Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

FullofGrace and anyone still thinking about surgery!

Hi...thanks for the response to my post. I was too scared. I am still scared. I am scared that I will have complications, etc. This is a huge decision in your life. It's not like getting your hair cut short after having long hair all your life.

You know, one of my doctors told me that she was very very happy that I had made this decision. She has recommended it to patients before and of course their excuse is they don't have the money or insurance. She said to me...I see people in their fancy cars, fancy trips and fancy houses. They think more about material items than their own health. To me that tells me that she totally recommends it!

For me this will decrease my insulin in take or possibly put my diabetes in remission. I hope to be able to live a longer and a healthier life for the two children, which I adopted. When I did...I just wasn't thinking of them...I was just thinking of me, but now I have to think about them. I just wanted children. I can't leave them planning their own 16th birthday party...LOL. You know what I mean.

I have been over weight my whole life. I started dieting at the age of 10 years old. At 13 years old my mom took me to a doctor with pills in jars. Caffeine! I always lost weight and then gained it back.

I am praying for an answer this time! It just has to work.:o

Hi All November Bandsters!

I had my procedure last night at 7:00 and am happy to report that I am home and doing very well. I was discharged at 9:00 this morning and walked home from the hospital (it's only 2 blocks away). The only pain I have is from the gas build up. I feel some pressure on the upper part of my stomache - but it's getting better with every hour that passes. I ahve also been taking some Gas X for the gas.

I pretty much slept all day but I also managed to do some work from home. I think the surgery was flawless and I am thrilled. I will follow up with my appointment next week.

Best to everyone! Anyone who is waiting for their banding, I know it can be stressful - just hold on and remember that you are doing this to be the healthiest you you can be!!

Warmest regards,

Maureen

Weight at consultation: 245

Weight day of surgery: 238

Banded 11.06.06

Dr. Ren / NYU Medical

Hi Everyone,

Kym here... i am 6 days post surgery and feel pretty darn good. i am back at work today and have no complaints about anything except i still have the gas pains - they come and go. any idea how long the gas is suppose to last? i forgot my gas-x at home today so i cant wait for lunch so i can go get some!! i am down 10 lbs so far and the surgery itself really was the easiest surgery i have ever had. good luck to everyone - i hope you all have a positive experience like i have had.

kym

Hi Kym,

I'm having my surgery with the same doc on Nov. 20th and we have similar starting/goal weights. :o

I'm so glad that everyone has been posting post-op...it really helps re-enforce that it's the right decision and to remain positive! So thank you to everyone and good luck to those getting banded this week! :clap2:

Hi I got my band on Nov. 1, today is my birthday woohoo, I have lost 20 lbs with the preop diet(8lbs), and 12 lbs after the band. It will be one week tomorrow! I am glad we have a bunch of folks to talk to here with the same timeframes.

banded Nov. 1, 2006

Dr. Benavides, Dallas, TX

(Live in OK, though)

beginning weight 237

desired weight, 150

:funscale:

Hi all! I am getting my band on Nov 14th....woo hoo....I am sooo excited. Good luck to all.

Any update from our friends who have been banded? We are so excited to hear and wish all the best recovery to each of you!

BROOKSIEEEE I TOO ADOPTED MY BOY ;-)

How weird...I adopted my son from birth and it's the best choice I ever made. Now getting this surgery to have more quality life with him is second best ;-)

I gotta keep forging ahead despite the fear that paralyzes me...it's in God's hands. You're an inspiration hon.

BROOKSIEEEE I TOO ADOPTED MY BOY ;-)

How weird...I adopted my son from birth and it's the best choice I ever made. Now getting this surgery to have more quality life with him is second best ;-)

Hey! I adopted my two daughters as well! I want to be a positive role model for them - I don't want them to have the same food and weight issues as I have.

Wow...we sure all have a lot of adopted kids...I often wonder if I couldn't get pregnant cause of weight. My mom said after you get this band you may need birth control...I laughed hysterically but could she be right? ;-)

hello everyone,

i just wanted to update you guys --- i am doing much better today with the gas pain. i think it is finally all gone!! yay!! that really is the only bad thing i have to say - otherwise the days are going by quickly and i am still not hungry at all. i find that i have to drink some liquid yogart or so Soup just to keep up my energy level. i am down 11 lbs and i know that pace wont continue but its a nice start.

Sunsreturn - you will love Dr Ortiz and his staff. i really felt like a VIP the entire time i was in Tijuana. Dr Ortiz is the type of person that immediately makes you feel comfortable and you really understand that he loves what he does and they will all make you feel special. i cant wait to hear how it goes for you. if you have any questions about the clinic or about anything just ask and i will gladly tell you.

Hello! I am worried about something in particular after surgery....:straight I was expecting to have my boyfriend around a lot more after the surgery than he truly will be able to. He found out recently that his work wont let him off on some days that we were hoping they would...

What I am truly worried about is being able to get out of bed/off a couch, basically sit up on my own without assistance. Now I understand that we all vary idividually is the sense of recovery, but I was just wonderign what you all thought of that....:guess

Hello! I am worried about something in particular after surgery....:straight I was expecting to have my boyfriend around a lot more after the surgery than he truly will be able to. He found out recently that his work wont let him off on some days that we were hoping they would...

What I am truly worried about is being able to get out of bed/off a couch, basically sit up on my own without assistance. Now I understand that we all vary idividually is the sense of recovery, but I was just wonderign what you all thought of that....:guess

Not to worry! You won't need him. You'll be surprised at how easy this surgery is once you do it. It's not going to keep you in bed or unable to move around on your own. :)

Hi Everyone,

I was just banded Monday Nov 6. It wasn't as easy and painless as I had hoped but now the 3rd day post op I am feeling a little better and expect to feel even better everyday from here on out. I can't believe how fast I get full and how my appetite has virtually disappeared. :) Not even hungry--it is like a dream. I lost 9 1/2 pounds on my pre-op diet but haven't stepped on the scale yet:cry I am now eating some cream of potato Soup and its like heaven. Thanks for everyone's support and advice before the big day it was such a help. I'm here if anyone has any questions. :clap2: