Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

L8BloomR,

No I have not had a fill, so I thought it would be fine. Maybe it was just the cold Water I drank in the morning? I only had a few sips, but maybe that was it.

terrimck, you will be fine. I had one last meal the last night too, I thought OMG, I am not going to get surgery, my liver will be too fat. But everything went well. I mean, really, we are all overweight, or we wouldn't be getting the band. Hows the doc to really know how much fat your liver had before that meal? Maybe they do, I don't know.

Lady Janey, I am going to look for that book tomorrow. Are the recipes for the long haul, or mostly for recent post op, pureeds and mushies?

Kristi

The recipes are for anyone! They are very high Protein low fat low carb but very delicious. After each recipe, in a sidebar, she gives directions on how to adept it for lap band, bypass or DS. Today I had a broccoli omlett with shallots and then turkey francese (which I made with flounder) which was the meat sauteed in egg and parmagane cheese and served with wine and chicken broth sauce. Then I just pureed the whole thing! She also has recipes for smoothies.< /p>

For me, it's especaily interesting because we both had our bands done at Columbia Presbyterian in NY.

It's the greatest

Hi everyone. I wanted to share my experience since I've learned so much from everyone sharing their experiences. I was banded yesterday in San Francisco by Dr. Cirangle at California Pacific Medical Center. It was as good as I could have wanted it. Surgery took approx. 1.5 hrs. When I woke up on the recovery room I had a splitting headache, some pain and nausea. Nothing I couldn't handle. Because my surgery was late in the afternoon and because I was doing this solo (I'm from Hawaii and came to San Francisco by myself) I stayed overnight at the hospital. I didn't have any pain from gas. In fact my pain from surgery was mild. The nausea bothered me the most but was quickly taken care of with medication. I was able to walk around but when I did the nausea got worst. All of this was still very tolerable. I had ice chips throughout the night and had my first meal this morning at 8 am. No problem with my meal. I had a cup of chicken broth, a cup of Jello, a popcicle and protien shake. I took my time and spent two hours having my meal. I was discharged and went back to my hotel room and took a nap. I spent this afternoon shopping around Union Square in San Francisco!!! I leave tomorrow to return to Hawaii.

I'm not hungry and have been drinking my Protein Shake throughout the day.

Now my real journey begins!!!

Aloha

Lea

Hi everyone, thanks for the encouragement. I had a good day today. I just need to make it through wed and thur and I'll be ready to go. I noticed some of you talking about the lumb in your throat. I was wondering if this is acid reflex. I feel like I have been struggling with this the last month or so. Will this get worse after surgery and is there something they will recommend for post surgery issues. Also, thanks for all the recipes- some of you are very creative. :)

Terri

Hi everyone. I wanted to share my experience since I've learned so much from everyone sharing their experiences. I was banded yesterday in San Francisco by Dr. Cirangle at California Pacific Medical Center. It was as good as I could have wanted it. Surgery took approx. 1.5 hrs. When I woke up on the recovery room I had a splitting headache, some pain and nausea. Nothing I couldn't handle. Because my surgery was late in the afternoon and because I was doing this solo (I'm from Hawaii and came to San Francisco by myself) I stayed overnight at the hospital. I didn't have any pain from gas. In fact my pain from surgery was mild. The nausea bothered me the most but was quickly taken care of with medication. I was able to walk around but when I did the nausea got worst. All of this was still very tolerable. I had ice chips throughout the night and had my first meal this morning at 8 am. No problem with my meal. I had a cup of chicken broth, a cup of Jello, a popcicle and protien shake. I took my time and spent two hours having my meal. I was discharged and went back to my hotel room and took a nap. I spent this afternoon shopping around Union Square in San Francisco!!! I leave tomorrow to return to Hawaii.

I'm not hungry and have been drinking my Protein Shake throughout the day.

Now my real journey begins!!!

Aloha

Lea

Hi Lea,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I would have known... I work with California Pacific Medical Center, and although I am recovering in Burbank, CA I could have sent friends to see if you needed anything!! Take lots of care. Your doc might be the one to do my fills... :clap2: :clap2:

Mine was not painless either...never had any surgery before and wasn't prepared for the pain after. Had mine done on 11-09 and still feel like someone stabbed me. My Dr. says everything is real good though...It does get a little better every day. Not going back to work till 11-27. Good luck ...I'm sure you will do fine.

Well I had my surgery yesterday. I coulnt have asked for anything better. I was in at 7 and out by 1. A liitle gas pain in my sholder - used heating pad and walked - fixed it right up. I got 4 incisions, one in my bellybotton which you cant see. Not bad. A little sore today, like someone punched me. I had lost 14 lbs pre-op - biggest loser of he day :clap2:

I am going to have my dh take photos tonight and post them. I think they look great!

Best of luck to all who follow!

Amy

277/263/148

Well it's been two days since my lap-band and I feel a little sore around my stomach. Still tolerable though. I have pain meds and have been taking them to keep myself comfortable. The pain is mostly when I sit down and get up. My flight back to Hawaii is in a few hours and I'm looking forward to being back home.

I'll update my progress later.

Aloha,

Lea

Amy---glad to hear that you are doing so well! I hope that I have a similiar experience. I am starting to get very very nervous.

Lea-Wow! that is awesome that you traveled so far for your surgery. No lapband doctors in Hawaii? I hope that you have a safe trip back home! How is it living in Hawaii?!? I bet it is wonderful!

last night I tried to eat a little applesauce thinking it would be almost a full liquid.... oh no...I think I had my first feeling of something stuck there...it was sooo uncomfortable...I tried burping and nothing....moved around and finally was able to burp and felt a little better...it was scary, I do not want to damage the band.... :faint:

:help: Those of you who are allowed mushy food after just a few days post-op, what can you eat, and does it go down ok? I am trying to sstay with a combo of clear and full iquids including some blended Soups. It makes me nervous to even eat yougurt or pudding even though I have, but I do Water it down a bit.

Also, how much have you lost on the first week after surgery? :peep: Does your tummy still feel and look swollen?

Thanks!

Amy---glad to hear that you are doing so well! I hope that I have a similiar experience. I am starting to get very very nervous.

Lea-Wow! that is awesome that you traveled so far for your surgery. No lapband doctors in Hawaii? I hope that you have a safe trip back home! How is it living in Hawaii?!? I bet it is wonderful!

Where are you having it done? It will be great! We are almost teh same weight!

Best luck!:clap2:

Those of you who are allowed mushy food after just a few days post-op, what can you eat, and does it go down ok? I am trying to sstay with a combo of clear and full iquids including some blended Soups. It makes me nervous to even eat yougurt or pudding even though I have, but I do Water it down a bit.

Also, how much have you lost on the first week after surgery? :peep: Does your tummy still feel and look swollen?

---

I was given pureed peaches in the hospital for lunch the day after surgery. They gave me mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner that night. (I'm waiting on a call from the Patient Care Representative as I felt I should have been given a diet similar to what they expect me to be on at home.)

I've had pudding (made vanilla pudding with Protein Powder and Peanut Butter added for extra protein), baby food meats and vegetables (go down OK, just taste awful), mashed potatoes, yogurt, etc. with no discomfort.

My stomach looks as normal as it can wiit five bandages on it but not swollen or distended. (The bandages should start coming off soon.) I don't know how much I've lost as I don't have a scale here (go to family doctor next week) but clothes are looser fitting. Add in that the weight before surgery, taken in admissions, was almost 20 pounds less than my weight a few hours after surgery taken in my bed, and 10 pounds less than 4 days before taken at work. I did a food log for yesterday and had about 650 calories and 62 grams of Protein so I would hope I'm losing weight. I actually don't have a weight goal, per se, as much as a pant size. I know what size I'd like to be and if I'm that size, even if the pounds number is higher than ideal, I'll be happy. Plus, keep in mind that muscle weighs more than fat so if you do the proper exercise, you could easily be a smaller size but a heavier weight.

Tom

I feel so terrible today...

I have already lost 20 pounds in just under 2 weeks. Today I have been stressed out! I had mash potatoes at 11 am and then cottage cheese at 2 pm and then got a Dove candy bar and right after that I ate a ice cream bar! I don't understand! I am going to fail at this too. Right now I want to stop at McDonald's and eat a big Mac!

I feel so terrible today...

I have already lost 20 pounds in just under 2 weeks. Today I have been stressed out! I had mash potatoes at 11 am and then cottage cheese at 2 pm and then got a Dove candy bar and right after that I ate a ice cream bar! I don't understand! I am going to fail at this too. Right now I want to stop at McDonald's and eat a big Mac!

Brooksie...wow 20lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Awesome! Do not worry..you are obviously doing very well!!! try to have more protein...it keeps hunger away no sugar, sugar makes you very hungry! have sugar free ice cream if you really want some! have at least 60g of Protein you will see you will not feel hungry.