Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I am so excited, I finally have a date for my surgery. I had my first Dr appointment in August and have been on a rollercoaster ride ever since. So many doctors and so many tests to go to and through :mmph: I wondered if I would ever get through with it all. Well then I did and I waited and waited :) and waited. And called the doctor's office and bugged the nurse:paranoid and waited :notagree and waited :faint: Then finally she called, like an angel, and gave me a date :clap2: November 29th :dance: So I too will be a November bandster :banana I am excited beyond words. Even though I am going to have to be a self pay ( I gave up fighting with insurance company after 6 months) I know it will all be worth it. Well just wanted to share my excitement.

Chrissie

I am so excited, I finally have a date for my surgery. November 29th :dance: So I too will be a November bandster :banana I am excited beyond words. Even though I am going to have to be a self pay ( I gave up fighting with insurance company after 6 months) I know it will all be worth it. Well just wanted to share my excitement.

Chrissie

That is wonderful Chrissie! The 29th will be here before you know it! It will be well worth your wait! Congrats! :clap2:

Denise

I am on full liquids and am only to have 3-4 oz. meals a day. I can have things such as blended Soups and even Cereal as long as it is soggy. I was doing great with this until Friday and things went downhill. I listened to my head and cheated by having some real food...and more than my 4 oz. unfortunately. :faint: I did chew everything to mush but I did it like 4 or 5 different times. I feel REALLY horrible about it and am trying to "safeguard" myself from doing it anymore. The scale is basically the same, thank goodness, I just hope I haven't done any damage or anything. Everything still feels the same and everything went down fine. Surely I would know if I had slipped or anything like that. Is anyone else struggling like me or am I alone on this? I feel like such a failure but I know that tomorrow is another day and I am determined to not let this get me down. I just have to stop!!

Denise

I,too, am a Nov.8th bandster and today I cheated for the first time. Not because I was belly hungry but head hungry. I only felt bad for a second because I know it's going to happen again. I have thought of myself as a failure for so long I refuse to do it anymore. :clap2: I'm sure you didn't do any harm and now you have to forgive yourself.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

donamarie

Denise, I am another Nov. 8 Bandster.... I am wondering about your meals, did you mean that you are only supposed to eat 3 meals a day, of 4 oz each? I am supposed to eat something every 2 hours, that helps alot!! I start the 3 meals plus Snacks next week. It is no wonder you cheated with so few meals! Please don't beat yourself up! I would increase the amount of meals you have each day and keep your Protein level up....You will do fine, but this is a huge adjustment and you need to find what works for you!! Hang in there!!

Karen

Misschrissy: Congratulations on your Band-Date!! :clap2: We are happy to have you join us and we will look forward to sharing in your adventure! Keep posting!

Karen

Hi everyone.... just had to share my first non-scale victory: I tried on my wedding ring today and it fit!! I haven't been able to wear it for the last 2 years, and didn't want to have it re-sized AGAIN (the band is getting thin), so this felt wonderful!! P.S. My hubby of almost 38 years is happy, too......;)

Thanks for being there!

Karen

Hi everyone.... just had to share my first non-scale victory: I tried on my wedding ring today and it fit!! I haven't been able to wear it for the last 2 years, and didn't want to have it re-sized AGAIN (the band is getting thin), so this felt wonderful!! P.S. My hubby of almost 38 years is happy, too......;)

Thanks for being there!

Karen

YEAH!!!!!! Congratulatuons!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I also had a little one... ablouse I bought before surgery that didn't quite button, buttoned all the way today!

Hello Everyone!

I was a little delayed this morning...but...Good luck to all who are beginning their life changing journey this week!

Here's this weeks lineup...

11/20 Diana_G 234/234/145 Dr. Huacuz

11/20 Randi Dr. Pilcher

11/20 Veggestyle (Cassandra) 275/260/150 Dr. M

11/20 Sunsreturn 284/284/1?? Dr. Ortiz

11/20 apinksoprano 245/240/130

11/20 Jeffslove

11/20 Laurba

11/21 Jess02 (Jess) 193/193/130 Dr. Rumbaut

11/22 MistyArmenti 315/315/??? Drs. Pucci

11/23 kathyinca (Kathy) Dr. Ortiz

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

Safe travels to those who are traveling. We will see you on the other side! Make sure you come back and check-in as soon as you are able.

Chris

Chris: Thank you! :clap2: You are :first: You rule! :rockon: Way to go!:cheer2:

Karen ;)

YEAH!!!!!! Congratulatuons!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I also had a little one... ablouse I bought before surgery that didn't quite button, buttoned all the way today!

Thanks, Angela..... this feels GOOD, huh?? Makes all those liquid meals worth it!! Congratulations to you!!

Karen

Hello Everyone--Well here I am after surgery not even 24 hrs. later. Everything went very smoothly. I was at the hospital from 6am until 3pm and I was so so worried about everything, but all went really well. Everyone at the hospital was super nice and concerned. The nutritionist and bariatric cooridinator stopped by and visited me in the recovery room. The cooridinator brought me a bag full of goodies, including a card that requests restaurnats to let me order off of the kids menu. I even got a sippy cup too!

My surgeon also came to talk with before the surgery which I thought was very nice of him. Everyone made sure that I was totally comfortable and then they wheeled me away to the OR. Surprise, surprise, one of the surgical nurses is one of my classmates at the massage therapy school I am attending! Small world, well actually it really is out were I live here in the country.

Right now my stomach is very very swollen, and it is almost unbearable to lie down and then lie back up. When my pain meds. start to wear off I feel miserable, but then I just take them again and I am O.K. My only concern right now is that one of my incisions appers to still be bleeding, not really bad, but in the middle of the night when I had to get up to go the bathroom, the movement made the incision to start to bleed. My BF called the doctor last night who was on call and he said that it is not terribly uncommon, but I think I should still call my surgeon again today...?

I am going to be going now, I am getting really tired and sore. I hope you are all well.

Yeah Karen nice job on the ring I'm sure that feels incredible physically and mentally.

And welcome back Vegge glad to know you are doing well post-op.

Hi November bandsters,

small update... i am down 15 lbs since my nov 2nd surgery.. i have not lost anything in a week though... but thats ok because i have officially gotten my big butt back into my 18 jeans without even laying down. i had completely out grown them and my 20's were getting very tight. so i am excited to have more choices in my closet right now.

i have started walking 2 miles a day on the treadmill to force myself to walk at a faster pace.

i also started eating my first solid meals on monday. i ate half a jr hamberger from wendys and 5 fries and i was stuffed. i could have eaten more but i could feel things starting to back up inside and knew it was best to stop.

i have no fill yet and i will wait until i am at a complete standstill with no wt loss for 4 wks in a row before i get a fill. that is my own personal strategy as i dont want to be so tight that i cant enjoy regular foods. i want to live with this tool, and eat like a small person and so far it is working.

i just wanted to share my happiness so far with my band.

thanks,

kim

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery yesterday along with 4 other gals. We are all doing great. no complications. I don't even have the dreaded gas pains. ;) We should be leaving the hospital soon today and then back to our hotel. I feel great!

Good to future bandsters...there's nothing to worry about....it's very quick and easy!

Hi All,

Had my surgery on 11/16 and it went wonderful!!! I had minimal pain (like I had done 200 sit ups) and was walking around after. My sugery took 35 mins. I love, love, loved my doctor!!! His philosophy is that the band is not for weightloss. It is to help you get a new lifestyle, to be healthy. The weightloss is a side effect of that lifestyle. He truely wants you to succeed. If anyone is going to MX, and is scared or looking for a Dr., I completely recommend Dr. Aceves and his team. The hospital I was in was cleaner (yes cleaner) then our hospitals here. The staff was far nicer to me and to eachother also. They were also very concerned about my companion. No one can ever say a negative word to me about going to MX again. I have lost 11lbs as of today (yeah!!!)