Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Strained Panera's chicken Soup mixed with unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein is the BOMB-DIGGITY. Thanks, Jennyannk73, for the inspiration!!!

Good to know since I am going to start working at Panera on Wed. :*)

Yeah to pureed foods! Saw my doc for 2week post op vist. I purposely did not weigh myself for a week since 1 week post op the scale didn't move! :(

So I am down 10 pounds since surgery date!! YEAH!! And I can finally have something other than protien shakes. Although I am glad I like them because they will probably be my major source of protien for a while. I feel great, back to work tomorrow. Waaaaa! It was nice not to have to get up early for a couple of weeks. Well, back to reality!

I will be 3 weeks out on Wednesday. I can start having fish and moist meats. My husband and I love Japanese food, and I won't give it up (but I am giving up the rice and noodles). We don't go a lot. He was really wanting it tonight, so I did a bad thing and went ahead and ordered scallops. I could only eat one and ate half of a piece of the hubby's shrimp. It was so good and so filling. I was very thankful to have some substance.

I will be 3 weeks out on Wednesday. I can start having fish and moist meats. My husband and I love Japanese food' date=' and I won't give it up (but I am giving up the rice and noodles). We don't go a lot. He was really wanting it tonight, so I did a bad thing and went ahead and ordered scallops. I could only eat one and ate half of a piece of the hubby's shrimp. It was so good and so filling. I was very thankful to have some substance.[/quote']

Sounds yummy , I started soft foods today , I am only two weeks out but that's the diet my bariatric center has two weeks of liquid post surgery is it , I had an egg for dinner and it gave me a little bit of a stuck feeling , not too bad , but enough to make me take it very very slow

Wow that's amazing u still have a drain. Mine came out day 3 a lot of people don't even have one. I wonder why do different.

What is the drain for because I didn't get one but see a lot of you guys talking about it.

I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and of the whole experience the worst part was when they pulled the drain. I cant really explain the feeling but it made me sick to my stomach. Even now i get nauseas just thinking about it. The RN kept pulling and it felt like forever. Im mot kidding you but when the drain was pulled out, there was blood on the floor, sheets, wall, and iv stand.

The drain is to help your body remove excess Fluid from the surgery. I am guessing it keeps it from going thru your kidneys. Not sure. I'm glad it is out though along with staples. Feel much better. Twelve days post surgery and down 35 pounds from original weight including 13 post surgery. On my way...........best wishes to all!!

I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and of the whole experience the worst part was when they pulled the drain. I cant really explain the feeling but it made me sick to my stomach. Even now i get nauseas just thinking about it. The RN kept pulling and it felt like forever. Im mot kidding you but when the drain was pulled out' date=' there was blood on the floor, sheets, wall, and iv stand.[/quote']

It is a long thin tube that feels like your insides are unravelling. The nurse pulled it out too quickly and the deep end probably popped out splattering the blood. Smh. If she had had one hand on the opening while pulling with the other hand that wouldn't have happened

Done Did It!

I really miss eating fruit can anyone tell me when or if I will be able to eat fruit again

I really miss eating fruit can anyone tell me when or if I will be able to eat fruit again

I can have non-citrus fruit next week (week 3) puréed. Citrus fruits after 8 weeks. I can't wait for applesauce next week!! And pears!!

My surgery is tomorrow. House is all ready, bag is all packed. Just hanging out, getting my clear fluids in. Nervous but excited... :D

I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow. I was just progressed to soft foods(fish and moist meats). I've been stuck at 242 for about a week. I'm still getting less than 500 calories a day. Could my body be in starvation mode?

5days out and I'm starved!! This is the first time I how experienced hunger. My mouth is soo dry also:-( looking forward to Friday yogurt never sounded soooo good!!!