Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Cassandra, you are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing that beautiful picture. I don't think you need to worry about being too weak after surgery. I think Angela's situation is less common than usual. I would say the biggest thing to do is make sure you have plenty of high-Protein liquids on hand and to remember to have them about every 2-3 hours. Don't wait until you get too hungry! Good luck... I know your journey will begin in a few days. We will be here for you!

Karen

Okay, well I can't figure out how to fix my ticker. I tried to adjust it, but now can't remember how I got the darn thing in there in the first place. :help: :cry

Kristi

It's actually pretty easy. Just go to Tickerfactory.com and enter your info and just highlight the area you want and hit Control C, then go to your profile, delete your old ticker, and hit Control V to copy your new ticker. Don't forget to hit Save. Hope this helps.

Well, I did it. Banded Friday and home today in my nice comfy bed. Dr. Ortiz and team were wonderful and thankfully I only live 45 minutes away. I met some awesome girls and while in the waiting room a very skinny hot girl and I like guys walked in and had the surgery two years ago and lost 100 lbs. She was so beautiful not because she was skinny because she was beaming and felt great from the inside out. Nice to see and I want that. How about you girls. Well the clears start now for a week or so and we will see how that goes. The gas pains not too bad. I got the VG for some reason. Must of had tooooo much fat around the stomach but I could have told them that :) I wonder what changes that brings to the table . I did not study up on the VG.

Thanks,for the support gals.

Terri

:help:

Hi All!

Well I had my surgery last week and doing great!

So very excited!

One question. First I have been pretty good for my liquid/mushies diet. My only concern is that sometimes (not just after food) i get saliva bubbles in my mout, not enough to make me spiy, but enough to bug! Any insite to this? It in my mind? Am I doing something wrong??

Please help!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for months and now that I've finally made my decision and have a surgery date (November 29) I thought I'd post for the first time.

I'm kind of nervous and excited at the same time. I can't wait to get going and see some real results. I want to live longer and this is my chance to do so. I've researched and lurked around chats and gone to support meetings for about a year and a half or better before I finally made up my mind.

November 22 I will start my pre-op full liquid diet. I think the liquid diets are my greatest fear. I can't imagine not chewing, just swallowing my food. I think I'll be so hungry I'll feel sick. I tried a can of SlimFast the other day and it almost did me in. I truly can't stand it. I can't get past the smell and the thick milk taste. (I'm not crazy about milk. Can anyone tell me if flavored Protein Powder in skim milk is the same as drinking a Slim Fast? I sure hope so. I purchased Unjury Protein powder and it sure smell better. From what I hear everyone who's tried it has liked it much better than any other protein powder. I ordered it online.

I'm just hoping I can have the laparoscopic technique! I can't really afford to take off more work with the open band surgery. My Dr. said my stomach was "tight" and he didn't think he had a whole lot of room to work in, but he said he'd give it his best shot! I also have Coronary Artery Disease and Diabets Type II on insulin and he told me I was his highest risk patient. I almost chickened out. I get comfort from reading most of the posts, but I admit, some of them scare me...especially the pbing stuff. I HATE to throw up!! Maybe that alone will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Well, wish me luck.

Cheryl

Lois, I figured it out. I was trying to put it in the signature line, not using the little mountain icon. Thanks......

Kristi

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for months and now that I've finally made my decision and have a surgery date (November 29) I thought I'd post for the first time.

Well, wish me luck.

Cheryl

Good luck Cheryl!! This is a very scary decision to make but staying like we are makes our future very scary as well. The liquid diet isn't at bad as I thought it would be. The first 3-4 days is the worst but after that, things get easier; not easy by any means but easier. Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it and it helps. We are all here to support you and to lend a shoulder to "cry on" when things get difficult. We are all in the same boat and everyone here is wonderful. Welcome to the family!! :welcome:

Denise

Amy,

I haven't personally had that problem, but I have read a bunch of posts about it. I think it is one of the side effects that are considered normal from the lap band, though. I had been wondering myself if I would have that when I got a fill.

Kristi

Well everyone tomorrow is the big day!!!!!! I cannot believe it is here...Well I just wanted to let everyone know and to thank all of you for being there for me when I was in need of support...You are all great and here is to all of our new lives!!!!!!WOO HOOOO

Amy,

I haven't personally had that problem, but I have read a bunch of posts about it. I think it is one of the side effects that are considered normal from the lap band, though. I had been wondering myself if I would have that when I got a fill.

Kristi

Thanks Kristi, I didnt think it was sliming...

APinkSaprano--Tomorrow is my big day too! My surgery is at 7:30am and luckily I only have to travel about 5 minutes. I hope that everything goes well for you, keep us updated!

Karen and Angela--Thank you for the compliments, we should all start posting pix of ourselves so we can get to put a face to all of the wonderful words everyone types!

Angela--That is so awesome how you kept your MS at bay with holistic remedies, maybe I need to get your advice on how to help out my daily headaches with holistic remedies!

I want to be added to the November bandsters too! I was banded on November 15th in Las Vegas by Dr. Atkinson. Woo-Who!!!!

I didnt have to stay on liquids before surgery but after. 14 to 21 glorious days of nothing larger than a straw! So far so good! Loosing weight.

Can someone tell me how to get a ticker on my profile?

Thanks, Boo

Hey everyone,

I'm flying to TJ, Mexico tomorrow, :) I'm not sure what time I'll be banded but please keep me in your prayers.....I'm so terrified but excited at the same time.

Talk to ya'll soon,

Diana G. :paranoid