Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Dpingl, I am sorry to hear about your difficult experiences! I wonder what happened...Did you have to do a liquid diet pre-op or did you have any health concerns that may have caused the severe nausea? I hope that you are feeling better! :hug:

Ladies...and gentlemen I'm back!!!! Yeahhhhhh .. I want to specially thank all of those who gave me extra support you helped me through it...

Karen thank you hon...are you back from your surgery??

Bull...thanks for everything.

I'll post tomorrow when I'm feeling less tired...otherwise feel great...best wishes to all that are going next week too ;-)

Hi Everybody!! OK, I know it took me a little longer to report back to you all than I had hoped---I can't believe even GRACE reported back sooner than I did, since her surgery was yesterday!! YEAH for her and all the others who had surgery this past week. I couldn't wait to get back here and read all the updates! It is good to see how well you are all doing. Amazing all the different experiences, too! For me, I was as nervous as I could be, and I laughed when I heard how many of you almost walked out just before surgery. I was sitting on the hospital bed thinking, "well, why can't I just follow the same diet as I will be on after the surgery, then I wouldn't have to do this..." Yeah, right, like THAT would last!! :phanvan So I did it, and it went fine. I did have one problem, but that was unique to me, I think. I had thyroid cancer 14 years ago and have some scar tissue in my throat, so they had some trouble with my breathing tube, and I had to stay in ICU an extra day. THAT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOU, SO DON'T GET SCARED, Y'HEAR? Anyway, that was the worse part of it all...I can't believe how pain-free I am, no pain meds after the first day. Some gas pains but really the only thing I am dealing with now is diarrhea... gets rid of the gas, but makes you afraid to wander too far away from a toilet! Oh, and I walked out of the hospital... no wheelchair! I have some hunger but it leaves the minute I swallow a couple of sips of yogurt drink. This is a wonderful thing, this surgery!! Thank you everybody who asked about my surgery, and a big "YOU"LL DO GREAT!!" to those of you coming up this week!!! Yeah for our November Bandsters!! I couldn't have done this without you!! :)

Karen

Oh, I forgot.... I have 2 more things to report!

#1. Even though I only had to go on a 1-day pre-op fast, I had lost 10 pounds buy surgery day!! (I guess the nerves must have helped me eat less those last couple weeks...) I haven't weighed since then, but I will be moving my ticker when I figure out how to do that, and....

#2. I talked to Angela T. for the very first time yesterday and she sounds so cute and is doing super well!! Hurray for all us Bandsters!! :clap2:

Oh, I forgot.... I have 2 more things to report!

#1. Even though I only had to go on a 1-day pre-op fast, I had lost 10 pounds buy surgery day!! (I guess the nerves must have helped me eat less those last couple weeks...) I haven't weighed since then, but I will be moving my ticker when I figure out how to do that, and....

#2. I talked to Angela T. for the very first time yesterday and she sounds so cute and is doing super well!! Hurray for all us Bandsters!! :clap2:

Dear Karen,

I am soooo glad you are doing better! I am fine, but the gas pain is rally getting to me! Unlike you...no diahrrea...but constipation!! I wish I could goooo!:embarassed:

I am not feeling hungry...I eat so I can get my Protein in, and I cannot do the entire week of clear liquids..:omg: so I started on some smoothes and today I added oatmeal to my smoothie for fiber... Karen...you can have any liquid including yogurt it seems... is that right?

I am so glad we have each other November Bandsters! :) :Banane20: I told the women who had the surgery with me to join us...I hope they do!

To all of you going this week...good luck!! Bring the GAsX strips really!

You will all do great :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Grace, nice to know there are fellow believers out there. I am having surgery on Nov 17 and struggling with the pre op diet. I am just not a Protein Shake kinda girl. I emailed the doc and she said to have 1 piece of dry wheat toast for Breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch and then one for dinner. I started that today. What has been the hardest part for you so far and how is the eating adjustment going? I think I have lost 7 pounds this past week and hope to loose another 5 before surgery. Fill me in on how things are going for you or anyone out there. I need to make it through this week.

Terri

Does anyone know if there is a website for fellow banster that you can donate your too big clothing to someone else loosing weight. I cannot wait to finally get rid of once and for all my 4 sizes of clothing as I drop pounds this coming up year. YIPPEE. I would love to donate them to other in our situation.

Terri

Hi everyone,

This coming Wednesday is my BIG (no pun intended!) day. Congrats to everyone that has already had it done this month, and a "here goes..." to those of us yet to do it.

This board has been a great help, knowing that there are others out there that are experiencing the same excitement, fears & thoughts as myself. I just want to share one thing that came to me yesterday:

I hope this doesn't come across "corny" but this made me stop and think about how lucky I am to be able to have this done and put it all into perspective.

I met another lady online who happens to live in my city and had the lapband last November- 1 year ago. She & I met for coffee yesterday (the first time we met in person) and I asked her all those questions that I keep wondering about. (i.e. what's it like, does it hurt, can you sleep on your side, etc.) Her answer to my first question was "Geez... it seems like it was so long ago, it is hard for me to remember".

That made me put everything into perspective. I am geyting all worked up and anxious and in as little time as a year I will look back on all this and think "that wasn't so bad afterall..." BTW- the lady I met with, has lost 90 lbs. in a year and looks fantastic. Her story is an inspiration to me and I hope to you as well. Just think this time next year we will reunite on this board and hopefully be able to say "Geez, it seems like so long ago it is hard to remember!!!"

Best to all,

Jill

Dpingl,

I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. I feel extremely lucky to not have been very nauseous post op. I was a little, and it wasn't nice, so I can't imagine how you are feeling. I hope everything starts getting better.:sick

Kristi

:) Well, I banded... sigh..The first two days for me were pretty difficult. As soon as the nausea patch wore off I started vomiting:eek: ! To be honest the gas was the least of my worries. So I stopped taking (ouch,pain scale about a7)the pain meds drank chicken broth which tends to cool an upset stomach and it finally worked after two days of misery.:sick I hoping the vomiting did not cause me any problems. I did notice so extra bleed on my incisions but I suppose that normal with being sick the way I was.

The pain is now down to about a 3 with just reg Extra Strength Tylenol. :Banane20: I was honsetly hoping for a little easier go with this, AND now really hoping I never have to have it taken out!

Its nice to hear the rest of you have done so well, its probably my week stomach and age that made it a little rougher on me.

My scalle says I have lost about 7#'s! :Banane35:

Dpingl, I am soooo sorry that you didn't do as well as you had hoped. I usually do get sick for the day after a surgery, but it didn't happen this time. I can't imagine why you had such trouble. Well, it can only get better from here on out, huh?? Please get well soon and let us know how you are doing. We will have some numbers to compare, since we got banded on the same day! Keep us posted on your progress, please!!

Karen

Karen....the Milk of MAgnesia worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: I also had a yummy blended Soup for dinner! Thanks!:)

WOW, that was quick!! I am so glad "everything came out ok"... :biggrin1: Are your gas pains better now?? Keep on getting better!!

Karen