelujah I am farting and my husband hasn't even complained. Still no bm so I am trying some MOM. My doc check in is Tuesday the 20th and I have a few questions for him. I feel like I have something in my throat. Not really annoying but kind of a maybe I have a trapped burp feeling. I have been drinking with no problems and have never had any nausea. I tried one of the Syntrax shake mixes for Breakfast and I like it. The fruit taste is a refreshing change from the milky shakes. I too having been living on the cx noodle Soup broth. Hate to waste the noodles but oh well. Cup of soup creamy chicken that you mix with hot Water is great too. The only real pain I have is near my belly button of the right side where I have a big incision and nasty bruise. I will be glad to be able to sleep on my side soon. Looking forward to Thanksgiving, the day I start pureed foods. I am goinna have squash, mashed potatoes and a smidge of pumpkin pie (no crust). All my doubts of last week are gone. I weighed myself this am and have lost a total of 20 pounds since starting preop. I think I am gonna make it!!

Karokster, Great to hear that you feeling better. If you are going to be on puree for turkey day you can have turkey as long as you puree it first. My NUT told me that if it goes in a blender I could eat. I ask "so if I puree a hamburger I can it?" She said yes, but it kinda loses it's appeal when it's pureed. GOOD LUCK

Vidalia, I had not thought about the breathing difficulty being due to gas. I think I will try the gas-x and see if that helps. I have been burping a lot. Not glad that others have had the same problem but misery does love company : )

Actually, I have been feeling a lot less miserable today. Still do not feel great though. I know it will come. I am usually a patient person but this week has certainly been a test of patience! In some ways it would be better to be at work just to keep my mind off everything else. Instead, I bought myself some new books for my Kindle. I am not THAT ready to go back to work!

Looking forward to my surgeon appointment on Tuesday. Ready to get back on some Vitamins and the B-12. In the meantime, I have been drinking the Vitamin Zero Water.

Sleeved 11/12. Doing MUCH better. 7 days ago if they had offered euthanasia.....I'd have been first in line. I'm SO glad they didn't! Incisions are still swollen, getting almost all of my liquids in and most of the Protein. I wish I could drink more. Before surgery I drank 100 ounces of Water every day. Now I'm lucky to get 30. I love this forum. I'm also interested to see how others are doing. I'm back to work as of yesterday. I'm still weak, but being in my routine helps me ALOT!

As you all know I was sleeved last Monday 11/12 and as of today I am feeling so much better. I am only down 5lbs since surgery date though. I did have a BM over the weekend and now my intestines are all messed up - not to be gross but I go a little bit all day long - loose. Anyone else like this? As far as eating goes, I can eat creamed Soups, yogurt and pudding but I don't know if I'm eating too fast or too much cuz I am not comfortable eating it. i think I am finally gettingin 30oz of h20. I'm not making Protein Shakes because I am sick of them at the moment. I am able to take my chewable Bariatric Fusion Vitamins - 4 per day and that is going well. I also see the surgeon tomorrow. Oh and my incisions are itchy as all hell - anyone else having this little problem. I want to scratch but I can't

I agree the Protein Shakes I.cant stomach... I feel great.and will be going back to work friday if the dr says its ok tomorrow. My incisions still are tapped I was told to not peel them off but yes they itch .soooo much

I was in bed yesterday watching TV with my husband and I literally forgot I had surgery a week ago. That lapse in memory was quickly erased when my incision itched all of the sudden and severely like a bug bite and I just scratched one long scratch from below my boobs to my belly button. Oh dear! I quickly remembered the surgery! My Lord that hurt!!!

As you all know I was sleeved last Monday 11/12 and as of today I am feeling so much better. I am only down 5lbs since surgery date though. I did have a BM over the weekend and now my intestines are all messed up - not to be gross but I go a little bit all day long - loose. Anyone else like this? As far as eating goes' date=' I can eat creamed Soups, yogurt and pudding but I don't know if I'm eating too fast or too much cuz I am not comfortable eating it. i think I am finally gettingin 30oz of h20. I'm not making Protein shakes because I am sick of them at the moment. I am able to take my chewable Bariatric fusion Vitamins - 4 per day and that is going well. I also see the surgeon tomorrow. Oh and my incisions are itchy as all hell - anyone else having this little problem. I want to scratch but I can't[/quote']

Was sleeved on the 14th. Lost 3 lbs. I was so upset when I saw that. I was then told some people gain from all the hospital IV fluids. I have been really hungry.. No BM yet..

Don't feel bad I was sleeved on November 12th and 2 days later I hopped on the scale and I had actually gain 10 pounds but I do believe it's because of the iv

... also the swelling and I hadn't had a bm!!!

dlinnh,

I have had the same intestinal issues. I was sleeved on the 13th. After being contipated for days, my surgeon told me to take Milk of Magnesia. I did that and then was the complete opposite for 2 days. I won't provide details to spare you. Now I am back to not going. Fortunately, I had my appointment with my surgeon yesterday. He recommended taking either Citricel, Metamucil, or Fibercon on a daily basis to get back to regularity. I picked up generic Citicel caplets yesterday so I am going to start that today. And see how it goes....haha

My incisions have been itchy too but not badly. He said they were healing well. My belly button incision is not healing as well as the others though.

I don't know about other people's surgeons but mine has me focusing on staying hydrated and not so much the nutrition at this point. He said that will come later but right now I just need to focus on drinking and not worrying about whether I am getting enough Protein. He also said that how I progress on the diet towards soft foods is really individualized. He suggested just trying out small new things and seeing how I do. The guide that they give us is the most practical for the average person but it is not an absolute. Each of us are different in how we tolerate foods at this point. I have been fortunate in that everything I have tried at this point has not been a problem.

The one thing he said that I found helpful is that I am not going to hurt my staples or anything by trying a "new" food. Like if I try a scrambled egg. The worst that will happen will be that my stomach won't tolerate a particular food and I will feel sick. I definitely am playing it safe because I don't want to feel sick on the stomach but I was relived to hear I did not need to worry about "hurting" my new tummy.

Had my surgery on the 14th, and I felt the same way, after surgery the pain meds I took were only for the gas pains. I spent the first night at home completely unable to sleep and regretting everything. For me I found walking around a lot, plus a heating pad really helped.Now I'm 7 days post op and feeling much more like my normal self.

Wanted to know how everyone is doing? I was sleeved on Nov 12th... today marks 2-wks :)

I'm down 20 pds... today I started my Soft foods and feel ok! I do have a problem with drinking Water :( I just seem to forget. At this point I only drink 1 16oz water bottle per day :/

How are you???

What are you eating???