Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I went today for my pre admission testing at the hospital... I have never been happy about a surgury before. I just can't wait to get on with things.

My dr never even asked me to do a pre surgical weight loss, I have been doing a pre surgical weight gain. I called today to see if I missed him saying that, and they said no.. see you on Wednesday!

I am glad everyone is going well.

Keep it up!

Misty

Ha! I called my Dr's office today to say I have been pretty good, but I don't feel like there's a restriction. I feel like I could eat anything without a problem. She said even without the first fill, the restriction is still there and will help, and that if I didn't believe her, I should go drink two big glasses of Water and they would come back up. Being one who sometime has to learn from experience, I did it, and it did.

Ha! I called my Dr's office today to say I have been pretty good, but I don't feel like there's a restriction. I feel like I could eat anything without a problem. She said even without the first fill, the restriction is still there and will help, and that if I didn't believe her, I should go drink two big glasses of Water and they would come back up. Being one who sometime has to learn from experience, I did it, and it did.

Guess you won't do that again? :(

If we weren't stubborn individuals set in our ways, would we be going through this?

Tom

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!!:rolleyes: My surgery was 8 days ago, and I feel like you; as if I can eat anything and it wouldn't be a problem. Being one who does NOT want to EVER throw up, I appreciate the test you did... I will believe you and not test it myself.. Thank you!

I am starting to not feel that great, I think I may be coming down with a sinus infection and I am totally worried that I may need to have my surgery rescheduled. It is not uncommon for me to have sinus headaches when the weather fluctuates as it does so often in Chicago. However, the pressure and congestion is starting to feel worse. I have been holding everything together so well until this afternoon where I just started bawling at work none the less, luckily another woman at my work who has recently been banded was there to help me! Cross your fingers that I dont have to reschedule this surgery!

Vegge, can you try some ZiCam nasal swabs? They will halt almost anything if you start them early enough. I started to catch a cold right before my surgery, and the Zicam got rid of it. Good luck!! This is an emotional and stressful time so it is easy to get sick. :sick Hang in there.... we are pulling for you!

Karen

Is 60 grams of Protein really too much? I know you can get too much protein. I've been living off of my liquids now for a week. I'm doing good on pureed Soups. I'll be on liquids for another week. I'm actually a little scared to start solids. And now I'm especially scared to get my first fill with all the horror stories I've read the past few days.

Kickiegirl,

I believe that 60 grams is about right, at least by my chart. I understand how you are feeling about your first fill...me too! But we will get through this! Good luck!

Karen

Hi,

I want to join this thread of November bandsters, my surgery date is coming up soon. I have mixed emotions, and postponed my surgery once. I think this time I am going all the way. Tired of having no energy,& wanting to sleep all day. I want to enjoy life.

Becka, I agree with you. I am too tired of being tired. I am adopting a little 6 year old and I want to be able to be active in sports with her, have the energy to be great at work and great as a mom and all that extra weight really does hinder you. I am going in to be banded in the morning and will let you know how it goes. I have not been able to sleep all night long because I am so excited. Only worried about never being able to eat certain things again and that is just plain old silly. I am tired food ruling my emotions and am sure that part will be harder than the surgery. Hang in there- you can do it, once and for all. No more YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO.

Terri

It's good to be cautious and think it through every way that you need to. Having surgery and having a foreign object inserted in your body is not something to be taken lightly.

I almost postponed my surgery, and I kept going over lesser options just to reassure myself that I had tried everything else first. And when I was coming out of the anaesthetic, I was dismal...thinking that I shouldn't have done it, wanted it out. Panicked about wanting to eat and not being able to...wondering what to do with all the hours I would get back that have been spent either eating or being too low in energy to do anything beyond TV. By the end of the day of my surgery, all of that changed. I'm learning how to eat and feel satisfied. I'm learning how to structure my day differently. But none of it seems really foreign or deprived. I just feel like I'm beginning to "naturally" be one of those lucky people who can eat a bit, push away from a table and say "Wow, I'm full! The portions they give here are ridiculous!" I'm just barely beginning to be that person who is health-conscious (which I am anyway), and on whom it really shows. I am mentally rehearsing being a moderate health nut. I like it. I'm still dealing with horrible gas from the surgery, so I can't strut yet, but I'm strutting in my own mind.

I'm so pleased with my band and want to take such good care of it for taking good care of me. I think I'll name it. I'm open to suggestions. Hmmm. Is this why men name their .......?

:wave: Hello everyone! Things have been so crazy going back to work. My desk was piled high; I thought I would never find the bottom!! Thank goodness this morning I have time to get online and see how everyone is doing. I have missed this!!

My gas pains have finally all left. Thank goodness! They were the worst part. Overall, feeling great! On the downside, I have been at the same weight all week. I can't get the scale to move no matter what I do.:faint: I am on 3 - 4 oz. meals a day and two small Protein Shakes a day. Full liquids but I have added in a few mushie things just for some substance. Not doing bad with stomach hunger but head hunger is another thing. I am ignoring it. :rolleyes: I don't know what to do to get the scale to move. All I am allowed to do at this point is walk and I have been doing that. Any suggestions? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Denise:Cry:

Hello Everyone! Does anyone know where Angela has been? I miss her!

Well, I am still not feeling that great, but my surgeon prescribed me some augmentin, which I wont be able to take until this afternoon, since last night Walgreens botched the prescription somehow. I am so so tired, I just want to go home and lay down! My head feels like it is in a vice!

I got a sinus infection the week before my surgery. Call your surgeon now and get on an antibiotic...my surgery was not rescheduled because I had a week on antibiotics...call now!

I was banded 11/14 and everything went well. The only problems that I am having is terrible gas and absolutely no appetite. In the past 3 days, I have only managed to force down 1/2 cup (total) of sugar-free vanilla pudding. Does anyone know if that is normal or a problem?

Hello Everyone! Does anyone know where Angela has been? I miss her!

Well, I am still not feeling that great, but my surgeon prescribed me some augmentin, which I wont be able to take until this afternoon, since last night Walgreens botched the prescription somehow. I am so so tired, I just want to go home and lay down! My head feels like it is in a vice!

Dear Cassandra,

I am here! Thanks for noticing. I hope you will feel better soon. Also use a xylitol based nasal spray...all natural, I use it and it works wonders...it is a natural antiviral...xylitol by the way is also used as a sweetner. You can get it at Whole Foods or Viatmin Shoppe if you have one near you. Let me know how you feel ina couple of days. :rolleyes:

I have been a bit under the weather. I think I was not getting enough nutrition and since Wed. my legs felt like rubber...i could not walk very long. Yesterday I felt a bit better so walked to the mall with my Mom, slowly... shopped a bit. Sat down for a low cal, low carb mocha... stood up and I thought I was going to faint...couldn't really walk. My sister had to go and get a wheelchair and they wheeled me to the car...I was so embarrassed! Got home and my mom made me a substantial chicken and broccoli Soup and blended it really well and I drank a big bowl. i also drank a Protein Drink with lots of vitains and mineral. Since I have not been able to take my usual Vitamins and supplements I think my body went into shock also. Today my TOM appeared...that does not help...inflammation on top of post-surgical inflammation!:faint:

Other than that, I have taken brief looks at the board only... I am not at home and have to use the computer at my mother's building business center.

Karen...Good thing we did not make plans...I would not have been able to make it at all!

Hope everyone is Ok ;)