Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I am require to lose 5 pounds before surgery...I tried to start a pre op diet and failed everytime including today....I dont know what is going on with me but I dont know how I am going to lose it and I am a little depressed aobut it...What about you do you have to lose any before? If so how are you doing it?

A good way of losing it and not feel deprived is to doa low carb diet, which also heps shrink your liver for surgery. Low fat protein...skinless chicken, fish, green veggies, sugar free Jello, lots of Water. Hope it helps!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6859&stc=1&d=1163342521

I just thought that I would share a current picture of myself!!

Cassandra, what an adorable picture of you both!! You look so cute and in love... thanks for sharing this!! Thanks also for the kind words about my surgery. How is your sister doing since her thyroid cancer?

Are you getting better with your nervousness? Is your boyfriend? Show him this list and all of us who are reporting back so soon after surgery---it may make him feel better and help him to understand what you will be going through afterward, OK? Good luck with the pre-op diet!

Karen

:welcomeB: Mrs.832 and apinksoprano!! I am glad you are joining us!! Keep posting and ask any questions you may have---we are in this together!!

Karen

hi everyone back from mexico, and feeling really weak, hope this is normal, no pain just very weak, suppose to go back to work on wed but i don't know if i'm going to feel up to it. i'm suppose to be on full liquids but all i can tolerate is Clear Liquids , anyone else having this problem? jackye:help: :help:

Jackye, I felt pretty weak for the first couple of days after my surgery, until I was able to get down something with more substance then just the clear liquids. TRY to get down a Protein Shake, and I wouldn't try too hard to keep it very-low carb, just in case your body is like mine and needs some carbs. See if that will get rid of that queasy feeling.... it really helped me. I used plain soy milk, and didn't go for the "light" kind, and my Protein Powder has a few carbs, also. It is still "low", but sometimes our bodies may need a little time to make the transition from how we used to eat, to this new way. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

Karen

:gluck: to SHERRIE, BETSYJANE, KEE, AMY, TROPICALJILL, KELLY, AND MRS.832, who are being banded this coming week!! You will do GREAT---you'll see!! Please report back as soon as you are able, and know that we will be thinking and praying for you!

Karen :)

Hey Karen, thanks for the welcome...I am so excited I cannot believe I have to wait a whole week, hahaha.....Actually, I am very happy but to be honest I have spent the last 3 days crying over everything and nothing at all...I am going through a very emotional time, which I am sure is normal....I have to start my pre op diet tomorrow which I am dreading because I have tried twice and have failed but I gotta do it....Any words of advice as far as pre op diets would be helpful....Thanks again eveyrone

Hey Karen, thanks for the welcome...I am so excited I cannot believe I have to wait a whole week, hahaha.....Actually, I am very happy but to be honest I have spent the last 3 days crying over everything and nothing at all...I am going through a very emotional time, which I am sure is normal....I have to start my pre op diet tomorrow which I am dreading because I have tried twice and have failed but I gotta do it....Any words of advice as far as pre op diets would be helpful....Thanks again eveyrone

Hi, I started my pre-op last week and lost 4 lbs the first week (I wish it were more, but still not bad). My pre-op is: 1 Protein Shake for breakie, 1 for lunch and salad (greens/peppers/cuke/mushrooms), and a Lean Cuisine for dinner. My doc says no LC over 350 cals and shakes no more than 220 cals. Hope that helps! :)

I was banded on 11-09-06...still prett:clap2: y sore but I have so much support from people who have been successful. I plan on really making my Dr. and family proud.

Hi everyone, I'm from San Diego and I am getting banded on Friday in Mexico and very excited and nervous. Can someone give me some tips on the clear liquid diet the first two weeks after surgery. I have tried the Protein Shakes and am really struggling. They taste so horrible to me. I have lost 8 pounds and still have this week to lose a few more before surgery. Congrats to all of you brave souls. I am getting a bit nervous.:phanvan :phanvan 5'10" and 252 was 260 and tired very tired of hauling around all this weight.

Terri

Dpingl, I am soooo sorry that you didn't do as well as you had hoped. I usually do get sick for the day after a surgery, but it didn't happen this time. I can't imagine why you had such trouble. Well, it can only get better from here on out, huh?? Please get well soon and let us know how you are doing. We will have some numbers to compare, since we got banded on the same day! Keep us posted on your progress, please!!

Karen

Karen,

Thanks for your support. I am doing much better now, gas and few aches here there is it. (I am a bit concerned about slippage just due to all the previous heaving.:sick I THINK I am down about 11 pounds as of today. Have not figured out how to move my ticker?? I am eating Soups and yogurts and few other very liquid mushies. I move to full mushies Wed. I have already found it I don't drink slowly I get a tightness in my chest. :) I walked today for the 1st time, it was nice to get out!

I also have one shoulder that is sore because its the side that I have been sleeping on..I thought it was gas but don't think so now ..??

How are you doing? Do you still have all your tape on? One of mine came off in the shower today..??

I have my staples out Wed... Looking forward to that, AND then I can move to foods like cottage cheese etc.. YEAH! :clap2: AND wonder why I am FAT? HA.

Thanks again for everyones support!

Welcome to our new November Bandsters!! :gluck: Good luck to the bunch going next week. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

This is my 5th day post-op and I am doing well... I walked several times outside today and it really helped. I met Penni from this site..she has a post about Ghost Whisperer on Fridays here...take a look. They used her house for the episode being shown this Friday 8pm? on CBS. Penni is awesome! She came to Burbank and we walked and talked for a while. She is no longer banded, but she was so helpful!

Karen...I hope you are doing better...did you take anything for you know.... like pepto bismol? By the way, do you know if there is a train from BUrbank to Ventura?

Penni said she knows of a great fill doc in Ventura for you...let me know if you want the name :) Congrats on your weight loss :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Vegge--- you look soooo adorable in that picture!!!:eek:

Congratulations AngelaT good luck on your journey and thanks for the Ghost Whisperer reminder. I don't watch it but I will to see Penni's house.

Also, Crystalstar11 will be going into surgery this morning around 7:45 to get banded. Keep her in your prayers.:pray:

Thank you everybody for there support I have 4 more days until my big band day I am so excited I am not nervious at all. Maybe that will all change on Thursday when I get to the hospital.

It's that time again! Good luck to all who are beginning a new journey in life this week! Come back as soon as you can and update us, so that we can cheer you on as you actively change your life for the better! To those traveling...save journey....

11/13 Lea ???/220/130 Dr. Cirangle

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

11/13 Betsyjane Dr. Spivak

11/13 Keekahari (Kee) 278/245/175

11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: -129 Dr. Liu

11/14 yyev (Yyvonne)

11/15 tropicaljill 238/238/160

11/15 TBaileyRN

11/16 Mrs.832 Dr. Spiegel

11/17 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200 Dr. Aceves

11/17 terrimck1 (Terri) 260/252/???

Chris