Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Karen,

Thanks for your support. I am doing much better now, gas and few aches here there is it. (I am a bit concerned about slippage just due to all the previous heaving.:sick I THINK I am down about 11 pounds as of today. Have not figured out how to move my ticker?? I am eating Soups  and yogurts and few other very liquid  mushies. I move to full mushies Wed. I have already found it I don't drink slowly I get a tightness in my chest.  I walked today for the 1st time, it was nice to get out!
I also have one shoulder that is sore because its the side that I have been sleeping on..I thought it was gas but don't think so now ..?? 

How are you doing? Do you still have all your tape on? One of mine came off in the shower today..?? 

Dpingl,

I didn't have staples, so no tape! The surgeon used a type of glue that will wear off after awhile. It has been nice to not feel the "pull" of stitches/staples, or to deal with leakage. I know from experience how much better you will feel after the staples come out, so hang on until then! As for your shoulder, I had that for the first 4 days, now it is just a pain in the left side.... 11 pounds down??? WOW!!! Is that since your surgery or from the pre-op diet?? WAAHHHHHH :cry I want to have lost 11 pounds!!!!! Good for you!

Karen

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen!

Here's what's becoming my Monday update... :) If I've missed anyone, or any changes, please let me know!

BANDED - 10/26 Jdru (Jessica) 218/206.8/125 Dr. Hansen (Honorary Nov Bandster)

BANDED - 11/1 KristiB 237/218/150 Dr. Benavides

11/1 melany72 Dr. Hargroder

11/1 frogger2479 Dr. Spivak

BANDED - 11/2 DeniseC (Denise) 226/216/130 Dr. Carbonell

11/2 CJay 345/345/??? Dr. Huacuz

BANDED - 11/2 prbrooksie 252/240/150 Dr. Malley

BANDED - 11/2 Kym828 (Kim) 278/265/175 Dr. Ortiz

11/2 KYcat74 283/283/138 Dr. Rodriguez

BANDED - 11/2 pebbles4388 249/236/150

BANDED - 11/3 Jess333 (Jessica ("Lil" Red)) 278/259/150 Dr. Ortiz

11/3 Mewton (Melissa) Dr. Ortiz

BANDED - 11/6 Lady Janey 230/212/120 Dr. Bessler

BANDED - 11/6 Lois Lane goal: -100, down 9.5

BANDED - 11/6 Strangercat (Maureen) ???/238/??? Dr. Ren

BANDED - 11/7 hadituptohere (Kim) 272/249/175 Dr. Fass

BANDED - 11/7 AngelaT (Angela) 225/217/150 Dr. Aceves

BANDED - 11/7 Jackye 225/225/150-45 Dr. Rumbaut

BANDED - 11/8 L8BloomR (Karen) goal: -105, down 10 Dr. Francis

BANDED - 11/8 dpingl goal: -92, down 11 Dr. Hoehn

BANDED - 11/8 niecyrenee goal: -232, down 15 Dr. Pitt

11/9 Keekahari (Kee) 280/245/175 Dr. Moazzez

11/9 W8onGod Dr. Rodriguez

11/9 Crystalstar11 goal: -165, down 41

BANDED - 11/9 wp84

BANDED - 11/10 FullofGRACE Dr. Curry

11/11 Page001 Dr. Kuri

11/13 Lea ???/220/130 Dr. Cirangle

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

11/13 Betsyjane Dr. Spivak

11/13 Keekahari (Kee) 278/245/175

11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: -129 Dr. Liu

11/14 yyev (Yyvonne)

11/15 tropicaljill 238/238/160

11/15 TBaileyRN

11/16 Mrs.832 Dr. Spiegel

11/17 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200 Dr. Aceves

11/17 terrimck1 (Terri) 260/252/???

11/20 Diana_G 234/234/145 Dr. Huacuz

11/20 Randi Dr. Pilcher

11/20 Veggestyle 275/?/150 Dr. M

11/20 Sunsreturn 284/284/1?? Dr. Ortiz

11/20 apinksoprano 245/245/130

11/20 Jeffslove

11/20 Laurba

11/21 Jess02 (Jess) 193/193/130 Dr. Rumbaut

11/22 MistyArmenti 315/315/??? Drs. Pucci

11/23 kathyinca (Kathy) Dr. Ortiz

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

11/28 MPJ (Michael) 289/289/165 Dr. Huacuz

11/29 DaniKLargo 234/227/140 Dr. Perez

11/30 Inner_me (Chris) 350/350/200 Dr. Cahill

11/30 Khrissy 273/273/150 Dr. Joffe

Waiting on a date:

Helensmith 213/205/125 (Doc says 113) Dr. Li

alix_1 (Alix) 222/222/140 Dr. Cirangle (Dr. change)

Aza 321/314/165 Honorary November Bandster (December?)

And the list continues to grow...what a list...

Chris

Karen...I hope you are doing better...did you take anything for you know.... like pepto bismol? By the way, do you know if there is a train from BUrbank to Ventura?

Penni said she knows of a great fill doc in Ventura for you...let me know if you want the name :) Congrats on your weight loss

Angela, I am finally getting over the diarrhea...:clap2: Now maybe I can walk a little bit further than from here to the bathroom?? I think switching to yogurt and thicker liquids made the difference...something for my body to work on alittle :) Thanks for sharing Penni's news. Oh, and I already know the great doctor in Ventura; Dr. Billie, right? I plan to switch over to him as soon as my insurance coverage runs out on the Fountain Valley doc I have now. Thanks for the info!! Yes, there is a train from Ventura to Burbank!! Let me check it out a little and I will get back to you with the info. That was a great idea!! Glad you are doing so well!!

Karen

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I had my surgery on the 7th and am now doing well. I had a few rough days with nausea and gas, but things seem to be settling down now. I am feeling like myself again, haven't had any pain meds in days. I am so excited to see how this progresses. So far, have done only Clear Liquids. I haven't had any hunger until today, so I may start some applesauce or pudding. Glad to see that everyone who had surgery recently is chugging along okay. And good luck to all the upcoming bandsters!

Hello Everyone! How are you all doing? :biggrin1:

This last weekend has been rather difficult with the liquid diet. A lot of deep, personal issues have arisen without being able to rely on food. It is embarrassing, scary...:) I love to come here and read everyones encouraging words and read about what you have been dealing with. Thank you thank you thank you. :)

Karen--thank you for your encouraging words. Glad that you liked the picture! My sister is doing ok, they are still playing a lot with her medicine to bring her thyroid levels down. She had stage 3 thyroid cancer and needed to have two surgeries and radiation. She is a survivor!!

I had my surgery on Nov 6th and my port is really bothering me. It doesn't really hurt anymore (unless I bang it or something), but I feel it there, just below the skin and it really bothers me. When I sit on the floor, I feel it digging into me. Since I'm a pediatric Occupational Therapist, I spend a good deal of my day on the floor hunched over, and the port is getting mighty annoying. I hope this goes away!

Hi all glad to see everyone is doing well. Day 4 post op I'm feeling much better...each day seems to get better and better. I had no nausea only sharp pain when breathing which must have been gas as it has gotten better and better each day. I grow more and more worried now about all the foods people say they can't tolerate...what a learning process this is gonna be.

As for you pre op diet veg I was there and it was very difficult but you can do it and it will make ur surgery so much better so hang in there.

Karen--thank you for your encouraging words. Glad that you liked the picture! My sister is doing ok, they are still playing a lot with her medicine to bring her thyroid levels down. She had stage 3 thyroid cancer and needed to have two surgeries and radiation. She is a survivor!!

Cassandra,

How long has it been since your sister was diagnosed? My cancer was already in my lymph nodes. But it has been 15 years now and I am cancer free.... please let her know that!

How's the pre-op fast going? Hang in there---you will be glad you did!:)

Karen

New here. Read posts when I was considering the band several months ago. I was banded on 11/7 (Tuesday) by Dr. Makami at Ohio State University. Other than keeping me in hospital for an extra day, it's not been nearly as bad as I thought. I had no pre-op diet but have been following healthy low-carb diet for 6 months (lost about 30 pounds on own with that). I got nothing the day of surgery, Jello the morning after and then on to smooth foods. Get that for two weeks and move to "normal" foods. Getting bored with "blenderized" foods. Not hungry, just bored. Have trouble eating 6 times a day just because nothing is overly apetizing. Rarely even snack on the allowed jello/popsicle, etc.

The hardest part for me was I got a new puppy Saturday and chasing after her, especially bending over, can be a bit of a challenge.

Any suggestions for more apetizing smooth foods would be MORE than welcome.

Tom

Well, I am like a lot or you- getting bored with eating liquids. I think my stoma(is that what it's really called) is getting bigger due to the weight loss and I guess from the swelling going down. I know we aren't really supposed to be losing weight fast, but the first week it just flew off, and over the last 5 days I have only lost 1 lb! I know, I know. Just wait, it'll happen. Its so hard to do! I am so excited, and I want to get on with my skinny life!! O, and I forgot to crush my allegra on Friday night, so can you guess what happened Saturday morning after only having a few sips of Water? Yep. threw up. Only one time, so that's good. I thought I was going to die, the pain is so bad when you get blocked. I won''t be doing that again.........

Tom, I don't have very good ideas about the liquids, I am so bored with it also. I have frozen crystal light and enjoyed that. My birthday was the 7th, so I had a small small bit of ice cream, hey it liquefies! Imagine that. I also have as much Water as I can stand, because I feel like I am getting dehydrated. And maybe a kidney infection, too. If you are still doing the Protein drinks, I used some of the dry Protein powder flavored strawberry, added about 4 real strawberries, some strawberry or vanilla yogurt, and some ice and splenda, it tastes pretty good. I did that pre op, tho, so I dont know how those seeds would go down post op. Most of them floated to the bottom, so you wouldn't get many if you don't drink the suds at the bottom.

Everybody, glad to hear you are all doing better. I think we need to start posting some of our "favorite" mixed drinks to share. I know there is a thread about that going on somewhere, but if you folks are like me, you don't have time to read many threads.

Kristi

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. My surgery is wednesday of this week. 11/15/06. I have about 100 pounds to loose and I am not nervous about the surgery just about actually loosing weight or not loosing weight is really what scares me.

I know that I have to loose this weight to live again and so that is what is so scarry that this is the last option and it is so close.

I am excited too! I can not wait! Actually I can not wait to get it over with and to be able to get back to normal activities.

Well nice ot meet you guys!

Thanks, Kristi. I didn't have to ANY liquid before surgery.

Here's some of what I've played with. I take 1/2 package SF Carnation Instant Breakfast, Milk chocolate flavor, 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey Protein, 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter, 1/2 small banana and blend well. I then add a handful of ice cubes and blend more. I also take 4 oz of the sippable yogurt (both Weight Watchers and Yoplait have sugar free versions), 1/2 banana, some Protein Powder and ice and it makes a refreshing drink.

Tonight, I wanted something different so I took 2 tablespoons of fruit cocktail with splenda and 1/2 cup of cook oatmeal, a bit more splenda, and blended it. It was good, but not overly high in Protein.< /p>

I'm going to try liquid eqq with the vanilla protein powder and maybe vanilla instant Breakfast for an egg-nog type beverage. I usually only drink egg nog if it's mostly rum but guess I'll forgo that part for now. <G>

I've been taking my pills without complication. The day after surgery when they tried to get me out of bed, I got very dizzy and nauseated, thus the extra day stay. On the way home, I got real hot and light headed and had a couple dry heaves but so far pretty good. They gave me an Rx for nausea. I took one yesterday as a friend took me in to town to replenish baby food and other essentials and I was worried that the activity might affect me. Other than being tired, I did fine and shopped in three different stores.

Need to incorporate more veggies into the smooth routine. I haven't found a way to disguise the baby food pureed veggies into something edible.

Tom

Hi Zana,

Mine is wednesday too :-) Just remember we are all in this together and we are just a click away for support.

Tom, great ideas. Thanks. I have a feeling it will come in handy in a few days.

Amy, we will be thinking about you tomorrow.

I leave tomorrow for my journey (dr. is 4 hours away) so will be back in touch when I am banded. WOW! Did i just say that?!?!

Jill