Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

:help: THE PRE-OP DIET IS CLOSING IN ON ME,,, I HAVE ONE MORE WEEK TO GO BEFORE I START IT,,,COTTAGE cheese AND YOGURT YUM, YUM:clap2:

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE FOR THIS 2 WEEK DIET..... TALK TO YOU ALL SOON:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Kym, that's good to hear about Dr. Ortiz. I have not heard anything negative about him from anyone...and I've searched! I'm sooo looking forward to it...is that odd? :success1:

Khrissy, I just started my pre-op diet on Monday...persevering. Every doc is different depending on how much you weight and your BMI. One of the pre-op diets with Dr. Ortiz that I'm doing is Protein Shakes for Breakfast & lunch; big salad with lunch; and a lean cuisine and salad for dinner. Not so bad so far...ask me in another week! :pound:

Hi November bandsters!

Let's keep this going to support our efforts though out the wonderful we are soon to begin. Let's start with the date we are being banded and where?

Our weight and goal weight...

My date will be November 7

Dr. Aceves

I weighed myself this morning and I have gained!!! :faint:

Starting weight 225 (highest ever!!! )

Goal 150

10/26 Jdru (Jessica) 215/215/125 Dr. Hansen (Honorary Nov Bandster)

11/1 melany72 Dr. Hargroder

11/2 DeniseC (Denise) 226/219/130 Dr. Carbonell

11/2 prbrooksie 252/252/150 Dr. Malley

11/2 Kym828 (Kim) 278/278/175 Dr. Ortiz

11/2 pebbles4388 249/249/150

11/3 Jess333 (Jessica ("Lil" Red)) Dr. Ortiz

11/7 AngelaT (Angela) 225/225/150 Dr. Aceves

11/7 Jackye 225/225/150-45 Dr. Rumbaut

11/8 L8BloomR (Karen) goal: -105 Dr. Francis

11/8 dpingl goal: -92 Dr. Hoehn

11/8 niecyrenee goal: -232, down 8 Dr. Pitt

11/9 Keekahari (Kee) 280/245/175 Dr. Moazzez

11/10 FullofGRACE Dr. Curry

11/10 alix_1 (Alix) 222/222/140 Dr. Garza

11/13 swilborn (Sherrie) Size 22/???/140 Dr. Rodriquez

11/14 ahaizlip (Amy) goal: -129 Dr. Liu

11/17 Asmallerchick (Kelly) goal: -200 Dr. Aceves

11/20 Diana_G 234/234/145 Dr. Huacuz

11/20 Veggestyle 275/?/150 Dr. M

11/20 Laurba

11/21 Jess02 (Jess) Dr. Rumbaut

11/24 aussie_bandit 153kg/153kg/75kg

11/30 Inner_me (Chris) 350/350/200 Dr. Cahill

My date is Nov 28 MPJ (Michael) 289/289/165 Dr. Huacuz TJ

Sunsreturn,

You will not regret the preop diet. It will help your liver shrink and make it easier for you during/after surgery. I am not a doc by any means, but I believe it made a huge difference on my rehab. Also, I only had 3 incisions because he said my liver was out of the way. I don't have a spleen or a gall bladder and I think all three factors made a an impact.

Anyway.... good luck to you all. This is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I hope you all feel the same!!!!

Hello all,

I'm Kathy and I'm joining this group and having surgery on 11/23..........Thanksgiving!! I'm having surgery with Dr. Ortiz in TJ, Mexico. I'm looking forward to it and cannot believe the date is coming so soon!:clap2:

Looking forward to hearing how all of you are doing.

Kathy

Hi! I'm a November bandster too! I got banded on November 6th with Dr. Bessler at Columbia Presbyterian in NY. I'm about 5"3 and 220. My goal is 120. I lost 10 lbs. on three weeks of Optifast before sugery but I lost major inches since this whole thing started. I was edging from a 22 to a 24, and now I'm a comfortable 20/22.

I'm on pureed foods for this week - 1-2 ounces every 20 minutes and no drinking 1 hour after eating. I spend my whole day getting food together or drinking from tiny shot glasses.

Can't wait to be thin!!

Hello, All,

I'm joining the bandster ranks on November 20th and I'm getting the low-profile port to boot! Yeah, me!

[php]

[/php]Hey I just thought i would chime in and let you folks who are on the preop diet...if you have a tendency to slow down, or get a bit constipated, pay attention to this. The last two days before surgery, I would definitely just do the lliquids, even if your doc said small meals are ok. Taking the pain medicine slows down the bowels, and it would have been much more comfy and less gassy for ME if I had not had that last meal before surgery. It took me 5 days to "go" after surgery, and finally got rid of all of the gas that was trapped behind that load. Sorry this is gross, but it could help someone!!!!! Wish I had this information last week.........

Kristiweight.png[/img]

I've been reading all the pre-op stuff about what to eat. I think that it would have helped me recover faster, if my doctor had put me on a pre-op diet. All he said to do was Clear Liquids the day before surgery. I'll bet the reason I had so much pain on my left side was because I they had to move around my liver, etc.

I went back to work just 4 days after surgery, but I was in a lot of pain. I worked Monday and Tuesday and by Wednesday I was exhausted. I slept all day yesterday. I'm back to work today and feeling much better. There is still so pain but not as bad! I can walk straight up and down now.

My blood sugar are coming down and my insulin intake too. I have had compliants on my facial skin too. I think it is because I stopped drink diet coke and I'm drinking Water now.

Tomorrow's the day...oh my...wish I had the courage of so many of you...my husband will probably drive me there cryin the whole way. In advance, thanks so much for the support of this group..I'll be back on the minute I am physically able please pray for me as I embark on the next 24 hour journey.

FullofGrace,

Don't you worry, dear! It's all going to be just fine, and easier than you thought. My surgery was last Thursday, and I was nervous too, but afterwards, I was so surprised at how easy it really was. Let us know how you're doing as soon as you are able. God Bless You!